2015 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

Well, according to Dehner's write up, "leading the charge" means the Bengals will:

1. Not just sit on their asses come March as per usual.

2. Aren't going to spend big for top free agents.

So think 2003.

That's kind of how I read things this morning.

Really make a push in adding guys, but not breaking the bank on them.

I didn't read anything to this point that would lead me to believe that we should look for a big name signing.

I would hate for someone to read, "leading the charge" to mean something more than it does.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read Hobs' latest column on the .com this morning. Nothing of great import but he does repeat his belief that DT and OT are prime targets for the first two rounds of the draft. So in free agency that would point toward filling other holes, which I would think are (in no particular order) LB, WR and TE.

Not a great year for FA linebackers. A little better for TEs. But there could be a bumper crop of good FA wideouts this year, depending on how many are re-signed before free agency.

Interesting chart here.

/>https://mobile.twitter.com/shanenfl/status/555891177593909249

Hall and Domata in real danger of being cut. cannot justify Hall getting that kind of coin in 2015, which I realize might seem unfair to him but let's all recognize that he was paid full salary level as he went through both injuries, which means the Bengals paid for but did not get the services of an elite corner during the time lost to injury. In fact, I thought (and pushed) for him to be cut after the end of last year when it was clear he was not the same player he'd been. The business side of the NFL can be a brutal thing, huh?

I think Hall does get cut, 7 million is just too much for a corner who no longer has any speed

I'd really, really like it if they managed to work out a deal where he can come back for say 2 or 3m, and he'd be used as CB to cover receiving TEs, which I think he is still pretty good at. He' a smart player who I'd like to see stay, but not for 7m. But I doubt he accepts such a pay cut.

Peko is indeed overpaid and mostly ineffective but I suspect they will let him play out his contract. I wish they'd cut him and let him explore free agency with an open door for him to return at vet min (at which price I still think he'd be a bit overpaid)

Harvey seems to think (http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/15297/bengals-mike-brown-free-agency-more-active-mailbag) we might make a run at TE Jordan Cameron, which is something I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see. Hurt a division opponent while bettering yourself greatly at a position of need? YES, YES, and YES yet again. I think this is the right year to play the part of the comp picks game where you sign sign sign to cover yourself for a few years, and take 2016 and 2017 off in the FA period to once again pick up comp picks. Jordan Cameron for 5 years for say 35-40M with half guarenteed, yeah, gimme that and a one way plane ticket outta town for Gresham

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459436/article/2015-nfl-unrestricted-free-agents-by-position

There's plenty of talent in FA at all of the Bengals positions of need ......it's getting the balance right between need, player, salary, and perceived draft prospects. I'd love Cincy to be a bitt more aggressive in FA then they have been historically by getting some good level guys who offer a few years playing time as the draftees develop.

Despite what's coming out of Bengaldom though I'll not be holding my breath - they could be talking about more Marshall Outhouse type guys!!

was unaware of the concussion issues, sorry

How about this guy, then? had some injury issues in 2014 as well

/>http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-2015-steelers/2015/1/19/7792305/tight-ends-list-depth-chart-steelers

Can't say I know much about him but sounds good from that description.