Broncos @ Bengals Pre-Game Chat

ArmyBengal

So here we are with two weeks left in the season and the Bengals facing another primetime game this coming Monday night.

The Broncos and Peyton Manning don't exactly set them up to remove that primetime black cloud, but it is what it is.

Denver is 4-3 on the road this year and they haven't been playing the best as of lately. They have a new found running game and Peyton was sick in yesterdays game. It will be interesting to see what the game plan is going to be heading into this game. I will say that I like the direction the team took yesterday in pounding the hell out of the ball. Dalton only threw the ball 24 times yesterday and Hill went crazy.

That's easier to do when playing with the lead and I can't say that is a given against the Broncos, but they can't abandon the run.

I don't know what the status of Gresham is, but I really liked the play of Hewitt yesterday.

If the defense can have another solid outing and get some pressure on Manning, they could pull this one out.

They need one of the last two if they want to make the playoffs and both if they want the AFCN crown.

Of course, that is assuming both the Steelers and Ravens win next week.

I've got my tickets already and am looking forward to the game. I hope the crowd stays loud all game long !!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need one of the last two if they want to make the playoffs and both if they want the AFCN crown.

Baltimore travel to Houston, Cleveland travel to Carolina, Pittsburgh entertain Kansas City

The Texans had to bring back Case Keenum from the street due to Fitzpatrick breaking his leg and Savage hurting his knee yesterday.

I don't think the Ravens will have much of a concern down in Houston.

I don't care anything about what Cleveland has left or does in those games.

Pittsburgh could have a fight on their hands with KC though. While they are playing at home, the Steelers will be facing a Chiefs team that is right outside the playoff race currently at #7 and will be ready to go. The Steelers had best be prepared and I would love to see a loss for them.

This game against the Broncos is certainly concerning for the Bengals though. They are certainly one of the best teams in the league right now and have the weapons to makes things very difficult on a defense. With the talk about how the Bengals didn't really bring the blitz yesterday against Manziel and things worked out, i'm left to wonder what they bring against Manning. You don't have to worry all that much about him runnning and pressuring him is the best approach from what i've seen.

The Broncos (or at least Knighton) seem to be really focused on New England. Case of looking to far ahead come Monday ??

“It doesn’t matter what happens. At the end of the year, we’re hoisting that trophy,” Knighton said. “I don’t care if New England doesn’t lose again. I don’t care where we have to play. I don’t care who our opponent is. We’re not going to be satisfied until we hoist that trophy. So if we’ve got to go to New England [in the playoffs] and win somewhere we’re not used to winning, we’re going to make it happen.”

Also, it looks like the Denver linebacking corps has taken some hits recently are will be shuffling things around for the upcoming game.

Danny Trevathan’s hard luck season continued on Sunday when he suffered a dislocated patella in his left knee. It’s the third injury that Trevathan has suffered to that knee this season and his season is likely over although the Broncos haven’t placed him on injured reserve yet.

They’ll also be without Brandon Marshall for the near future after the linebacker sprained his foot during the victory over the Chargers. Marshall has 113 tackles, two sacks, an interception and a forced fumble this season, so the Broncos will have a fair amount of production to replace.

With Nate Irving already on injured reserve, their options to do it are running low. Recent addition Todd Davis saw a fair amount of time on Sunday and joins Steven Johnson, Lamin Barrow, Lerentee McCray and Corey Nelson as options along with Von Miller. Marshall is being referred to as “day-to-day” but he’ll likely miss at least one game.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/broncos-banged-up-at-linebacker/

The Bengals winning percentage when running the ball more is staggering.

This has to be the focus and I think the Broncos having some challenges with their linebacking corps will assist in us being able to execute.

Look at the Broncos losses this season. The opposing team has won the time of possession battle and kept Manning off the field.

So here we are with two weeks left in the season and the Bengals facing another primetime game this coming Monday night.

The Broncos and Peyton Manning don't exactly set them up to remove that primetime black cloud, but it is what it is.

Denver is 4-3 on the road this year and they haven't been playing the best as of lately. They have a new found running game and Peyton was sick in yesterdays game. It will be interesting to see what the game plan is going to be heading into this game. I will say that I like the direction the team took yesterday in pounding the hell out of the ball. Dalton only threw the ball 24 times yesterday and Hill went crazy.

That's easier to do when playing with the lead and I can't say that is a given against the Broncos, but they can't abandon the run.

I don't know what the status of Gresham is, but I really liked the play of Hewitt yesterday.

If the defense can have another solid outing and get some pressure on Manning, they could pull this one out.

I've got my tickets already and am looking forward to the game. I hope the crowd stays loud all game long !!!

Another apparent bright spot on offense yesterday was the OT Winston. Marvin liked his play, and he might be just what the doctor ordered for the next 2 games and beyond!

So according to PFT, the Bengals can clinch a playoff spot with a win Monday.

