Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

I'd pass - would rather pick up someone who could offer something now and for the next few years going forward rather than a one-year-pony.

If Newman retires then Johnson would be the oldest guy on the team (if they signed him).

Seen other journeymen just take the Cincy $ and not perform - ala Westbrook, Owens

Pick up a FA guy with something in the tank and draft a long term future would be my way to go as replacements for Little, Tate, Sanzenknackered

I dunno. Since it looks like there will be significant changes in 2016 given all the contracts that are up I wouldn't mind taking a few one-year shots in 2015. And a guy like Johnson is going to want to go somewhere that give him a legit shot at a title win. I could see him landing in about half a dozen spots -- half of which are in our division.

But in any event it's good news. The more FA WRs there are the better chance Cincy has of landing a decent vet.

I dunno. Since it looks like there will be significant changes in 2016 given all the contracts that are up I wouldn't mind taking a few one-year shots in 2015.

So potentially adding Johnson to a raft of other guys who's contracts are to expire in 2016 would not be a smart move - ???? - surely it'd be better to sign someone (and for someone read a WR with some years left on the clock) for 3 or 4 years say, making that one less player to worry about in 2016

I could care less if Johnson is gone in 2016. I'm signing him for a one-year run at the Lombardi. As for everyone else, well, I can sign a couple guys if I feel like it but frankly, I'm just as good with blowing it all up and starting over in 2016 if 2015 doesn't turn out any better.

1. Man, Philly rocking & rolling. Ships McCoy to Buffalo for Kiko Alonso. :huh:/>

2. Meanwhile in Cincy, Hobs writes a Choice column about how they can't afford to resign Boling...

In regards to #1 above, the Eagles move a high dollar player for a low dollar player that will have a big impact for them.

The Bills make a move for a player they feel is going to help their organization now regardless of cost.

In regards to #2 above, blah, blah, blah. Same old, same old.

Many people didn't think sh*t of Boling last year and now somehow he's unreachable.

1. Man, Philly rocking & rolling. Ships McCoy to Buffalo for Kiko Alonso. huh.gif/>

2. Meanwhile in Cincy, Hobs writes a Choice column about how they can't afford to resign Boling...

In regards to #1 above, the Eagles move a high dollar player for a low dollar player that will have a big impact for them.

The Bills make a move for a player they feel is going to help their organization now regardless of cost.

In regards to #2 above, blah, blah, blah. Same old, same old.

Many people didn't think sh*t of Boling last year and now somehow he's unreachable.

This snippet taken from the dot com where Hobson responds to a fans question about the publicised aggressive free agency that the Bengals were going to give us ....

"That's my best guess on what happens just because they've developed a track record over the last five years or so in the draft and free agency and given that it's been the most successful stretch in franchise history, I imagine they'll stick with "same ole, " same ole,"

Jonathan Hayes apparently scouting Maxx Williams.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/nfldraft/2015/3/4/8147011/jonathan-hayes-visits-minnesota-pro-day

Current conventional wisdom seems to have Maxx going early to mid second so if the Bengals are actually interested they would probably have to move up. Hard to see them pulling the trigger on him at 21. But you never know. It wouldn't be the first time the Bengals have let a guy go in FA only to have to use a premium pick to fill the newly opened hole. Heck, it just happened last year with MJ -> Clarke.

Jonathan Hayes apparently scouting Maxx Williams.

http://www.cincyjung...nnesota-pro-day

Current conventional wisdom seems to have Maxx going early to mid second so if the Bengals are actually interested they would probably have to move up. Hard to see them pulling the trigger on him at 21. But you never know. It wouldn't be the first time the Bengals have let a guy go in FA only to have to use a premium pick to fill the newly opened hole. Heck, it just happened last year with MJ -> Clarke.

I just hate to see another high-round selection eaten up by the TE position. I would understand it, but blech...

Another first round TE would straight piss me off.

There isn't one worthy of the #21 pick to start.

Maybe a trade down would be a line of thought, but still couldn't say as I would like that.

There are TE's in the draft that I think are a little under the radar due to either scheme or QB play.

I hear ya, guys. I don't want a TE early either. But that said, Eifert is still something of an unknown, and with the team apparently determined to drive Gresham away, our list of tight ends basically starts and stops with Tyler. So I can see scenarios, like a trade down from 21, where Williams makes sense.

I know everyone hates Jermaine but letting him walk is not without its costs. And one of them may be a pick in the first few rounds.

Another first round TE would straight piss me off.

There isn't one worthy of the #21 pick to start.

Maybe a trade down would be a line of thought, but still couldn't say as I would like that.

There are TE's in the draft that I think are a little under the radar due to either scheme or QB play.

Totally agree. William is a good prospect but I'd prefer get a veteran who is quantifiable. Chase Daniels, fasano, etc.

I'm mystified about the lack of focus on the D line. To me, this is the most important area to address. Trent adore is an interesting guy to evaluate. Him, Burfict and FNR has the look of a solid squad. Now, watch us all crap bricks should they make a move for Suh. I mean, they did say things were "changing", right?

Well, in looking around at some of the mocks I found where Rob Rang (CBS Sports) thinks the Bengals should take Green-Beckham at #21.

Talk about taking a first round risk !!!

I'm ok wth him at 21 but would prefer one of the LBs or DEs, like Fowler.

A 5th grader with a keen eye for common sense would tear Hobson's Math to shreds. Hobson Math.... Add players to the total who won't be here - check! Add money to players who are street free agents - check! Add money to next year even though we all know those players won't be resigned anyway! And finally, here is the kicker- add an extra paragraph or two to the word problem to exaggerate the cost of draft picks!