Bengals @ Browns Game Thread

ArmyBengal

Marvin Lewis giving another team bulletin board material is odd. This guy, on a couple of occasions this season, seems to have just let his mouth run with an editor. Is this how successful coaches approach a playoff run?

As far as beefs go, I am really tired of this no-information policy concerning injuries. Eifert dislocated his elbow. What else? Burfict had a mysterious surgical procedure on his knee. What else" In lieu of actual info, we get the HC mocking the other team's QB. I think I'm finally getting tired of Lewis' act.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin Lewis giving another team bulletin board material is odd. This guy, on a couple of occasions this season, seems to have just let his mouth run with an editor. Is this how successful coaches approach a playoff run?

As far as beefs go, I am really tired of this no-information policy concerning injuries. Eifert dislocated his elbow. What else? Burfict had a mysterious surgical procedure on his knee. What else" In lieu of actual info, we get the HC mocking the other team's QB. I think I'm finally getting tired of Lewis' act.

Welcome to the club.

No telling what this team will do these last three games...anything can happen with them. I have no confidence in the defense at all...has actually been pretty bad all year long even with Burfect in. I see Manziel making a name for himself against the Bengals...this team has a knack for making these guys look like future hall of famers. Time to start looking towards next year. I agree with you all that the two rook CBs need to get some starts....see what they can do.

Seriously though, after watching this NFL season unfold, I will be no more surprised if the Bengals lay 3 eggs, or win out.

That's just how unpredictable and wacky this season has been.

Out of 32 teams, 26 have lost, at least one game by 21 or more points.

The 6 teams that have NOT lost by 21 or more are:

Dolphins 19 points

Browns 18 points

Chiefs 16 points

Bills 15 points

Seahawks 9 points

Plus the Cardinals have been able to only lose 3 games with their 2nd and 3rd string QBs, playing most of the season. How? Their defense have given up an average of 18.3 points a game.

Burfict done for the season.

Marvin calling someone who is 6 feet tall a "midget".

Rookie QB starting in front of a crowd that is going to be going crazy.

What the heck is going on with this team? Coaches, players, everyone.

Just a very odd season all the way around.

I don't think the secondary is bad really. They have had a good season overall.

Them not getting ANY kind of pass rush is killing them.

Still hoping for the win this Sunday though. A loss really hurts.

Seriously though, after watching this NFL season unfold, I will be no more surprised if the Bengals lay 3 eggs, or win out.

Or sneak past the next two games only to drop the ball in Pittsburgh and possibly miss out on a wild card to Baltimore or Cleveland .....typical build 'em up to punch 'em straight in the nads bengals stylee

Like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up any more this season. We had the Steelers beat until Dalton fumbled the ball and then the entire team just gave up in the 4th quarter and decided not to even try. History has shown that e don't play well in big games - 3 playoff losses in a row, Thursday night blowouts... We've also shown that we never play well against a Rookie or 2nd string QB! That's what we have this week. We won't be able to cover Gordon!! So, don't count on anything good this coming Sunday. If we happen to win, then awesome, but not getting my hopes up. I'm not even sure I'll watch the game; y heart can't take that kind of abuse.

Or sneak past the next two games only to drop the ball in Pittsburgh and possibly miss out on a wild card to Baltimore or Cleveland .....typical build 'em up to punch 'em straight in the nads bengals stylee

I think that is possible. It could also be that they lose v Cleveland and Denver, then have a dead cat bounce and beat Pittsburgh and somehow squeak into the playoffs with the last wildcard.

At this point, I am surprised by nothing.

So sounds like Hue is not happy with the RB rotation, and sounds like we will see more Hill this week. I will be interested in seeing if this is the case, when Gio was hurt Hill did great getting most carries. Hill is a runner that the more carries he gets the better.

It's do or die time. They can't be concerned with egos and feelings. Personally, I'd like to see Gio on the field WITH Hill in the slot. Use Green and Sanu as wides, or just Green in the 2 TE situations. Maybe after reevaluation we will see it next year.

So sounds like Hue is not happy with the RB rotation, and sounds like we will see more Hill this week. I will be interested in seeing if this is the case, when Gio was hurt Hill did great getting most carries. Hill is a runner that the more carries he gets the better.

