Broncos @ Bengals Pre-Game Chat

ArmyBengal

I just think it's funny that people think this is something exclusive to Dalton.

NO, he hasn't had much success at all when the bright lights come on, but that has been a problem with this team for quite some time.

I simply hope they change it this Monday and am thinking they do that in a close one at the end.

I'm going to predict the Bengals take a late lead, but didn't take enough time off the clock which results in putting the ball back in Manning's hand for one last chance. Everyone is freaking out thinking we are going to lose, but the defense hangs tough and gets the stop to end it.

Bengals-27

Broncos-24

I agree it's not all on Dalton at all, the whole team seems to forget to show up during big games. My hope is Dalton comes out on fire, and sparks the rest of the team to play some of there best football yet.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's funny that people think this is something exclusive to Dalton.

NO, he hasn't had much success at all when the bright lights come on, but that has been a problem with this team for quite some time.

I simply hope they change it this Monday and am thinking they do that in a close one at the end.

I'm going to predict the Bengals take a late lead, but didn't take enough time off the clock which results in putting the ball back in Manning's hand for one last chance. Everyone is freaking out thinking we are going to lose, but the defense hangs tough and gets the stop to end it.

Bengals-27

Broncos-24

I agree it's not all on Dalton at all, the whole team seems to forget to show up during big games. My hope is Dalton comes out on fire, and sparks the rest of the team to play some of there best football yet.

That should be the hope of every fan vol, but I have to admit, I feel kind of like the Red Sox fans before 2004. Always hoping, but waiting for the other shoe to drop! ;)

This game tonight with San Diego playing at San Fran is HUGE. If the Chargers lose, then virtually all the Bengals will need is a Steelers win against the Chiefs to lock up a playoff spot. Buffalo still has to beat NE in NE.

Go 49'ers.

Playoff spot would obviously be nice (can't win anything without it, and 20 teams out of 32 each year have no chance to win the SB), however, I just don't feel confident that they will win on the playoffs big stage, until they win on the season big stage starting Monday night!

There is a good chance the Pitt game will get flexed to Sunday night as well.

Win out and get some momentum going into the playoffs!! WHO DEY!!

This game tonight with San Diego playing at San Fran is HUGE. If the Chargers lose, then virtually all the Bengals will need is a Steelers win against the Chiefs to lock up a playoff spot. Buffalo still has to beat NE in NE.

Go 49'ers.

Playoff spot would obviously be nice (can't win anything without it, and 20 teams out of 32 each year have no chance to win the SB), however, I just don't feel confident that they will win on the playoffs big stage, until they win on the season big stage starting Monday night!

The Week 17 flex game will probably go to the Lions at the Packers. Two reasons. First, it's the Packers. Second. The NFL will want to announce the flex schedule game sooner than later. They won't want to wait until after Monday night's result.

Heck, there's not a far off chance that the Steelers are eliminated from the division after Monday night.

I called the 2nd Cleveland game pretty well, but that was different.

I haven't had "that" feeling for the Bengals in a big game this whole season, but there's just a different feel to this for some reason.

Maybe it's the odd quietness heading into Monday's game that I haven't seen this season at all. Who knows ??

I'm hopeful everyone is just chalking this up to a Broncos win, so they can move into the playoffs to face the Patriots, and then BAM, maybe even BOOM !!!

Bengals whip some ass and they head into Pittsburgh looking for payback for the first game like they did with Cleveland.

Everyone enjoy their weekend !!!

:cheers:

"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there."

I shall use that as my defence when my court case comes up laugh.gif

Hypothetical scenario .... Ravens and Steelers win, both teams go to 10-5, Bengals tie with Denver ...to go 9-4-2

Do the Bengals 2 x ties = 1 win or would placings be solely on wins ???

Hypothetical scenario .... Ravens and Steelers win, both teams go to 10-5, Bengals tie with Denver ...to go 9-4-2

Do the Bengals 2 x ties = 1 win or would placings be solely on wins ???

It would be winning percentage not wins, but I refuse to do the math to determine who would be ahead.

Call it the weekend or my loathing of math, I just refuse.

Go 49'ers.

The Week 17 flex game will probably go to the Lions at the Packers. Two reasons. First, it's the Packers. Second. The NFL will want to announce the flex schedule game sooner than later. They won't want to wait until after Monday night's result.

Heck, there's not a far off chance that the Steelers are eliminated from the division after Monday night.

That would be toooooo sweeeeeeet! WHO DEY!

Injury reports from the dot coms :-

Bengals:

OUT:

DOUBT: Lamur (LB), Wright (WR)

QUEST: McCarron (QB)

PROB: Dunlap (DE), Hunt (DE), Gresham (TE), Kirkpatrick (CB), Newman (CB), Outhouse (OT), Pollack (G), Tate (WR),

no status on AJ Green or Whitworth

Broncos:

OUT: Cornick (T), Marshall (LB)

DOUBT:

QUEST: Clady (T), Hilman (RB), Thompson (RB), Manning (QB), Sanders (WR), Webster (CB)

PROB: Anderson (RB), Clark (T), Latimer (WR), DeMarius Thomas (WR), Montgomery ©, Tamme (TE), Julius Thomas (TE)

Well the wife's Eagles bit the dust last night! Dallas would have to lose both of their last two games and the Eagles would have to win against the Giants next week!

Sooooo here's hoping that the Bengals can make a statement, and get over the big stage fright hump tomorrow night!

If there's any better time to do it, it would be tomorrow against the Broncos, without 3 of their major players (Burfict, Eifert, and Jones)!!!!

I really hate the 49er's. How do you rush for over 350 yards, be up by 3 TD's and lose the game ??

Thanks for nothing San Francisco !!!

Rooting for both the Chiefs and Texans today.

The Bengals would need absolute meltdowns by the Pats or Broncos to make it into one of the top two seeds.

Just win baby!

We both agree until they get over the big stage fright until ANYTHING else can happen beyond that! I truly believe it makes no difference what the other teams do.

Oh, I don't agree that just because they lose tomorrow means they can't win a big game.

I think it's hurt their confidence, but nothing for certain.

Just get to the playoffs and go from there.

Once you are in, anything can happen regardless of your seeding.

I agree with that to an extent. There have been some fluke teams make pushes in the playoffs in the past. The 1996 Jags, the 1994 Chargers, the 2008 Cardinals, the 2009 Jets. But for the most part, the best teams advance. I think in the Bengals' case, it's vital that they get at least one of these last 2 games to continue their momentum.

Oh, I don't agree that just because they lose tomorrow means they can't win a big game.

I think it's hurt their confidence, but nothing for certain.

Just get to the playoffs and go from there.

Once you are in, anything can happen regardless of your seeding.

The thing is ArmyBengal, if they lay an egg tomorrow, that's 3 big stage nationally televised games, which is what playoff games are, they lost this year, 2 of which were at home.