Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

Stripes

What's it going to be? Are we going to end this damned drought? Or are we going to become the Buffalo Bills of the wild card round?

The Colts have had some struggles in stopping the run, so that might bode well for Hill. Naturally though I'm terrified of Andrew Luck. And Andy Dalton. I don't honestly expect a win, but I think I'll be more relaxed watching this one than I was last year. The Bengals will be underdogs.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good: Bengals haven't lost 2 in a row all year. They will be underdogs again against Indy, although they were underdogs tonight. The law of averages say they are due to win a big stage game on the road. (Was hoping that would be tonight)

The Bad: They had a chance to overcome the away game Big Stage fright tonight until the fumble.

This franchise has never won an away playoff game.

Counting the playoffs they are 7-47 in away Big stage games.

Enie meanie mine moe!

I will be rooting as hard as any other fan next Sunday, but I still stick by my original prediction and predict a loss next week.

IF they lose, I will be pulling for the Pats, as hard as it will be. Why?

Because I like the Seahawks, Cowboys, and Packers even less than I do the Pats, and because of all the AFC teams I think they have the best chance to beat whichever NFC team gets there.

disappointed with the performance against Pittsburgh, think we beat ourselves rather than they beat us (fumbles, interceptions, missed tackles) but we were in the post season anyway so not losing sleep over it.

The question is, does Indy on the road provide a better chance of winning than Baltimore at home?? I think it does, - if we get a fairly healthy squad available for Sunday then I believe we have a genuine shot at winning this game.

Well with how the defense has been playing and how the injuries have been I'm just suprised they are even here.

They need a pass rush for sure. This 4 man rush is not working, just ask Ben. When they played the Broncos they were blitzing, not really sure why they changed against the Steelers. Put pressure on Luck and I think they get some turnovers. Indy does not have much of a running game, so focus on Luck.

Well least it's not a prime time game, so hopefully Dalton's passes are not sailing high. Please have a better game plan this time around, pull the o-line and pound the ball!

This game is very winnable, but can't make the stupid mistakes, stop the turnovers!

Well with how the defense has been playing and how the injuries have been I'm just suprised they are even here.

They need a pass rush for sure. This 4 man rush is not working, just ask Ben. When they played the Broncos they were blitzing, not really sure why they changed against the Steelers. Put pressure on Luck and I think they get some turnovers. Indy does not have much of a running game, so focus on Luck.

Well least it's not a prime time game, so hopefully Dalton's passes are not sailing high. Please have a better game plan this time around, pull the o-line and pound the ball!

This game is very winnable, but can't make the stupid mistakes, stop the turnovers!

Like I said above volcom, it's still a big stage game, which has been their franchise struggle, not the time of day. Even though they have never won an away playoff game and are 7-47 in big stage away games, I am with you and shooting for the positive and that's they haven't lost two in a row all year, and the law of averages certainly has to catch up with them and they finally win an away playoff game after 46 years! WHO DEY!

I still think they win this coming Sunday. Don't care about what happened in the season. Don't care about last night.

I care about how they game plan for a Colts team that is tops in passing offense, but isn't good at running the ball.

I think it's fairly easy to game plan to be honest. Blitz the hell out of Luck and make them beat you with Richardson.

Yes, Trent Richardson of 519 yards on the season.

I guess another way of saying it would be, whatever they did in the first game, don't do that.

Seriously though, I like this matchup. I believe the first game was just poor game planning and more of a fluke.

I don't think that much of an Indy team that hasn't played much of anyone this season and will probably be overconfident after the first meeting.

I have my concerns with Dalton (who doesn't) and what happens with the receiving corps if AJ doesn't make it back in time, but I think they overcome those concerns, put a solid game together and grab a win which again leaves people shaking their head about this Bengals team.

Some more thoughts as I look over the first meeting between these two:

-The Bengals were 1-13 on 3rd down conversions and only had the ball for 20 minutes (ouch).

-They only attempted 12 rushes for a massive 32 yards. Hill only carried the ball 4 times and Gio got blasted.

