Steelers @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

With a game and a half lead on the division, I guess it's not a "must win", but I would hate like hell for anyone to think that way.

Back home after 3 on the road, against a hated rival, and a crowd that is going to be fired up.

A win here sends a statement and keeps them where they need to be.

I can't say as I have a feeling one way or another about this game, as a win or loss wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Andy needs to be taking his Flintstones all week long and they need to get as close to healthy as possible across the board.

Please tell me Burfict is back for this game. Please.

His presence would absolutely fire up the team and would help in not seeing Ben sitting in the pocket for 6 seconds picking us apart all day long.

I fully expect a loss here. Whether or not it's a must-win for Cincy, it's definitely a must-win now for Pittsburgh. A loss Sunday means they have to win out just to get to 10-6 and even that might not get them in depending on how tiebreakers shake out. So I expect the Steelers to come in and play with postseason-caliber urgency. The wild card for Pittsburgh is Roethlisberger. This year, when he has been on, he's been tremendous. When he's been off, like yesterday, he's been terrible. But I doubt we see two bad performances in a row from him.

My head says this ought to be yet another classic AFCN slugfest featuring Hill vs. Bell and LeBeau vs. Gunther. But my gut says the Bengals get blown out by three scores. Wild card for Cincy: Geno Atkins and the d-line. Against Tampa we finally saw something resembling the Geno, and thus the line, of the past two years. If that trendline continues, Ben may not have such an enjoyable day after all.

Ben hurt his throwing hand in the Saints game, though early word is that he will be fine.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/01/roethlisberger-is-confident-hand-will-be-fine/

I saw the play, he smacked the pinky side of his hand into the forearm/wrist of a defender as he was throwing the ball. For several plays afterwards he didn't attempt a throw and was constantly shaking and flexing the hand. He finally did throw again (for a first down conversion) maybe six or eight plays after he hit it. Hard to say if it had any impact on him as he was off all day.

Something to watch I suppose.

Ben hurt his throwing hand in the Saints game, though early word is that he will be fine.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/01/roethlisberger-is-confident-hand-will-be-fine/

I saw the play, he smacked the pinky side of his hand into the forearm/wrist of a defender as he was throwing the ball. For several plays afterwards he didn't attempt a throw and was constantly shaking and flexing the hand. He finally did throw again (for a first down conversion) maybe six or eight plays after he hit it. Hard to say if it had any impact on him as he was off all day.

Something to watch I suppose.

He's just getting himself motivated for the stretch run. Injuries help him.

Per Marvin, Peko is ok. Burfict still day to day, doesn't know if he will practice this week.

Keep Burfict out till he is 100%. Not any good reason to rush him.

If Peko is OK, then all the better.

This week may be the biggest game of the year. The Bengals HAVE to at least split with Pitt. Best to do it by starting with a win at home.

I can easily see this game as a loss, but with this team your never certain which one takes the field. Only this week Pitt is in the same situation. We could end up with both teams coming out not ready to play.

Another thought, this is huber's first game against Pitt since getting blown up on that punt last year. Hopefully it doesn't affect his punts.

Clarke is getting Hunt's snaps but that's only been 8-10 or so a game. Nothing wrong with a Robert as far as I know, he played 54% of defensive snaps Sunday.

Why are there a bunch of geriatrics singing on my teevee right now? :lol:/>

Lol man Bruce just sounds old now