Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

Stripes

Already stocking up, Army. If I'm lucky I'll just pass out before the game!

Injury notes for today starting to trickle in. Green not expected to practice today,still under concussion protocol. Wallace Gilberry still sick, so he seems likely to sit. Pacman caught the bug as well but is reportedly feeling better.

Dehner says Marvin seemed much more serious in today's presser versus last year's pre-playoff meeting. So there's that.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already stocking up, Army. If I'm lucky I'll just pass out before the game!

Injury notes for today starting to trickle in. Green not expected to practice today,still under concussion protocol. Wallace Gilberry still sick, so he seems likely to sit. Pacman caught the bug as well but is reportedly feeling better.

Dehner says Marvin seemed much more serious in today's presser versus last year's pre-playoff meeting. So there's that.

Green not playing contributed to their loss last time. I would think they have a backup plan, hopefully using Wright in the mix.

Can't let them stack the box and shut down Hill!

They need to start using Little on the outside, or Wright if healthy. Sanu needs to make his way back into the slot where he can actually do something, it's time to get him back in these game plans.

That does seem like a lot of injuries, hopefully they start to come back after today.

Best players coming up big in the big games always seems to be a problem with this team, lets see that change this weekend!

Probably not but it's oddly...decisive. Cobi could easily have run with the ones in practice and if Sanz couldn't get back before the end of the week they could have made it official then. My guess is that Sanz's concussion is of a more serious nature, which sucks.

With Sanz gone and Wright looking iffy it seems certain that Cobi will be active Sunday. No better time than the present to get his head out of his butt.

For the Colts, looks like G Hugh Thornton and RT Gosder Cherilus didn't practice today. Thornton went down with a shoulder injury last week and most reports have him out this week if not longer. Cherilus is nursing a groin injury. They were hoping to have him back at practice today but reports are he was rehabbing on the side.

You know with over 22 years of military service, I've been around a ton of different leadership styles and to be honest, I don't see much leadership abilities in Dalton! When we turn the ball over, go three and out, fail to convert a TD, etc, the TV cameras usually show him sitting on the bench by himself. He's not reviewing pictures of the previous plays, going over game plans with the coaches and his teammates. He's just sitting there; with a puzzled look on his face. Then you take a look at the Tom Bradies, Payton Mannies, other QB's who are pacing the side lines, speaking to others, getting people pumped up, going over what went wrong and what to do next time they're on the field.

What I'd like to see before Sundays game is someone, maybe a Kenny Anderson or a David Fultcher, pull this young man a side and give him a pep talk. Speak to him about leadership, teamwork, motivation, etc...

Sanz (concussion) to IR. Cobi called up from the taxi squad.

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

actually, Cobi is a deep threat

a deep threat who (last we saw him) had bad hands, but a deep threat nonetheless, and one that the Colts have little or no film on

pretty exciting player when (not to beat a dead horse, but, well, ok, I will) he catches the damn ball

could prove to be quite interesting if he's active Sunday

best case scenario, and within the realm of possibility: they've prepped him for 2 or 3 specific deep route plays and his hands have quietly gotten better while he's been on the PS; and he gets us 2-3 catches for 50+ yards, maybe even a TD

You know with over 22 years of military service, I've been around a ton of different leadership styles and to be honest, I don't see much leadership abilities in Dalton! When we turn the ball over, go three and out, fail to convert a TD, etc, the TV cameras usually show him sitting on the bench by himself. He's not reviewing pictures of the previous plays, going over game plans with the coaches and his teammates. He's just sitting there; with a puzzled look on his face. Then you take a look at the Tom Bradies, Payton Mannies, other QB's who are pacing the side lines, speaking to others, getting people pumped up, going over what went wrong and what to do next time they're on the field.

What I'd like to see before Sundays game is someone, maybe a Kenny Anderson or a David Fultcher, pull this young man a side and give him a pep talk. Speak to him about leadership, teamwork, motivation, etc...

I'm not sure what you are watching, because I have seen every game this year, and the times that I have seen him shown on the website, sitting down, he is with Hue Jackson.

Sanz (concussion) to IR. Cobi called up from the taxi squad.

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

actually, Cobi is a deep threat

a deep threat who (last we saw him) had bad hands, but a deep threat nonetheless, and one that the Colts have little or no film on

pretty exciting player when (not to beat a dead horse, but, well, ok, I will) he catches the damn ball

could prove to be quite interesting if he's active Sunday

best case scenario, and within the realm of possibility: they've prepped him for 2 or 3 specific deep route plays and his hands have quietly gotten better while he's been on the PS; and he gets us 2-3 catches for 50+ yards, maybe even a TD

Don't mind me, i'm just still mad at him for wasting a perfectly good opportunity for him to be the player we wanted him to be which resulted in him getting cut in the first place. If he can somehow, as Hoosier said, pull his head out of his butt, then i'm all for it. I look at him the same way I do Little. All the athletic ability in the world, but to dumb to take advantage of the opportunities given to him.

I'm always hoping for the best though.

I'm not sure what you are watching, because I have seen every game this year, and the times that I have seen him shown on the website, sitting down, he is with Hue Jackson.

Have to agree. I always see him on the sidelines with Hue, Campbell, or talking to the players about what happened on a particular play.

I've been around an ass load of leadership styles as well, but it's hard to gauge without actually being around the person.

I've never even met Dalton.

time for the Bengals to win a play-off game. Dalton owes us a play-off performance of some merit ...he OWES it to us fans, the organisation, and most of all his team-mates. Time to deliver!

Have to agree. I always see him on the sidelines with Hue, Campbell, or talking to the players about what happened on a particular play.

I've been around an ass load of leadership styles as well, but it's hard to gauge without actually being around the person.

Yup. I think many of us would like to find the reason (if there really is a reason beyond bad luck or tough competition) for Dalton's playoff/prime time difficulties, but almost anything we assert is going to be arbitrary conjecture. I don't think Dalton's conduct on the sidelines as we can see it on camera is ever indicative of anything at all. He behaves like a football quarterback.

AJ dressed and doing warmups. He won't practice so he'll be listed as limited but it's a good sign of progress in the protocol. Same apparently for Peerman. Gresh and Wroght only two from yesterday still not working. Whit getting his vet day.

So pretty good news!

Point on Army! The only way we can truly discern, is if we are privy to all the meetings, locker room activities, sideline discussions etc.

Everyone think back last year to the Pats victory over the Colts in the playoffs. Blount had most of the offensive yards and most of the TDs.

Brady did NOT throw or even attempt a TD pass in that game!

I will take that kind of victory all day long. I could care less how many TDs Andy throws, interceptions yes, but not TDs.

If you think back with the first 3 playoff games, the Bengals were pretty much one dimensional. All pass and very little run.

They have a balance now, let's hope they use it again on Sunday!

espn goes 8-6 for the Colts.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Better. I'm starting to see more love for Indy elsewhere, too. Good, good, feed the underdog narrative, media, feed it!

(Of course, I also saw that freaking Daugherty picked the Bengals to win. Doomed we are, doomed...)