2015 Draft Priorities

TJJackson

I type this as I watch the closing minutes of the playoff game against the Colts

The Colts had 3 starting offensive lineman out, and one would expect that the Bengals (or any NFL team) would have been able to EASILY get pressure on the passer

But this was not the case - quite the opposite, in fact

I dont have much confidence in Geno returning to what he once was, nor do I think Margus (who I like a lot) or Clarke are gonna be the answer

so I think the 1st rounder simply has to be a pass rushing DL - doesnt really matter if it is a DT or a DE

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im good with all except another WR, when Jones comes back there is no need to draft a WR

Green, Jones, Sanu, Wright and whatever they find late in the draft are fine with me. Get the Lines fixed and then LB

I honestly don't think either Jones or Sanu is an ideal #2. I like Jones backing up AJ as a downfield threat, and Sanu is a solid slot #3. Jones did have his 10 TDs in 2013, but I really think that was more an anomaly (especially since 4 of them came in one game) than an indicator of what should be expected long term.

1) passrushing DL

2) three down TE

3) OLT

4) MLB

5) WR

Give me a competent #2 WR in free agency

I agree with each and everything you've written here.

But there's no way they go out and get another #2 WR. The Bengals have fully committed to Jones as number 2 WR. A long term deal is probably already in the works and has been since the 4 TD performance against the Jets.

Theres a lot I like in Marvin Jones -- but -- I think Jones has proven to be too fragile to be counted on

(starting to look at way with Eifert as well)

Jones, yes. His only consistent quality is being injured. Let him try to prove otherwise next season, but in no way should the Bengals be counting on him as their #2.

Jury is still out on Eifert. This season sure had that fluke feeling to it.

Theres a lot I like in Marvin Jones -- but -- I think Jones has proven to be too fragile to be counted on

Jones, yes. His only consistent quality is being injured. Let him try to prove otherwise next season, but in no way should the Bengals be counting on him as their #2.

Injuries be damned. Once the Bengals FO has you pegged onto the roster, you'll get a long term deal and you'll like it. Adjusting on the fly is not their MO.

Injuries be damned. Once the Bengals FO has you pegged onto the roster, you'll get a long term deal and you'll like it. Adjusting on the fly is not their MO.

The FO is solid and has been for several years now. Move on.

I wouldn't say Eifert is fragile whatsoever.

Have you seen the still photo of Eifert's arm during the I jury? How that ended up ONLY dislocated and not broken in two is beyond me. A nasty injury. Reminded me of Theismann's leg injury!

It's a deep draft for DL so if that's how they're inclined finding help shouldn't be an issue.

I'd like a real LB someday.

But in the end I'd put my chip on OT in the first still. We'll see.

OT is going to have to happen sooner rather than later, without a doubt.

LB would also be fine by me.

Really, at this point, I trust the Bengals to do a solid job with it whichever direction they go. They've earned my trust in that regard.

I disagree. I tend to think that the FO has done a good job at building a roster but has issues managing it. Solid, yes. They need to improve to get over the hump.

I disagree. I tend to think that the FO has done a good job at building a roster but has issues managing it. Solid, yes. They need to improve to get over the hump.

Where's the mismanagement, exactly?

As a side note, start a new thread if you really feel strongly about it. Let's get this one back to the draft.

Where's the mismanagement, exactly?

As a side note, start a new thread if you really feel strongly about it. Let's get this one back to the draft.

Nope. Not needed. I will only point to declining players like Peko and Geathers that take up roster spots. Starting spots, no less. Loyalty with the Bengals is great, in fact it's one thing I love about this team. I do think it has it's drawbacks, though.