Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

I'm just thinking... Why not move up and get Kevin White at WR? Even if you package a first and maybe a Sanu orJones - it is a good risk/reward scenario. You get the top WRin the draft to side with Green at a rookie price tag for the next 3-4 years.

I'm just thinking... Why not move up and get Kevin White at WR? Even if you package a first and maybe a Sanu orJones - it is a good risk/reward scenario. You get the top WRin the draft to side with Green at a rookie price tag for the next 3-4 years.

Have the Bengals ever traded up ?? They seem to never do anything in the world of trades either up/down and I don't think this year will see a deviation from that tact. I wouldn't be upset at a trdae down as there seem to be a lot of lineman in the draft this year and i'm sure they could build depth with some mid round picks

Would love to see Kevin White in stripes, but I could say that about a lot of the guys at the top of the draft board.

I simply can't see the Bengals giving up what they would have to in order to move from #21 into likely the top 5.

If they were willing to do that, you would think it would be for a QB.

There are about a handful of WR's I wouldn't mind seeing in stripes.

If they are going to trade up I doubt they'd target a WR. The Moore signing aside it's a fairly deep year at receiver. If some guy they really love slides into the early teens I could see them trying to move up a few spots but otherwise I figure they'll sit at 21.

Hobson gives his picks for the first 4 in his latest column:

How about my targets for the four picks in the first three rounds? Round 1: Alabama safety Landon Collins; Round 2: Ohio State wide receiver Devin Smith (Phillip Dorsett will be gone); Round 3: a little local flavor with Ohio State tight end Jeff Heuerman and Texas linebacker Jordan Hicks from out Lakota way in suburban Cincinnati.

Blech.

Yeah, I saw that. Based on their love for Alabama players and local products right ??

I still say Collins is a SS and Iloka seems to handling things there nicely.

I wouldn't mind Devon Smith, but think Dorsett could still be there in the 2nd.

I've already stated that I like Heuerman from Ohio St, but the first pick in the 3rd ?? Maybe the comp pick at the earliest.

Jordan Hicks ?? Not thrilled with him and his injury concerns.

Sounds like a Raiders move, go get a WR when you have other holes to fill.

Nice to see Peerman back, as I have always liked him. Wonder what the numbers look like ??

Maxx in the 2nd round ?? Yes, he would be the BPA at that point more than likely and certainly fill a hole.

While he may need help with his blocking (although not a clear weakness) I think it would be a great pick.

I've seen most that think he's a 2nd round talent, but the TE class sucks balls and will probably push him up.

I wouldn't hold my breath on him being there when the Bengals go on the clock in the 2nd.

We can always hope.

Bengals, Ravens and Browns all chasing some scrub TE named Housler.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/4/1/8328317/quick-snap-who-is-rob-housler

Clowns win.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/4/9/8377293/rob-housler-browns-bengals-ravens

Any news on Greshams recovery from surgery?? Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back for a year

Nope, I haven't seen anything on the Gresham front. But yeah, there seems to be an emerging...well, I wouldn't quite call it a consensus, more like a feeling...that Jermaine will end up back in Cincinnati on some kind of short-term deal.

I don't think his blocking has ever been in question nor an issue ... I'm not even sure he fumbles as much as we, the fans, think it just it becomes more noticeable when Gresham does it, ... I think it's the stupid, bonehead false starts and offsides penalties that kill drives that drives everyone nuts with his performances (certainly me anyways)

I don't think so. Dehner had this in today's walkthrough column:

The Bengals will hold a local prospect workout on Wednesday that could bring in a few interesting names then players can return to Cincinnati for the beginning of the offseason conditioning program next Monday.