Bengals @ Buccaneers Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still amazed at how the day turned. To play as bad as they did offensively, to coach as bad as lewis did, and to somehow pull it out AND have Browns, Ravens, and steelers all lose was one of the more fortunate turn of events in my rooting memory.

I forgot, although i'm sure it was mentioned in the thread somewhere, to give big kudos to James Wright.

Leads the team in receiving for the game and comes up with one of the biggest 3rd down catches of the season.

In regards to the challenge at the end of the game, I give Marvin credit for throwing the flag illegally and basically jumping in front of the refs at that point to get their attention. I don't know if it was someone upstairs yelling in his headset or not, but that was well done on his part. That being said, it was reported that the play was going to get reviewed regardless of Marvin's actions there. 12 men on the field is in fact reviewable and they got caught. If this had been Belichek, they would be all over his nuts about how aware of his surroundings he is and it's things like that that make him a championship coach.

To everyone who has something negative to say about it, I offer up a warm hearted, "F*CK YOU !!!".

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

Ain't that the truth.

Doesn't look like they get any help from KC tonight. Oh well, a KC loss still helps if they get mixed up in the wild card race.

If we are looking at a bye. The Bengals have it in their power to control that destiny.

I am just looking to get in playoffs first. Bengals are starting to get attention again. We all know what happens when the Bengals get attention.

On to Steelers - should be a fun week.

Should be a fun next 4 weeks. Big games in all weeks.

Still amazed at how the day turned. To play as bad as they did offensively, to coach as bad as lewis did, and to somehow pull it out AND have Browns, Ravens, and steelers all lose was one of the more fortunate turn of events in my rooting memory.

I hear ya. After all we've seen this movie before: everything the Bengals need to happen happens, but they bumble away the opportunity. And you could feel it coming yesterday. Fortunately, Tampa Bay refused to lose.

This was a whole new movie. I thought I had seen it before, but I hadn't. Caught me completely off-guard. Not just the win, but that twinned with the Ravens loss in particular coming after the Bengals pulled that out. First time Ravens have ever lost to a west coast team at home, apparently.

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

Ain't that the truth.

Doesn't look like they get any help from KC tonight. Oh well, a KC loss still helps if they get mixed up in the wild card race.

If we are looking at a bye. The Bengals have it in their power to control that destiny.

I am just looking to get in playoffs first. Bengals are starting to get attention again. We all know what happens when the Bengals get attention.

On to Steelers - should be a fun week.

Should be a fun next 4 weeks. Big games in all weeks.

Ironically, it might be better in some ways if they don't get the bye. A #2 seed would more than likely result in a home game against the Broncos. Who the Bengals would have beaten in week 16 to get the bye in the first place. I imagine it would be very difficult to beat the Broncos 2 times in 3 weeks.

I'd almost rather see them gain some playoff confidence by beating a team like KC, and then head to Denver. Call me crazy.

If you ever want to know why Ravens fans are whiny and feel entitled, look to the team's head coach.

That was a pathetic but typical display from harbaugh.

Didn't help that Fouts was the booth acting like it wasn't PI. I have no idea what he was looking at.

I understand taking up for your players and all, but that was pretty flagrant and to see it otherwise is just silly.

It is what it is. Had the Ravens stopped the Chargers at any other time in that drive, it wouldn't have been a concern.

Don't let that stand in the way of a good panty bunching though.

While i'm no longer the, "snap into my own Afghanistan" type of person, once upon a time I was.

If someone spit on me today while at a game, like i've read numerous times this season (Yeah, i'm looking at you Cleveland) I would hope I could collect myself and do the right thing. I just have no way of guaranteeing that would actually be the case. Yes, it's just a game and people should figure it out, but I can see where things escalate rather quickly.

Adding alcohol (as delicious as it might be) doesn't help in those situations.

While my son and I were in Houston for the game, I didn't hear anyone really going off ridiculously.

I heard some Bengals comments, but what you would expect showing up in the visiting teams jersey and all in fun.

However, as I was leaving with my son, there was a group of guys walking by us and the one guy told his buddy to punch me since I was wearing a Bengals jersey. I took it in stride, but was VERY aware of what his buddy was anticipating. I don't know if he meant it as a kind of joke or if he was serious, but it's those situations that can turn into something silly when alcohol is added.

As much as I enjoy having a nice frosty beverage, I don't drink when I go to the games.

First, I usually have my son with me and second, I watch out for the other idiots that you know are out there.

Then there's always the price of those frosty beverages as well. Good God !!!

I would have little issue with them banning alcohol at the games, but can't see it happening unless there is some kind of lawsuit.

They simply make too much money from those sales to see it stopping anytime soon.

While my son and I were in Houston for the game, I didn't hear anyone really going off ridiculously.

I heard some Bengals comments, but what you would expect showing up in the visiting teams jersey and all in fun.

However, as I was leaving with my son, there was a group of guys walking by us and the one guy told his buddy to punch me since I was wearing a Bengals jersey. I took it in stride, but was VERY aware of what his buddy was anticipating. I don't know if he meant it as a kind of joke or if he was serious, but it's those situations that can turn into something silly when alcohol is added.

As much as I enjoy having a nice frosty beverage, I don't drink when I go to the games.

First, I usually have my son with me and second, I watch out for the other idiots that you know are out there.

Then there's always the price of those frosty beverages as well. Good God !!!

I would have little issue with them banning alcohol at the games, but can't see it happening unless there is some kind of lawsuit.

They simply make too much money from those sales to see it stopping anytime soon.

All good points, and Kudos to you for being responsible around your kid. As if I would expect anything different from you. The problem is a lawsuit is going to happen. It could have been with this incident if that car had not stopped short of running that Bucs fan down in the street. As you know in our PC world we legislate to protect the idiots, instead of prosecuting them.

It is the people like those in the video, that keep me from taking my kids to a Football game. I have taken my 12 year old to a Reds game, but the crowds at baseball games seem to be a little more mellow.

The last Bengals game I made was in Detroit (2005) and we won. Drunken Bengals fans were harassing a family of 4 with small kids (my guess would be 7-8 year olds) dressed in Lions gear at the hotel entrance. This was blocks away from the stadium. Even though I was in Bengals gear, I went inside and got the three valet attendants and put a stop to it. They got a free ride in a police car for disorderly conduct. I got a thank you from the Hotel manager and a free meal in the restaurant. Just because your team wins, is no reason to yell obscenities and get in other fans faces. Especially when there are young ones around. That experience has kept me away from another NFL game.

I still take my son to the games, but am constantly on point (so to speak) and aware of others around me.

Call it a situational awareness that I picked up in the military and won't ever let go of.

It's pretty heightened and I immediately steer my son in another direction if I feel the need. There have been cases where I just didn't feel right about a situation or people around me and I tossed him on my back to avoid anything silly happening. All that, I won't let the idiots keep my son and I from catching games every here and there.

I'm looking forward to taking him to the Monday Night game against the Broncos, although he doesn't know we are going yet.

For those of you with kids that might understand, the elf on the shelf will be delivering those to him one morning.

Always a cool thing to do.

Oh yeah, lawsuits. They tend to be more reactive than proactive and why I feel they won't curb alcohol more than they already do at this point.

Like I said, I would have zero issue with a complete ban of alcohol being sold at the games.

I'm curious how much revenue was lost when they stopped selling after the 3rd quarter as it is now ??