Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

cincyhokie

Agree with you Stripes in that the Steelers offense presents some serious concerns for the Bengals defense.

We saw it in the 3rd quarter last night when Manning was seemingly on fire and rattled off 21 points.

The Steelers did the same thing in the first matchup and can only guess they will try to duplicate that same gameplan.

I think they need to attack Ben and the Steelers the same way they did against the Broncos last night.

That and run the ball. They ran the ball 21 times against the Steelers in the first game and threw it 35.

Stay committed to the run and keep Ben firmly planted on the bench.

I was watching a breakdown of the Bucs, of all teams, attacking Rothelisburger by going after his arm and not his body. Seeing that even if you have him wrapped up, he still completes his throws. Slow him down and they win.

Yeah, they were talking about that was part of the defensive gameplan. If you get to him, fine, but you don't have to get to him to hit his arm.

I saw the same thing and couldn't agree more. Everyone has seen Ben get wrapped only to complete a pass many times. Have to love that as a Steelers fan, but it's frustrating as well when sitting on the opposite side of it happening.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could always rip his arm off and beat him with it. I'd be amused at least.

The jam it firmly up his arse, soggy end first !!

a lil good news

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12070780/cincinnati-bengals-receiver-aj-green-suffers-bruised-right-biceps-says-x-rays-negative

Green said the tests were negative and that he didn't think the injury would keep him from next week's regular-season finale.

"If I can go, I'm going. No matter what it is," Green said. "We're playing for something big. We're playing for home-field advantage."

The Steelers are a matchup nightmare for our defense. Ben extends plays and Bell is extremely patient with great hands. Both of those skill sets have been huge problems for the Bengals all year. I fear that more than the prime time thing or even having to play on the road. It's going to be a difficult test in many facets.

I don't disagree, but if they can't beat them on the Big Stage for the last season game, I see no shot at beating them in Pittsburgh on an even bigger stage in the playoffs!

IMHO!

Basically, the winner of this game will take the AFCN and host a team yet to be determined.

The loser of this game will go on the road to face the Colts.

I want the Bengals to win obviously, but I can't say as I mind either of those scenarios.

They are in and I am happy.

I want a playoff win more than I care about this Sunday night.

I want the Bengals to win obviously, but I can't say as I mind either of those scenarios.

I think a win next week is pretty critical for their confidence more than anything. All you have to do is be hot going into the playoffs...

I think a win next week is pretty critical for their confidence more than anything. All you have to do is be hot going into the playoffs...

Exactly! Hey, opinions are like hindends, everybody has one, but until they can prove to themselves, then I believe they struggle regardless.

Where the heck have you been? Good to see you around

With Gio and Hill healthy, as well as Winston clicking so far, I think the run game will be the key to picking up a win in Pitt. Winston looked the part of a real Pro at RT, so I feel a little better about the O-line, especially with no sacks from Denver (not that Dalton took many 5 and 7 step drops...)

How they stop Bell will be the other, most critical factor. Vinny, Rey and Marquis held their own v the Broncos run game. And it might have been Taylor Mays' best game in stripes.

Keep Dre on the field, and get Dennard in on D, too. I cringe thinking about Hall getting smoked last game v them. Let's get our young gun r1 picks into the mix on more than on ST.

Agree about it helping with confidence, but don't agree that it's a definitive for determining future success.

The Bengals have been both hot and cold entering the playoffs and the result has been the same. One and done.

I think it has more to do with proper execution of a good game plan against whatever team at that point in time.

This team has had TEAM meltdowns in their playoff appearances, not just Dalton meltdowns. He's part of it, not the only part.

Nice to see you around brother.

I want to see some more of that read option we saw last night as well.

Dalton made some really good reads to pick up chunks in the running game.

That becomes more of a threat when you have a solid running game as we do.

Focus on Hill or Gio all you want and then BAM, Dalton takes off for 8-10 yards.

Anything to keep the defense on their toes.

With Gio and Hill healthy, as well as Winston clicking so far, I think the run game will be the key to picking up a win in Pitt. Winston looked the part of a real Pro at RT, so I feel a little better about the O-line, especially with no sacks from Denver (not that Dalton took many 5 and 7 step drops...)

How they stop Bell will be the other, most critical factor. Vinny, Rey and Marquis held their own v the Broncos run game. And it might have been Taylor Mays' best game in stripes.

Keep Dre on the field, and get Dennard in on D, too. I cringe thinking about Hall getting smoked last game v them. Let's get our young gun r1 picks into the mix on more than on ST.

I think they should play with 6 DBs back there, with Denard playing as well. I'm hoping they use Taylor Mays as well I thought he did pretty when he got his shot

Skyline! You missed the party last night!

Ha! Had a bit of a party of my own. Hit a local pub. Fish and chips, some good drinks, good company, and a Bengals win. Pretty good night in my book!

Where the heck have you been? Good to see you around

Just got a bit fed up with all the negativity around here. It was bringing me down.

But even you jokers can't bring me down after last night's game. bengal.gif

They could always rip his arm off and beat him with it. I'd be amused at least.

The jam it firmly up his arse, soggy end first !!

Id have to say fingers first so you could then use the severed tendons to grasp his colon and rip it out with his own fist. Whoa, kind of dark for X-mas eve, LOL.

I was pleasantly surprised the Bengals beat the Broncos...whom I have hated ever since the Bronco fans beat us with a snowball to the football during a potential game winning field goal attempt back in the day...I don't watch Steeler games as I turn my back on Big Jen Rapelessburger (shouldn't be in football). Same as I did with Ray the Blade Lewis and Baltimore. This Cincy team has the talent to beat anybody at anytime...just hope they bring their A game and not their F game

I was pleasantly surprised the Bengals beat the Broncos...whom I have hated ever since the Bronco fans beat us with a snowball to the football during a potential game winning field goal attempt back in the day...I don't watch Steeler games as I turn my back on Big Jen Rapelessburger (shouldn't be in football). Same as I did with Ray the Blade Lewis and Baltimore. This Cincy team has the talent to beat anybody at anytime...just hope they bring their A game and not their F game

I can tolerate Lewis a whole better as an announcer opposed to a player. He was the only talking head who picked the Bengals to win Monday night.

Dalton suffering from the flu apparently and was sent home.

AJ saying his arm feels better but says, "We'll see" when asked about playing.

Welcome to life with kids. My family is always sick!

The flu again, he just had that a couple weeks ago, man he should really get that flu shot lol lol

If Dalton has the flu, that's a big deal. That can kick your ass for a week at least. Fever, hard to breathe, lack of energy, coughing, etc. Then Lewis went on to say that "alot of us have it". I hope he meant "colds" because the H1N1 and H1N2, etc. are brutal.

If Dalton has the flu, that's a big deal. That can kick your ass for a week at least. Fever, hard to breathe, lack of energy, coughing, etc. Then Lewis went on to say that "alot of us have it". I hope he meant "colds" because the H1N1 and H1N2, etc. are brutal.

He played with it during that TB game, that's crazy.

Could be what T. Newman had on Monday night, I heard he was sick

He played with it during that TB game, that's crazy.

Could be what T. Newman had on Monday night, I heard he was sick

That's technically not the "flu". It's a stomach virus. I doubt he'd get it AGAIN in a period of 4 weeks. Unless he got some type of food poisoning. Or unless he has the immune system of a 2 year old.

Whatever it is, the team needs to make sure they are rested enough to execute on Sunday.