Bengals @ Texans Game Thread

Stripes

Spending much time with work related issues and then taking advantage of an executive floor that offers free food and beverages in the evenings.

The "beverages" includes beer, so i'm a happy camper !!!

Thanks...

I'm envious of the training trip. I'm not envious that it's in Cleveburg. Take what you can, though! Soon you'll be in much better weather.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 1h 1 hour ago

Plus, Andre Smith going full practice for the last two days means he's almost certain to return just in time for JJ Watt.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 1h 1 hour ago

Gilberry, Newman, Bernard, Zeitler, all upgraded from yesterday and encouraging for Sunday.

The article touches on inspection by the NFL, and so presumably approval, that the playing surface meets the required standards. It's what those standards are, and the method of evaluating the field that are unclear/unknown.

Was this a similar issue to the PBS playing surface which had to be re-laid at some point not too long after the stadium opened (perhaps a year or two)??

As BG71 says, we can certainly do without any more injuries

They originally tried to do a natural grass field at PBS, which was a disaster. I recall games where they had to fill in dead spots with sand and it looked like an overgrown beach. They finally ripped it out and went to Field Turf in 2004.

Pardon my ignorance, but I am assuming field turf is a lot better than the old hard body wrecking Astro Turf?

Damn really wanted Burfict for this game, so a little upset with that. Oh well team needs to step up togther and win this game!

I have to work this weekend so won't get to watch it but hopefully it will be slow enough for me to listen to it at least.

I was telling a friend tonight, the Bengals haven't had Burfict, 100%, all year! I'm hoping this knee thing will give the head time to completely heal, and that when he DOES come back, he's 100% with no long term damage!

Well, you never know with this team but they've never been in a better position to beat Houston. Foster, who has killed them in the last two games (just under 300 yards rushin, 3 TDs) will apparently sit. And Matt Schaub, who may not have been a great QB but just killed us regularly (900+ yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs in 3 games) isn't there any more.

My bet is a low-scoring slugfest that comes down to the last drive.

Mallet and Hill's partner at LSU, Blue did well last week. I expect them to attempt to do the same thing. Run heavy and take some shots.

My son woke this morning and asked if it was game time . I said no one plays football at 530am so go back to sleep.

We are having a good time. Watch for us on the big screen if they show it, I have a connection down here to get my son and I on !!

Go Bengals !!

All that Burkhead did, and is inactive this week. Guess between him and Ced they choose Ced for special teams.

Bengals only go with 4 wide outs with Dane and Greg both inactive this week. Guess they want to run the ball, better hope the o-line can block like last week.

Heavy up front on the d-line with Clarke and Still active guessing they are expecting the texans to run.