With The Talent They Have.....

gregcook68

Well, in thinking that they have lost their #2 WR, their #2 TE, and their pro-bowl OLB, I would think we wouldn't be having the conversation of needing to win one of these last two to make the playoffs let alone win the AFCN crown. I think those three made a huge impact on the season, but I also think it's a tribute to the rest of the team to lose those types of players and still be sitting atop the division at this point in the season.

Well, in thinking that they have lost their #2 WR, their #2 TE, and their pro-bowl OLB, I would think we wouldn't be having the conversation of needing to win one of these last two to make the playoffs let alone win the AFCN crown. I think those three made a huge impact on the season, but I also think it's a tribute to the rest of the team to lose those types of players and still be sitting atop the division at this point in the season.

Agreed. My point is, how many other teams lost 3 major players this year in the first few weeks in the season?

The Falcons did in 2013 and wentfrom 13-3 to 4-12 and still haven't recovered.

Every team, every year, will have at least one significant starter or star of some sort have a major injury. One of those happens in training camp/preseason, and it happens every single year. It's something you have to be prepared for at every position. The Bengals' really aren't at a few, it's hurt them. (the drop-off in talent at a few positions are alarming, it's why they had to pick-up a Winston when Smith went down)

The biggest reason they have the record they do is that they've played the southern divisions this year, which are historically awful. They've been dominated or beaten soundly by every playoff-caliber team they've faced, outside of the Ravens, who do not control their own destiny.

If they win Monday night (doubting it) then they make a statement, but I've yet to see that capability this year against top 5 teams.

Every team, every year, will have at least one significant starter or star of some sort have a major injury. One of those happens in training camp/preseason, and it happens every single year. It's something you have to be prepared for at every position. The Bengals' really aren't at a few, it's hurt them. (the drop-off in talent at a few positions are alarming, it's why they had to pick-up a Winston when Smith went down)

The biggest reason they have the record they do is that they've played the southern divisions this year, which are historically awful. They've been dominated or beaten soundly by every playoff-caliber team they've faced, outside of the Ravens, who do not control their own destiny.

If they win Monday night (doubting it) then they make a statement, but I've yet to see that capability this year against top 5 teams.

No, they haven't been that great against the better teams this season and i'm hopeful that can change Monday night.

The Ravens are still sitting in the 6th seed and they do control their own destiny. Wins this week and next and they are in.

The Saints are an odd team this year. They seem to have the talent, but haven't put it together on a consistent basis. That division is terrible.

Not sure if you read ALL threads, but this BIG STAGE fright this team has had, they've had since their first game 1968!

That isn't part of the Dalton problem.

I don't care which players they draft or trade for, until they can overcome their big stage fright, playoff wins are not in their future because playoff games are played on the biggest stage of all.

They've won 5 out of 17 playoff games since 1968, all 5 wins were at home.

As far as injuries, it seems like they've suffered an injury curse since Greg Cook, appropriately named 'The Greg Cook Curse'.

Since 1968 ?? While I understand the thought, this team has been to two Super Bowls.

I wish they would have won them (or at least one), but there has been some success.

There was a time around these parts where thinking about making the post season 4 consecutive seasons was incomprehensible.

Agreed! Just stating facts. Five playoff wins in 46 years, all home games versus, Jaguars who also have 5 playoff wins in 19 years! Ouch!