2015 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

Lamur should be a backup. They need to upgrade that OLB spot, but have no problem with him coming back for depth.

I'm curious what it will cost to keep Boling and he sounded interested to test the market.

The impact Maualuga made in the run game was impressive this season. When he was out, it was felt.

I don't need to say anything about Gresham.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamur should be a backup. They need to upgrade that OLB spot, but have no problem with him coming back for depth.

I'm curious what it will cost to keep Boling and he sounded interested to test the market.

The impact Maualuga made in the run game was impressive this season. When he was out, it was felt.

The Patriots exploited Lamur badly when Vontaze was out. I am not sure if he is really a long term player on this defense. Seems awful slender for a LB. Almost seems like a clone of Iloka.

As for Rey M. i would say sign him if possible. He impressed me this year when he was in there.

And I agree 100% about Gresham. Not sure if anyone heard the thrid hour of Bengals Line on Monday but during the FA review, Dave Lapham said "I wouldn't re-sign Jermaine Gresham if he agreed to play for one dollar". Later he repeated the comment and changed "one dollar" to "for free".:cheers:/>

You have some that think Gresham is overlooked and then some (like me) that are simply done.

I will agree that he is a better than average blocker, but I won't give him much more than that.

I don't want to turn this into a Gresham discussion though, I just hope he's gone and I don't care what the next option is.

I think Eifert is going to come back in 2015 just fine.

Lamur is very good, just can't anchor the group without Burfict. Get Lamur, FNR and Vontaze back on the field and that's a very solid core, with LNR, Porter and Flowers backing them up.

Boling is expendable with Pollack and Hopkins. I don't understand the "making a run at him" comment. As if he's a high-demand FA being flown to and fro. Just spin, to show how "desirable" players from this roster are seen in the league.

No comment on Gresham. Have fun in Oakland, or Jacksonville, Jermaine.

Lamur is very good, just can't anchor the group without Burfict. Get Lamur, FNR and Vontaze back on the field and that's a very solid core, with LNR, Porter and Flowers backing them up.

Boling is expendable with Pollack and Hopkins. I don't understand the "making a run at him" comment. As if he's a high-demand FA being flown to and fro. Just spin, to show how "desirable" players from this roster are seen in the league.

No comment on Gresham. Have fun in Oakland, or Jacksonville, Jermaine.

I think Lamur is a quality starter but in that "coverage lb" role. May not be an every down back. Definitely want to see him and Vontaze in Nickle packages

I think Boling can be signed longterm for vet min and somewhere between 0.5 and 1.0m in signing bonus, and given his combination of starting experience, youth, and versatility and the cost of developing a replacement, I think that'd be well worth it. I like Pollak a lot, but he is older and smaller, and I dont consider him to be a Boling replacement - I like his ability to play center, and Bolings ability to play tackle

Hopkins? an injured rookie UDCFA? as Chris Carter would say -- CMON MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!

If Gresham leaves -- and like most everyone I think he will -- then they need an experienced backup TE brought in via FA. Doesnt need to be a star, just solidly good as both a blocker and a receiver. And not a head case :-) I know I just described Hewitt, but we need one more guy, and i dont think a healthy Alex Smith or the journeyman Kevin Brock is that guy. Sadly, I dont think you can depend absolutely on Eifert being anything but injured. I hope I am wrong and that 2015 is his year, but I for one am not counting on him for anything at the moment

they've already decided to take an LT in the first in April

I like draft predictions as much as anyone, but, uhm - decided? set in stone? in January?

CMON MAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

Yup. It's locked in. I'd go so far as to say it will be Andrus Peat but we've got the hype machine to get through and guys will move around some.

Andrus Peat in the first ?? If he were to fall to #21, I would be all over that. I "currently" don't think that will happen.

Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas ?? Yes please to that as well, but only if there isn't a higher rated OT or DE on the board when we pick.

TE ?? If it's not addressed through free agency, then they need to go fairly high to get one worth a crap. The TE class looks weak.

Oh wait, this is a Bengals free agent thread. Let me keeps things on track.

While I think Lamur could be upgraded, he would still see plenty of playing time in the nickel and i'm good with that.

And of course, F you Gresham.

Woo hoo boys! Here we go. Today, January 9, two thousand and fifteen, we have our very first Bengals free agent signing! Take it away Coley:

The #Bengals have re-signed TE Kevin Brock as an exclusive rights free agent.

CHAMPIONSHIP! :P/>

Well they got to start somewhere lol

Andrus Peat in the first ?? If he were to fall to #21, I would be all over that. I "currently" don't think that will happen.

Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas ?? Yes please to that as well, but only if there isn't a higher rated OT or DE on the board when we pick.

TE ?? If it's not addressed through free agency, then they need to go fairly high to get one worth a crap. The TE class looks weak.

Oh wait, this is a Bengals free agent thread. Let me keeps things on track.

While I think Lamur could be upgraded, he would still see plenty of playing time in the nickel and i'm good with that.

And of course, F you Gresham.

Wasn't this Lamur's first year of playing time? Is there potential there?

Bengals getting crazy busy! Today they signed a Smurf! Hobs:

The Bengals signed free agent safety Shiloh Keo, a veteran of 42 NFL games, to a Reserve/Future contract on Saturday, which means he’ll join them the day after the Super Bowl on Feb. 2

The 5-11, 208-pound Keo goes into the mix at backup safety behind starters Reggie Nelson and George Iloka after spending the last half of this season without a team. After the Texans took him in the fifth round of the 2011 draft out of Idaho, he made 11 starts in the next three seasons with 68 tackles, two interceptions and 18 special teams tackles. The Texans released him in early October after he had been inactive all season. He joins a familiar face in Bengals cornerbacks coach Vance Joseph, his secondary coach in Houston.

This team has historically neglected the LB position. That has to change.

One exception was the Keith Rivers pick. But even then after it was apparent that he wasn't going to improve from more than just being a "guy", there was never much noise in that department.

Save, for the "Keith Rivers is doing MMA!" write up from Hobson in the offseason, the Bengals just don't address the linebacker position as much as they could.

Mike Brown "leading the charge" on change, free agents.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Sr-Bowl-notes-Lewis-on-DeflateGate-Bengals-looking-at-free-agency-Lewis-talks-Joseph-Tez-target/a434424b-a3c2-4fad-bba2-d12139f29f4d

Pass the popcorn, this ought to be good.

Mike Brown "leading the charge" on change, free agents.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Sr-Bowl-notes-Lewis-on-DeflateGate-Bengals-looking-at-free-agency-Lewis-talks-Joseph-Tez-target/a434424b-a3c2-4fad-bba2-d12139f29f4d

Pass the popcorn, this ought to be good.

LOL just read that on Twitter. Brown leading the charge, not really sure what that means, but I thought last year he said this was now Marvins team, he is stepping back. He must change his mind all the time.