Broncos @ Bengals Pre-Game Chat

ArmyBengal

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

houston giving it upI fumble overturned) phew.. Cmon houston. Baltimores offense looks terrble. Flacco - look at that those stats. Thats manzeil like.

4-22 1 td, 3int 35 yards

But he's won a SB! Just like Eli Manning. They will never get critiqued like Dalton because of that.

Although Eli has already made the list of the worse QBs to win a SB, joining Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson, to name a few. I'm not so sure Flacco might make the list before he is done.

Oh, I don't agree that just because they lose tomorrow means they can't win a big game.

I think it's hurt their confidence, but nothing for certain.

Just get to the playoffs and go from there.

Once you are in, anything can happen regardless of your seeding.

The thing is ArmyBengal, if they lay an egg tomorrow, that's 3 big stage nationally televised games, which is what playoff games are, they lost this year, 2 of which were at home.

And through all of that, they are in first place and tomorrow is another day.

The Bengals have scenarios where they get into the playoffs even if they drop both of their last two.

I would rather them go into the playoffs strong, but I just don't think it matters much with this team.

Most people would simply expect another one and done even if they go in strong.

Many of those people are Bengals fans.

Just get in.

This from Cincy Jungle :

"The median record of the last five Super Bowl Champions was 10-6.

Their combined record for how they finished their seasons was 8-25."

I'll take the playoffs any way they come as long as they make it.

That's all well and good.

This team isn't an average playoff team or median Superbowl winner. They currently hold the longest streak in the NFL of not having won a playoff game. Since 1990. Their quarterback does a 180 every time the lights come on.

This team needs to rid itself of it's big game monkey on it's back before the playoffs start. Luckily they have 2 huge games to do so.

Just "getting in there" doesn't do it for me anymore.

This from Cincy Jungle :

"The median record of the last five Super Bowl Champions was 10-6.

Their combined record for how they finished their seasons was 8-25."

I'll take the playoffs any way they come as long as they make it.

This team isn't an average playoff team or median Superbowl winner. They currently hold the longest streak in the NFL of not having won a playoff game. Since 1990. Their quarterback does a 180 every time the lights come on.

This team needs to rid itself of it's big game monkey on it's back before the playoffs start. Luckily they have 2 huge games to do so.

Agreed. Not until they can get over the Big Stage fright!

If the Bengals lose tonight, they drop to the 5th seed in the AFC.

Next week, if they lose to the Steelers (losing both their last games) they still get in with either a Chargers or Ravens loss, which is possible.

If they win and the Colts lose, they jump to the 3rd seed.

If the Bengals win out and the Broncos meltdown against the Raiders, the Bengals get the 2nd seed and a bye.

I would imagine most people are betting on the Bengals blowing these last two and missing out on the playoffs all together.

My hopes ?? They don't worry about what the hell is going to happen with the Steelers and they focus on tonight and handle business.

If the Bengals lose tonight, they drop to the 5th seed in the AFC.

Next week, if they lose to the Steelers (losing both their last games) they still get in with either a Chargers or Ravens loss, which is possible.

If they win and the Colts lose, they jump to the 3rd seed.

If the Bengals win out and the Broncos meltdown against the Raiders, the Bengals get the 2nd seed and a bye.

I would imagine most people are betting on the Bengals blowing these last two and missing out on the playoffs all together.

My hopes ?? They don't worry about what the hell is going to happen with the Steelers and they focus on tonight and handle business.

Possibility of 2, 3, 5, or 6 seed ... or missing playoffs entirely. Crazy. Just win tonight. Just win.

Any thoughts to what wins the game for the Bengals tonight ??

No turnovers will be a must obviously, as will establishing the running game.

I'm curious if the Bengals focus on stopping the run with Manning still nursing a thigh injury and take their chances ??

Can they get any type of pressure without bringing the blitz ?? Manning is stellar when facing the blitz.

I'm simply hoping they don't try to get cute and over think this.

Something like, not running the ball because they will be expecting it and try to air it out with Dalton throwing the ball 50+ times.

Run the ball, set up some quick passes and keep Manning firmly planted on the bench as much as possible.

No turnovers will be a must obviously, as will establishing the running game.

I'm curious if the Bengals focus on stopping the run with Manning still nursing a thigh injury and take their chances ??

Can they get any type of pressure without bringing the blitz ?? Manning is stellar when facing the blitz.

I'm simply hoping they don't try to get cute and over think this.

Something like, not running the ball because they will be expecting it and try to air it out with Dalton throwing the ball 50+ times.

Run the ball, set up some quick passes and keep Manning firmly planted on the bench as much as possible.

That worries me every big game they try to get cute with there play calling. Pound the ball over and over, keep Peyton on the bench and keep the defense fresh!

Run the ball for sure.

If we take a lead in the game then the running game eats the clock. If we fall behind run the ball to limit Denvers opportunity to increase the lead - try and keep it close until into the 4th quarter then go air it out of you absolutely have no option but to go that way.

3rd downs are vital on both sides of the ball:

Denver O convert 44% , Bengals D allow 37%

Bengals O convert 41%, Denver D allows 38%

a slight edge to Denver, so the Cincy D needs to tighten up a wee bit and the Cincy O needs to keep rolling not stalling

Word. I just don't think these trends mean anything for the Bengals. We've really seen the Bengals make the playoffs every way they can, and the results have remained constant.

2005: End the endless drought, but lose two straight going in -- result LOSS

2009: Throw a game intentionally in week 17 to set up favorable opponent -- result LOSS

2011: Finish weakly, back in -- result LOSS

2012: Win 7 of last 8 games, one of the hottest teams in the NFL -- result LOSS

2013: One of the best statistical teams in Bengals history, finish season strong -- result LOSS

These things mean fuck all. Just get in and beat someone, I don't care how.

Exactly why I say people are still going to say we are one and done regardless of how we get into the playoffs (yes, it happens in my world).

I saw someone say even if we win both of these last two games, we don't have a chance in the playoffs.

I don't think it was on here. Anyway, that's just not even logical.

Beat the Broncos and Steelers, but they don't have a chance ??

I would really need an explanation on that one.

I just want to see a win tonight.

Get on top of them early and then keep feeding the running backs.

By the 4th quarter, they won't want to see Hill coming at them anymore.

I haven't heard anything about Gresham, but think Hewitt could be in line for another good game either way.

I'm with you Army! Rooting for the same thing! This is probably, with their history, one of the two biggest games they've had in a long time!

Make statements and get some momentum going into the playoffs!

Let's just take this effing game tonight!!!

Part of the problem is that the fans are so fragile at times (me included). Eff it.

Bring on the big games. Win or lose, it's not like we're going to jump ship now.

Exactly cincy. I'll admit, with their history, if things don't start out well, I get immediately skeptical, just like in Tampa when Dalton threw that pick the first play on offense. They have proven they can overcome, it's just on the Big Stage that they seem to fall apart when they get behind.

I'm tired of Shula and everyone else giving the 9-4-1 record to lack of teams they played.

Here are the Steeler losses this year:

Ravens 26-6

Bucs 27-24 @ Pittsburgh

Browns 31-10

Saints 35-32 @ Pittsburgh

Jets 20-13

Here are the Ravnes losses this year:

2 to the Bengals

Indy

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Houston