It's do or die time. They can't be concerned with egos and feelings. Personally, I'd like to see Gio on the field WITH Hill in the slot. Use Green and Sanu as wides, or just Green in the 2 TE situations. Maybe after reevaluation we will see it next year.

Why Hill in the slot. Did you mean Gio?

My bad king. Gio in the slot.

The Eagles have a similar situation with McCoy and Sproules. I watch all the Eagles games, since the wife is from PA, and Kelly never has both of them on the field at the same time either, so I don't know. Maybe they are seeing something we aren't?

I think it would be tough to cover Green, Sanu, Eifert, and Gio. One of them should be able to get separation.

So glad that our genius head coach called the opposing QB a midget, a week before the game. Brilliant.

So sick of Marvin.

That said, if the defense comes back to life in any way, they should win this one I think. Either way they have to win 2 of the next 3, and this is the most "winnable" of them.

I can't even fathom what the hell Marvin was thinking with that comment.

I mean "midget" ?? Really ?? What the hell.

Put aside the fact the term is offensive, he made the comment about a player that's 6 foot tall.

It's bad enough the Browns are starting a rookie QB and it looks like Manziel will have most the his offensive weapons available, but we have a coach that wants to make stupid ass comments like that. Oh and when he made them, Manziel wasn't even named the starter. Why make that comment?

I still think the Bengals surprise people by heading up to Cleveland and handling business, but a loss would surprise me little.

With how tight things are, they better win or they could end up in the basement when it's all said and done.

Things will really get rough should they end up in last place.

My bad king. Gio in the slot.

The Eagles have a similar situation with McCoy and Sproules. I watch all the Eagles games, since the wife is from PA, and Kelly never has both of them on the field at the same time either, so I don't know. Maybe they are seeing something we aren't?

I think it would be tough to cover Green, Sanu, Eifert, and Gio. One of them should be able to get separation.

Typically, a gameplan is built to provoke coverages/personnel and looks that the opponent shows on film in particular situation (1st down, 3rd and long, inside the 20, ahead or behind), and then exploit the match-up that gives the best chance to make a play, essentially a "pick-your-poison" approach.

We've seen the Bengals have success when they gameplan well. We also know that this team craps the bed when a good D is well prepared for them, too. Plenty of comments from opponents regarding "knowing what they were going to do" or the Bengals being predictable. I do like that Hue is trying new looks (some might call them gimmicks) but that's what you need to do to keep a D on their toes and find the mismatches.

The Cleveland D is no joke. They are very good. For this week, it comes down to the O-line, making holes for Hill and giving Gio rooms to make plays. Bengals lose this game if they can't run the ball, and are forced to go one-dimensional. Dalton can't handle it, and they do not have the true weapons to make enough mismatches with Hawk on the other sideline and Jones and Eifert out. Haden usually handles Green, so that's a wash. Essentially, Sanu, Gresham and Gio are the ones who need to have impact games.

It could be Hill gets him game rolling and the D plays in the style they did against Houston. That would be the best case scenario. Worst case scenario is they get humiliated, like the last time they played Cleveland.

Wide receiver James Wright (knee) didn’t work at Thursday morning’s practice, the fifth straight practice he’s missed since his career day In Tampa Nov. 30, and it looks like he’ll miss another game Sunday (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 19) in Cleveland. Also missing was cornerback Adam Jones (chest), but since he came in and out of last Sunday’s game, he may have a shot to work Friday.

Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (ribs) returned to practice as did left guard Mike Pollak (knee), but right end Margus Hunt didn’t. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth rested his knee Thursday and cornerback Terence Newman (ankle) was back on the field after being limited Wednesday.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Wright-out-again-Younger-Geathers-on-field-/4252cee7-1db7-4fae-a2f5-5166859f7245

Sounds like they are a little banged up this week. Could we see Kirkpatrick and Dennard play this week with Jones and Newman questionable.

Gresham also questionable, some people might not care, but will miss his run blocking skills.

They were so quick to change Newhouse which was good, but Bodine struggles to keep blocking on run downs, he just gets beat. He seems ok in the passing game, I like him but half to wonder about long term.