Broncos @ Bengals Pre-Game Chat

ArmyBengal

Heck, even in the PFT article about Talib winning the weekly award, you get this:

Talib, along with linebacker DeMarcus Ware and safety T.J. Ward, joined the team in March, with the goal of helping the Broncos get back to February — and to win it this time around. To make that happen, Talib and company will have to beat his most recent former team, the Patriots.

They may or may not have to face the Patriots at some point in the playoffs, but they have the Bengals Monday night.

I might be overthinking this a bit, but it seems odd to me.

They are ready to hand the Broncos the Lombardi right now it would appear.

I'd love nothing more than a scenario where the Bengals go into Mile High and crush some hopes and dreams.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

1. Peyton Manning is the one QB that the Bengals have never beaten.

2. Even though the Bengals have a franchise winning 'home' primetime record, the primetime games are the one monkey left on the backs of this franchise.

3. All playoff games are played 'primetime' and are even more 'primetime intense' than regular season primetime games.

So.............IF the Bengals can't win Monday night, and get the monkey off their backs, if they go out there and lay their usual 'primetime egg', it won't matter if they make the playoffs or not because, psychologically, their season is over!

HOWEVER, IF they can beat Peyton under the primetime lights Monday night, the monkey will be removed and they can gain the confidence they need for Pittsburgh and the playoffs!

You heard it here first!!! Watch and see!!!

Why?

1. Peyton Manning is the one QB that the Bengals have never beaten.

2. Even though the Bengals have a franchise winning 'home' primetime record, the primetime games are the one monkey left on the backs of this franchise.

3. All playoff games are played 'primetime' and are even more 'primetime intense' than regular season primetime games.

So.............IF the Bengals can't win Monday night, and get the monkey off their backs, if they go out there and lay their usual 'primetime egg', it won't matter if they make the playoffs or not because, psychologically, their season is over!

HOWEVER, IF they can beat Peyton under the primetime lights Monday night, the monkey will be removed and they can gain the confidence they need for Pittsburgh and the playoffs!

You heard it here first!!! Watch and see!!!

If they lay an egg Monday, that's 3 primetime games this year, 2 at home, an egg laid in all 3!

I'd love nothing more than a scenario where the Bengals go into Mile High and crush some hopes and dreams.

Mondays game is in Cincy

Mondays game is in Cincy

I know. I was speaking hypothetically if the Bengals faced the Broncos in the playoffs. It'd be in Mile High and a Bengals win would prevent them from their "destiny matchup" with the Patriots.

Mondays game is in Cincy

I know. I was speaking hypothetically if the Bengals faced the Broncos in the playoffs. It'd be in Mile High and a Bengals win would prevent them from their "destiny matchup" with the Patriots.

thumbsup3.gif

By the way is Hoosier really gone or just taking a sabbatical? He was my favorite poster to read and the board will take a huge loss with him not on it.

I can't speak with certainty, but I think he's just taking a break.

Mark, get up to the 8th floor. The admin clerk brought in another 2 dozen donuts from Servati's. Feel free to grab a couple.

By the way is Hoosier really gone or just taking a sabbatical? He was my favorite poster to read and the board will take a huge loss with him not on it.

I can't speak with certainty, but I think he's just taking a break.

Mark, get up to the 8th floor. The admin clerk brought in another 2 dozen donuts from Servati's. Feel free to grab a couple.

On my way !!!

:excitedgroup:

I was just reading the SB Nation article by the BALCO Blue Bombers. They are assuming the Bengals will lose the next two games and the high possibility that the Pitt game could get flexed to Sunday night.

They were giving different scenarios of how the Bengals can still make the playoffs even IF they lose the last 2.

IF the Bengals lose the last 2 nationally televised games (primetime) and go 0-4 in nationally televised games, with that 'big stage game' monkey on their back, they will NEVER win a big stage nationally televised playoff game.....PERIOD!

IF the Bengals lose the last 2 nationally televised games (primetime) and go 0-4 in nationally televised games, with that 'big stage game' monkey on their back, they will NEVER win a big stage nationally televised playoff game.....PERIOD!

I don't necessarily disagree, but I have to say I'm surprised to hear this from you, '71. Sort of a deviation from your usual unconditional optimism. Could it be that you're letting the hard cases on this forum get to you a bit? ;)/>

They need to focus on it just being another game because, well, it is.

All of the games are important, each can affect the playoffs, and a wide right FG in overtime against a 5-8 team can ruin the whole thing.

They need a mental enema heading into Monday with regards to their prime time woes.

There doesn't seem to be too much going on with the team. I saw the AJ was out sick yesterday, but no one seems to think it bothers him come Monday.

I hate to say this, but there is something going into this game that just has me thinking they get the win.

There seems to be a calmness about the team right now that doesn't give the impression that they are stressing things.

Seriously, I don't recall heading into a game and hearing so little. Hope my thoughts are correct.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I have to say I'm surprised to hear this from you, '71. Sort of a deviation from your usual unconditional optimism. Could it be that you're letting the hard cases on this forum get to you a bit? ;)/>/>

I never ran or denied that the 'big stage' games has been the franchise monkey from day 1 Walrus.

Their record for 'home' nationally televised games still hovers a little better than 500, not including playoff games, which all 5 they have won have been at home. However the 'away' big stage games I believe HoosierCat said was 7-38, and that's not counting the 12 playoff games they've lost (5-12).

The have to get over the 'Big Stage Fright' during the season before playoff wins can be expected.

I just think it's funny that people think this is something exclusive to Dalton.

NO, he hasn't had much success at all when the bright lights come on, but that has been a problem with this team for quite some time.

I simply hope they change it this Monday and am thinking they do that in a close one at the end.

I'm going to predict the Bengals take a late lead, but didn't take enough time off the clock which results in putting the ball back in Manning's hand for one last chance. Everyone is freaking out thinking we are going to lose, but the defense hangs tough and gets the stop to end it.

Bengals-27

Broncos-24

I won't quite predict a victory, but I am a little optimistic that it can at least be competitive. Denver has been running the ball a lot more lately, and I actually hope they do that again against the Bengals. I trust our bad run defense in this matchup than I could ever trust any Bengals pass defense against Peyton Manning.