Pro Bowl Selections

JaxonFord

Green could finish the season without a 1000 yards Ffs! Pleased for him but it just goes to show it's just a popularity/who the casual voters have heard of contest! Glad huber got in and agree that whit and Adam Jones should be there :(

don't look for much logic in the selections, as Jon45 says this is more a popularity contest rather than anything, and the popular (most widely known) name on the Bengals roster is AJ Green

well done for all those who were selected

Once upon a time, I really enjoyed the pro bowl. Now I would rather watch the www.whogivesacrap.com bowl featuring Mother Mary of the Blind vs. THE Fargo Academy of Tree Planting Sciences. I always liked the AFC vs the NFC aspect of things.

AJ Green, regardless of how much I love him being in stripes, was not a pro bowl player this year.

Whitworth should have been one of the easier selections and he was left off.

Adam Jones should have been there as well and you could even make an argument for Iloka.

Huber ?? Another easy selection when looking at his season to this point.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. It's a novelty item anymore. It's not competitive, guys are not in playing shape. Players from teams deep in the playoffs are fatigued. It's just a boring exhibition of all the things that are ugly in the NFL, the mugging, trash-talk, posturing and crap.

It would be more interesting if they did it as a 7v7 game. Or maybe an "all-rookies" game. Or an "all Practice Squad" game.... The Talent of Tomorrow Bowl.

I agree. It's a novelty item anymore. It's not competitive, guys are not in playing shape. Players from teams deep in the playoffs are fatigued. It's just a boring exhibition of all the things that are ugly in the NFL, the mugging, trash-talk, posturing and crap.

It would be more interesting if they did it as a 7v7 game. Or maybe an "all-rookies" game. Or an "all Practice Squad" game.... The Talent of Tomorrow Bowl.

that would be interesting, you know they would be playing hard.

I would just go ahead and admit the obvious and make it a flag football game. Have it be the highlight of "Battle of the Network Stars" type of show. They can have a Madden tourney, see who can throw the most balls into a barrel 75 yards downfield, have the Discount Doublecheck Tank Pull and the Papa John's Pizza Eating Contest, etc. Just an afternoon of highly competitive guys doing stupid and funny stuff. I'd watch that.

ETA: of course this would be hosted by Rob Lowe. All 247 of him.

old news, you guys keep on saying pro bowl is a joke yearly, are you tired of saying this shit yet? here i am with my yearly comment, pro bowl is design for players to have fun. not for it to be taken seriously. if fan cant understand then you have no business watch this game and let people like me who understand this very simple concept enjoy watch this game.

speak of Atkins, I agree, but he is going no matter what we say.

I don't watch it and I'm no going to watch it! It's a joke. I agree the QB challenge was great to watch. The old way they used to do it was a heck of a lot better than what they are doing now. First off, it was established for the best of the best to play! That is no longer the case! Those players who are selected and play in the Super Bowl don't get a chance to play in it any more; that's just wrong. Then they pick other players who don't deserve to be there to play! I'd rather it go back to what it was, played after the Super Bowl so the best of the best can play against each other! Also, throw in the QB/kicking challenge!

old news, you guys keep on saying pro bowl is a joke yearly, are you tired of saying this shit yet? here i am with my yearly comment, pro bowl is design for players to have fun. not for it to be taken seriously. if fan cant understand then you have no business watch this game and let people like me who understand this very simple concept enjoy watch this game.

speak of Atkins, I agree, but he is going no matter what we say.

With such startling insight and wisdom, I think I can speak for all of us in sayng we're just lucky you've blessed us with you annual comment on the subject. Thanks so much.

Oh, this will go down well in Bengaldom... :rolleyes:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE; TUES., JAN. 20, 2015

FROM CINCINNATI BENGALS PUBLIC RELATIONS

SELECTION OF QB ANDY DALTON GIVES BENGALS FOUR IN PRO BOWL

Bengals QB Andy Dalton has been named to a roster spot for the Pro Bowl, the NFL announced today. It’s the second Pro Bowl for Dalton, who also was named for the 2011 season. Dalton was a seventh alternate in this past December’s Pro Bowl voting, and for this year’s game he replaces Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers, who is unable to participate due to an injury.

The addition of Dalton gives the Bengals four players in the Pro Bowl. WR A.J. Green and P Kevin Huber were voted in directly, and DT Geno Atkins has been added as an alternate. The game will be played this Sunday at 8 p.m. at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz., and it will be televised nationally by ESPN.

Dalton and the other Bengals will be assigned to teams tomorrow night, during the Pro Bowl Draft show at 8 p.m. on NFL Network. The teams will be known as Team Carter and Team Irvin, after Hall of Fame wide receivers Cris Carter and Michael Irvin, who will serve as alumni team captains and head the draft selection process for each of their squads.

Dalton, a fourth-year player in 2014, led the Bengals to a fourth straight playoff appearance and a third straight season with double-digit victories. He joined Baltimore’s Joe Flacco as the only starting QBs in the Super Bowl era to lead a team to postseason in each of his first four pro campaigns. The Bengals are one of only four NFL teams to reach postseason each of the last four years.

The Bengals under Dalton had three fourth-quarter comeback victories in 2014, two against Baltimore and one vs. Denver. He also directed the team to a lead from a fourth-quarter deficit vs. Carolina, but that game ended in a tie. Dalton posted a career-best completion percentage on the season, at 64.1 percent, and passed for 3398 yards, 19 TDs and 17 INTs.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Selection-of-QB-Andy-Dalton-Gives-Bengals-Four-in-Pro-Bowl/d65088b0-09fa-473a-b31c-977db1d82ab5

LOL LOL this is way to funny I can't stop laughing!! Poor Whit can't imagine how he feels.

Please just please end this pro bowl crap, it's one of the worst things I have ever seen!

He was the 7th alternate QB, way to go!! I also saw where Matt Ryan is in the pro bowl, I think this just says enough! Sorry but nothing really exciting about this pro bowl

My guess is that Whit is thinking something like:

"Man, I'm glad I don't have to fly to Arizona to play a meaningless game this weekend."

At least in the past you got a Hawaiian vacay out of the deal. Now you get a trip to a fking desert retirement community.

Andy Dalton in the pro bowl after the season he had ??

I've got nothing. If that's not an indicator of what's gone wrong with the pro bowl, they'll never get it.

When do the captains pick their teams ??

I could see Dalton and the kicking tee retrieving guy left and it being a hard decision to make.

"Dalton or the guy that runs on the field to get the kicking tee ??? Hmmmmmmm."