-Dalton was sacked 4 times in the game.

-AJ was out for that game as well and Gresham was the focus with 12 targets to Sanu's 9.

-They were +2 in turnovers but couldn't capitalize.

Obviously not having AJ on the field made things easier for the Colts and is one of my bigger concerns heading into this game in not having him again. Hill wasn't being used in that game the way he is now, so that is another aspect of the game that needs to be considered.

I simply think if AJ gets back and is ready, along with a heavy does of hill, that the Bengals surprise everyone and win Sunday.

If AJ doesn't get back, find a way to get Sanu more involved and get the ball in his hands.

There was a comment during the game last night where they mentioned the Bengals had to find a way to get it to someone besides Green.

There was a play where Tate (yes Tate) took a quick pass and made someone miss, which went for 14 yards.

I would like to see more of that with him and Sanu as they can make plays after the catch.

Outside of that, run Hill run.

Were we really without Lamur and Maualuga in the first game as well ??

This game is giving me the same vibe from last year when the Bengals beat the Chargers the first time around and then lost in the wild card.

It would appear that the team is just vastly different right now from the first time we faced them.

For your reading displeasure:
/>http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/25015-bengals-colts-game-thread/page__p__419371__hl__%2Bbengals+%2Bcolts+%2Bpre-game__fromsearch__1#entry419371

Yup, Bengals were missing a lot of pieces. We also lost Hall during the game. Colts will also be without Bradshaw this time around. Luck threw for 344 yards but only 2 scores. They really killed us with 130 rushing yards. With Thompson and FNR back Cincy is a different team.

Last game came at a time when the Colts D was peaking and our O was arguably at its lowest. I think we will give them a bit more fight this time.

To me, those game comes down to two things: Pass rush and Dalton.

If they can get after Luck, there is hope.

If Dalton can dramatically improve in one week the things he's struggled with for 4 years then there is hope.

To be honest, I'd just be happy for them to play a good game in all three phases and keep it close.

Bengals' do just enough to make it a game for a while, and then lose by 2 scores in the end. I expect nothing more.

How long have you been a fan?

I can't imagine how you made it through the 90s unless you just checked out until 2004.

Seriously, I will be TV side in the reclining love seat rooting for a victory but I'm sticking by my prediction that if they lost Sunday night they would lose the first playoff game. I hope I can come back Sunday evening for some Who Dey crow!

Been a fan from day one, and, for me, it's been real refreshing seeing them competitive, minus 2010, for the last 10 years and seeing them make the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years, especially for a franchise that has only made back to back playoff appearances, once in 38 years, and only won 5 playoff games in 46 years.

I feel tons of pressure for this game. I would imagine Dalton is feeling 100 times that. We have seen him play great, and then of course horrfic. The Bengals slowed the Colts down for a few drives, but could not do anything. Having Hill back there will be huge, and of course AJ. The thing I hate about having a premier WR is that most teams that have one always seem to force them the ball. It seems completely logical that Sanu would have plenty of opportunities. The secondary has been a strength all year, and they cannot run. Just win this game, and it changes the outlook of everything going forward. A loss, and I'm pretty down. This season has sucked because as soon as the Charger game ended last year. I knew no matter what. The only question would be, "yeah but will Dalton win in the playoffs?" - I sure miss Geno Atkins. I'll have grey hair by Sunday.

Marvin seemed to think AJ will be ready to go Sunday, but if not I really hope they focus on Sanu more than Gresham.

Every time they focus on Gresham, they fall short. I saw something that thought maybe his decline had to do with him dropping passes and after looking, he has 9 drops on the season which tied for 3rd in the league for most drops. So there may be some truth in that, but obviously I don't know for sure. I just know when he was the focus with AJ out, him and Andy were making good.

I still am not stressed about this game at all. I'm excited because I feel they are going to win.

This is not the same team that lost to them 27-0 and the Colts are going to look past them.

Bengals- 31

Colts- 17