Deflategate

Walrus

Since we're the only NFL forum in the world - or heck, only forum of any kind - without a thread about this, I figured I'd fire one up. After all, football is game of inches, and now - PSI.

Interesting illustration here of a mighty big coincidence that may or may not be related to the present topic:

Dropped Balls - The Patriots became nearly fumble-proof after a 2006 rule change backed by Tom Brady.

I wish I cared, but I really don't.

I know it's the biggest thing being discussed right now and is even getting air on the big new networks outside of the sports related ones, but I can't bring myself to worry about it all that much. If deflating the balls (not trying to be funny) is of benefit, it's of benefit to both teams. Last time I checked, the Patriots absolutely dominated the Colts in that game regardless of who was handling the balls (obvious attempt at humor).

I know it's the biggest thing being discussed right now and is even getting air on the big new networks outside of the sports related ones, but I can't bring myself to worry about it all that much. If deflating the balls (not trying to be funny) is of benefit, it's of benefit to both teams. Last time I checked, the Patriots absolutely dominated the Colts in that game regardless of who was handling the balls (obvious attempt at humor).

Each offense uses a different set of balls. So if one team doctors their balls illegally it will affect only their offense. That was the 2006 rule change described in the link I shared.

I just find it hilarious the way that Pats fans and the team are tying themselves into knots trying to dismiss it.

Did they cheat? Clearly. Have they been doing it for a while? Apparently. Did it matter? Unknowable. Are Brady, Belichick & Kraft lying through their teeth? You betcha. Is God-el going to do anything? Nope.

All I know is that I hope NE loses the super bowl by a million points.

Each offense uses a different set of balls. So if one team doctors their balls illegally it will affect only their offense. That was the 2006 rule change described in the link I shared.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Almooost......

Theeeere......

Nope, still don't care.

Agree with Hoosier's thoughts on this. There was some talk about a video that shows a Patriots staffer that went into grab the officials balls (no i'm never growing up) and take them into a bathroom and was behind the locked door for 90 seconds. Now while that staffer might have been taking a piss, 90 seconds is a decent enough amount of time to make anyone a little curious. I don't like any of it, but wouldn't expect anything to come of it.

Let's pretend they find conclusive evidence this did in fact happen.

I think the punishment should be on par or more than what happened with the Saints and the bounty situation.

I think the punishment should be that for the 2015 season, they have to play as the New England Ballsacks and change their logo for the year to an illustration of two shriveled testes.

I like this as a punishment. I assume the color scheme would be similar to the crap brown (from Cleveland) and some salt and pepper to represent the old man pubs that Bellicheck and Brady are probably sporting about now.

It's funny because my 8 year old son has been watching the sports channels and he sits and laughs everytime they mention the "Patriots Balls".

It goes on from there as you can imagine, so at least there's that to find amusing.

Chip off the old block, I see. LOL My 8 year old has been doing the same thing Army. The first time he looked back at me to get my reaction at him laughing. I couldn't help but chuckle too.

i believe this is to be true, since i do like dolphins, i dont enjoy this, hope Pats get serious punishment.

now I wonder one thing, last year when Bengals beat Pats, where they score only 6 pts in heavy rain game, did they forgot their deflated ball for that game? lol