Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

cincyhokie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess what better way to get over there stage fright then playing 2 prime times games in a row. If they can't win one of them, then I guess they don't deserve the playoffs. Just end this stupid afraid of the dark crap and win!

I love it too!

The only way out is through.

The universe has said it's time to put up or shut up.

Nancy panting around for Bengal Nation is OVER!!!

Win or lose, this is just what they need!

I mentioned this happening a couple of weeks ago and if nothing else, I'd like to see how they justify keeping Marvin if they lose both and miss the playoffs. It certainly forces the issue with this team and I like that. However, they could lose both and either a Ravens or Chargers loss would still see the Bengals making the playoffs. While I want to see them in it and think that's all that matters, that's how Marvin sticks around.

OK , it is what it is. Every Bengal's game this season from now til they either win the Superbowl or get knocked out of the play-offs is a Prime Time affair.

Roll up yer sleeves and go to work boys !

WHO DEY

Changed the title to the pre-game talk and we can now focus on the Steelers game Sunday night.

I'm really hopeful for what we will see from this team against the Steelers in a game that i'm sure will have extra meaning for them in wanting to get payback for the first meeting. The secondary play will have to keep up, because they blew it in the 2nd half in the first meeting. Oh yeah, KEEP RUNNING THE BALL.

Really want to see another AFCN crown and a home playoff game.

Changed the title to the pre-game talk and we can now focus on the Steelers game Sunday night.

I'm really hopeful for what we will see from this team against the Steelers in a game that i'm sure will have extra meaning for them in wanting to get payback for the first meeting. The secondary play will have to keep up, because they blew it in the 2nd half in the first meeting. Oh yeah, KEEP RUNNING THE BALL.

I just realized something Army.

If the Bengals win next week against the sex offender and his thugs, and if Nugent had made that Panther FG, your 12-4 predictions would have been perfecto and that's without Burfict, Eifert, and Jones!

I just realized something Army.

If the Bengals win next week against the sex offender and his thugs, and if Nugent had made that Panther FG, your 12-4 predictions would have been perfecto and that's without Burfict, Eifert, and Jones!

This team simply has a ton of talent. While they have had to suffer through some big injuries and it's taken some time for the backups to get their bearing, here they sit headed to the playoffs yet again and a game away from another AFCN crown. Don't get me wrong, I want to see more than just that, but it can't be dismissed either.

Yep, no Jones, Eifert, Burfict, and a bunch of others that have missed significant time. Hard to complain about what we've seen to this point.

What am I saying, there's always something to complain about...

My bottom line for this game:

Sunday's game is HUGE!!!!!!

This can be the second half of last night's statement.

They win Sunday, they win on the Big Stage, not just back to back, but also in an away game, which they have a horrible record of, I believe, 7-39?

Also, if they win Sunday, a division title, AND a playoff game at home.

They lose Sunday, they lose the division and play away. Not much hope for the away Big Stage games.

They won in Pittsburgh in primetime at the start of last year and people forget that.

I still don't buy any of the big game talk you hear from the talking heads. I think they give a boost of confidence, but I don't think they are a true indicator of what the team will do moving forward. Some think that last night's game will lead to big things. Some think it doesn't make a sh*t bit of difference.

Honestly, they could just as easily win or lose Sunday night and do just the opposite in game one of the playoffs.

You need not look any further than this season. Some really dumb losses and some nice wins.

It's been an up and down season for every team in the league for sure.

They won in Pittsburgh in primetime at the start of last year and people forget that.

I still don't buy any of the big game talk you hear from the talking heads. I think they give a boost of confidence, but I don't think they are a true indicator of what the team will do moving forward. Some think that last night's game will lead to big things. Some think it doesn't make a sh*t bit of difference.

Honestly, they could just as easily win or lose Sunday night and do just the opposite in game one of the playoffs.

You need not look any further than this season. Some really dumb losses and some nice wins.

It's been an up and down season for every team in the league for sure.

they played Pittsburgh twice last year in prime time. The first time the game they won was at home. The second game that they lost was that Pittsburgh when you forgot his jaw broken.

the game you're thinking about army was 2012 it wasn't prime time it was the game that Brown hit the field goal in Pittsburgh to give them playoff spot.

Possibly.

If they had lost last night and then turned around and beat the Steelers this coming Sunday, would you feel they couldn't win a playoff game ??

I mean they would have went on the road, against a division rival, in a primetime game, with everything on the line.

If they win in that scenario, they still wouldn't be able to win in the playoffs since they lost to the Broncos ??

Not sure I can buy into that thought process.

The Steelers are a matchup nightmare for our defense. Ben extends plays and Bell is extremely patient with great hands. Both of those skill sets have been huge problems for the Bengals all year. I fear that more than the prime time thing or even having to play on the road. It's going to be a difficult test in many facets.

Agree with you Stripes in that the Steelers offense presents some serious concerns for the Bengals defense.

We saw it in the 3rd quarter last night when Manning was seemingly on fire and rattled off 21 points.

The Steelers did the same thing in the first matchup and can only guess they will try to duplicate that same gameplan.

I think they need to attack Ben and the Steelers the same way they did against the Broncos last night.

That and run the ball. They ran the ball 21 times against the Steelers in the first game and threw it 35.

Stay committed to the run and keep Ben firmly planted on the bench.

Agree with you Stripes in that the Steelers offense presents some serious concerns for the Bengals defense.

We saw it in the 3rd quarter last night when Manning was seemingly on fire and rattled off 21 points.

The Steelers did the same thing in the first matchup and can only guess they will try to duplicate that same gameplan.

I think they need to attack Ben and the Steelers the same way they did against the Broncos last night.

That and run the ball. They ran the ball 21 times against the Steelers in the first game and threw it 35.

Stay committed to the run and keep Ben firmly planted on the bench.

I was watching a breakdown of the Bucs, of all teams, attacking Rothelisburger by going after his arm and not his body. Seeing that even if you have him wrapped up, he still completes his throws. Slow him down and they win.