EDIT: ESPN saying the same thing.

CINCINNATI BENGALS (vs. Denver)

Cincinnati clinches the AFC North with a win, a Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss.

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with a win or losses by the Chiefs, Chargers and Bills.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/16/week-16-playoff-scenarios/

Cincinnati clinches the AFC North with a win, a Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss.

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with a win or losses by the Chiefs, Chargers and Bills.

Despite all of these playoff scenarios, I really think Monday night is a HUGE game with much significance, and everything is riding on that game. Why?

They HAVE to be able to go out there, under the lights, at home, primetime, and win! I don't think playoff wins will ever come, until they can get the primetime monkey off their backs! If they lay an egg Monday night, I don't really think it matters if they make the playoffs or not.

HOWEVER....if they can win, get the monkey of their backs against Denver..............it will be 2 victories in a row, huge confidence for Pittsburgh and beyond. Seriously....if they win Monday night, the sky is the limit, because their confidence will be at a level, that it's never been before!

I think the confidence boost would be a great thing, but this team has had a problem when they think they've accomplished something before they actually have. I think it was Hoosier that said they had a case of the "arrives", but I could be wrong.

Anyone else headed down for the game ?? My son, wife, and I will be bundled up and yelling loudly !!!

If we are concerned that our Bengals may end up 9-6-1, then arguably the most important thing is that both the Chiefs and Chargers lose this weekend. This is because they play each other in the final week, and if they both lose this week then it doesn't matter the outcome in the final week. Add to this that the Bills play the Pats in the final week, and the Pats may be playing for home field advantage. If they aren't playing for home field advantage then it is likely because the Bengals beat the Broncos ... in which case we are sitting good anyway. I guess on some level it is good that we can see great benefit whether the Chiefs beat the Steelers or the Steelers beat the Chiefs.

Take care of things yourself and don't worry about it. That would work for me !!! thumbsup3.gif

Exactly. Lets take care of our own business - then it doesn't matter who else does what where when or how.

I always disliked the thought of hoping another team does this or another team does that.

I would simply prefer the Bengals kick the crap out of the Broncos Monday and not worry about it.

Take care of things yourself and don't worry about it. That would work for me !!! :sure:/>

Ha ... me too! But in this case, we are left with sitting and watching on Sunday while our team isn't playing. I can't bring myself to have the necessary rooting interest in the Chiefs/Steelers game, so I will be looking at the Niners to hold off the Chargers, and maybe even an upset by the Raiders to take down the Bills just to make it easier too. Then bring on Monday Night!

I think the confidence boost would be a great thing, but this team has had a problem when they think they've accomplished something before they actually have. I think it was Hoosier that said they had a case of the "arrives", but I could be wrong.

Anyone else headed down for the game ?? My son, wife, and I will be bundled up and yelling loudly !!!

AFTER

Winning Monday will be accomplishing something AFTER the fact. I don't think they'll ever accomplish anything until the primetime monkey is dealt with. Primetime season games, are nowhere near the intensity of primetime playoff games.

Hill is named AFC offensive player of the week.

http://profootballta...er-of-the-week/

He deserved that. Lets hope he can crack 1000 yds on the season with 123 or more on Monday night thumbsup3.gif

Odd, I went in search of info on Broncos forums and found nothing.

No one seems to be talking about the Bengals and the Monday night game.

It's Wednesday and you would think you could find some thoughts from the opposition, but there's nothing.

With Knighton talking about how they are going to beat the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl as well, i'm hoping they make the mistake of overlooking the Bengals. They have dominated the Bengals for the most part when looking at their head to head record and Manning has never lost to the Bengals.

Here's to hoping the Bengals come out fired up and take it to them.

Odd, I went in search of info on Broncos forums and found nothing.

No one seems to be talking about the Bengals and the Monday night game.

It's Wednesday and you would think you could find some thoughts from the opposition, but there's nothing.

With Knighton talking about how they are going to beat the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl as well, i'm hoping they make the mistake of overlooking the Bengals. They have dominated the Bengals for the most part when looking at their head to head record and Manning has never lost to the Bengals.

Here's to hoping the Bengals come out fired up and take it to them.

I doubt this game matters to the fans. They probably have it chaulked up as a win.

Should be a funny show as Manning gets closer to the end. Good chance he retires sooner than later, like 2015.

Then the Broncos noise will go away for quite a few years.

Heck, even in the PFT article about Talib winning the weekly award, you get this:

Talib, along with linebacker DeMarcus Ware and safety T.J. Ward, joined the team in March, with the goal of helping the Broncos get back to February and to win it this time around. To make that happen, Talib and company will have to beat his most recent former team, the Patriots.

They may or may not have to face the Patriots at some point in the playoffs, but they have the Bengals Monday night.

I might be overthinking this a bit, but it seems odd to me.

They are ready to hand the Broncos the Lombardi right now it would appear.