Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

Yeah, most seem to see Erving as a center. It sounds like he'd be an upgrade over Bodine, but I don't see them giving up on him so quickly. We all know how Alexander is with his pet projects (see Ghaicuic, Eric; Bear, The Dancing).

I'm getting the feeling that no matter who they pick, my reaction is likely to be "meh."

With Gregory being a dumbass and failing his drug test at the combine, the mocks show the obvious that the Bengals take him at #21.

To start, there is still a team ahead of us that will take the chance on him.

Second, he's projected as a 3-4 OLB and doesn't even fit.

Third, why take that kind of risk when the guy enters the league in the substance abuse program ??

I just think it's so lazy to simply say the Bengals are the team to pick this guy since he has a red flag now.

I still don't think OLB should be overlooked at this point.

I don't know who that player might be, but have to figure it's a good thought.

I think OLB is probably the one position where they could take someone who has a chance to make an immediate impact. One name that keeps getting batted around is Eric Kendricks.

/>http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/eric-kendricks?id=2552312

I know the Bengals are hopelessly f**king stubborn about moving LBs, but imagine a best-case scenario of Kendricks on the weak side, Burfict in the middle and FNR on the strong side.

Brandon Tate visited with Kansas City Chiefs yesterday
/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/3/30/8315161/chiefs-host-bengals-free-agent-brandon-tate

(KC - please sign him ....PLEASE)

Fluff piece over at the spin zone on how the national media is ecstatic with bengals free agency. I'm not a big fan of "when we get these injured players back" because one never knows how a pro athlete will recover. Also mentioned how smart the Boling resigning is. Put me in the camp that Whit is many many many many many many times better at LG than Boling (to paraphrase Marvin) and the Bengals would be better of with a young LT

There is no emotcon that adequately expresses my disappointment

I've had a feeling that Gresham would come back ... and I still think it's a very likely (the most likely??) scenario so I wonder if entertaining Housler is an indication that Gresham may not be ready for the season following surgery. I have no idea about the rehab on surgery of herniated discs so I'm just thinking aloud here.

WR Denarius Moore in town for a visit. Had a down year last year but for the three years prior was good for 700ish yards and 5 TDs a year.

/>http://www.nfl.com/player/denariusmoore/2495315/profile

Would be a solid pickup and terrific insurance in case Marvin Jones has problems coming back from injury.

F*cking Josh Johnson ?? Seriously ?? Not that I see him sticking, but WTF ?? Just draft a QB late or bring one in as a FA prospect.

Neither one will have a snowballs chance in hell.

Moore would certainly hit from a speed perspective.

Would hate to see him or Tate stopping them from addressing it in the draft.

WR Denarius Moore in town for a visit. Had a down year last year but for the three years prior was good for 700ish yards and 5 TDs a year.

/>http://www.nfl.com/player/denariusmoore/2495315/profile

Would be a solid pickup and terrific insurance in case Marvin Jones has problems coming back from injury.

This WR can be effective if they had a QB with a big arm. That's not Dalton, as we know.

I, too, hope if he is signed it does not deter them from taking top WR prospect, r1 or r2.

Moore would certainly hit from a speed perspective.

Would hate to see him or Tate stopping them from addressing it in the draft.

Amen to that, brother !