The onside kick.....

jonf45uk

I'm all for trick/gimmick plays (that involve sanu), but seriously, can we never see that one again! Having just taken the lead and with our defence holding the bucs offence quite comfortably, where the hell was the need to give them the ball on our own 31?!!!

On the flip side, kudos to whoever spotted the 12 men on the field at the end, I'm sure it wasn't Marvin, but a bloody good job he hadn't wasted our challenges this week and still had a spare timeout!!!

All in all a win is a win at the end of the day, just hope Andy gets over his sickness bug by next sunday!!!!

Agreed. Lewis tried to defend it by saying that they have the kick called if they get certain looks, but I can't remember them ever doing it before. I do however know that a couple of teams, the colts are one I think, have started doing those kicks more often and it's become one of the hot new little things. So I think marvin was just trying to be the football equivalent of hip and with-it and if it weren't for the crazy non-challenge challenge it would have cost them the game.

Not calling a time out there at the end of the half was almost as bad. You have three time outs and there's seconds left in the half -- use them! No, instead they rush the play and end up throwing a pick.

I thought that overall Lewis' game management had been better this season, but this game he regressed big time.

That kick was a real head scratcher for sure.

You have a QB that you know is sick and you take the chance of letting the opposing team get back in the game and put it on the shoulders of the sick QB.

If it had worked, I would have been happy, but would have thought the same thing.

The timing was just poor regardless of the look they got, which I think is crap as well.

It might happen, though I read on twitter that someone went back and looked at every punt and they were all like this. It may just be a case of Tampa having an incompetent person manning the clock. Given that deadspin had a story yesterday about how they use what's basically slave labor to sell peanuts in the stands there, it wouldn't surprise me.

It might happen, though I read on twitter that someone went back and looked at every punt and they were all like this. It may just be a case of Tampa having an incompetent person manning the clock. Given that deadspin had a story yesterday about how they use what's basically slave labor to sell peanuts in the stands there, it wouldn't surprise me.

The official clock is operated by the home team or an NFL referee official? I would hope the latter.