Bengals @ Texans Game Thread

Stripes

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't ask me. Do we get QB rating 2 Andy or QB rating 141 Andy? Do we get a D that can tackle or not? Do we get bury every kickoff Nuge or miss the game winner Nuge? Do we get stupid challenge Marvin or awesome time management before the half Marvin? Tune in next week to find out, same Bat time, same bat channel.

Don't ask me. Do we get QB rating 2 Andy or QB rating 141 Andy? Do we get a D that can tackle or not? Do we get bury every kickoff Nuge or miss the game winner Nuge? Do we get stupid challenge Marvin or awesome time management before the half Marvin? Tune in next week to find out, same Bat time, same bat channel.

That's the inconsistency this year for sure. They desperately need to have 2 more solid games like today, that they haven't had since the first 3 of the season, and 2 of those were at home.

I'm just glad the Browns caught Mallett in his first start. At least the Bengals can take a look at the game tape against the Browns.

I have no idea what to expect against the Texans. They are certainly a beatable team, but are amped after the win yesterday most thought they would lose.

My son and I fly down Saturday and have some great tickets. We are linking up with some old Army buddies in the area and won't be back until Monday.

Win or lose, I win because my son will be all sorts of happy seeing the Texans win. Good times ahead.

Whatever buttons the Bengals pushed to returning to being a physical team at both LOS, that is the button they need to keep pushing going forward. I have not seen that version of this team since the first half of the first game at Baltimore.

Run the ball with mean intent and they can at least negate some of the worst of what Watt might do next weekend.

All I've learned from this season is that you can't make any judgments on how the Bengals will play next week based on their play the previous week. The only thing I'll note is that this is a whole different team when they get off to a good start. Yesterday the D bent but didn't break on the first drive, then the offense took the ball all the way down the field for a TD. If the Saints had recovered that fumble for a touchback instead of Gresham for the score, I'd bet good money they would have imploded and lost the game.

Here's to another good start against Houston. :cheers:

Probably worth noting that we finally saw some of the younger guys get some snaps on defense. With Hall sidelined by a sore Achilles, Dre got 43 (of 71) defensive snaps. Abnd for once he apparently didn't look like toast. Dennard got 15 defensive snaps, and Clarke got 10. Clarke recorded one tackle and it was a nice play: https://vine.co/v/O5ID59Oqd29

Also a shout-out to Rex Burkhead. He only got seven snaps but turned three of them into receptions for 36 yards.

Whatever buttons the Bengals pushed to returning to being a physical team at both LOS, that is the button they need to keep pushing going forward. I have not seen that version of this team since the first half of the first game at Baltimore.

Run the ball with mean intent and they can at least negate some of the worst of what Watt might do next weekend.

This NFL season has been one of the strangest I've seen.

If the Bengals lose in Texas, and the Steelers win tonight, coupled with Ravens and Browns victory next week, they go from first to last, just like the Browns did yesterday.

Just about every team has had a blowout loss as well.

I think they might get Smith back. He did try to go in practice last week. Newman I have no feeling about. Burfict is a mystery but after what happened with Warrick I'm in no rush. Not betting on Gio. The doc who writes National Football Posts' Monday Morning MD column went back and looked at the injury on tape and thinks it might be a 4-8 week thing.

At least our depth looked better against NO.

ETA per Hobs they "may" have everyone back but Burfict and Eifert.