Bengals @ Saints Game Thread

HoosierCat

On to New Orleans.

I had this game penciled in as a loss before the season but NO has not been their dominant selves. Of course, it's anyone's guess how the Bengals will respond to the Cleveland shellacking, but I expect that win or lose, we'll be asking "where the hell was this team against Cleveland?" after the Saints game.

This game kicks off a three game road trip for Cincy. At least they have an extra few days to heal up. As much as Moobs had been struggling the past couple weeks, Newhouse was downright awful last night. And with Hall out, Dre got roasted by Hoyer; Brees will burn him to a crisp. Need those guys plus the usual suspects (FNR, Burfict, Gio) back in a bad way.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Orleans by 10 points.

Could be. About the only result that would surprise me is another turd like last night, and if that happens you can call it a season because it means the team has quit. But my guess is they will look better (admittedly not a high bar at the moment...).

On to New Orleans.

I had this game penciled in as a loss before the season but NO has not been their dominant selves. Of course, it's anyone's guess how the Bengals will respond to the Cleveland shellacking, but I expect that win or lose, we'll be asking "where the hell was this team against Cleveland?" after the Saints game.

This game kicks off a three game road trip for Cincy. At least they have an extra few days to heal up. As much as Moobs had been struggling the past couple weeks, Newhouse was downright awful last night. And with Hall out, Dre got roasted by Hoyer; Brees will burn him to a crisp. Need those guys plus the usual suspects (FNR, Burfict, Gio) back in a bad way.

Time will tell Cat, but I can remember your first look prediction of 8-8 and that prediction was assuming the had all hands on deck.

Depending on how this plays out, that first look prediction may end up being 8-7-1 or 7-8-1.

I need to see how Pitt does against the Jets at home today. I think that game will tell us if the Pitt team we saw at home is for real.

Our Season is over!! We aren't going to the playoffs- that tie took care of that. The beat down that we took from the Colts and Browns showed that we don't have what it takes to be a play off team. Dalton isn't the QB of the future and won't get us any where! Lewis must go! I say promote him to GM and bring in a coach that can get us over that hump! Injuries have killed us as well. I'm tired of getting my hopes up to see a JV high school like team show up to play ball. When we have a four year pro QB take two steps pass the line of scrimmage and throw the ball - come on man - that's just stupid. He's making horrible decisions, not protecting the ball, I say put the rookie in now.... Even AJ was dropping balls that were placed in his hands. This team just doesn't want to win and or wasn't prepared to play. Now you all can bash me all you want... Bottom line, we aren't getting into the playoff this season!!

bash me all you want

no bashing from me.

this team started out looking like champions, but faded very very quickly

They should not have let the two linemen get away, and they definitely should have locked up that FA runstopping DT from Denver

Draft has to be linemen heavy....I know we need help almost everywhere, but we need to start by controlling the line of scrimmage

They need to start getting the youngsters onto the field for meaningful snaps - Hunt, Dennard, Kilpatrick, Flowers, Williams, Hawkinson, Clarke, Burkhead, and McCarron

Our Season is over!! We aren't going to the playoffs- that tie took care of that. We're only just half-way through the season, we can improve (we CAN'T get any worse) and other teams can falter. It ain't over yet

The beat down that we took from the Colts and Browns showed that we don't have what it takes to be a play off team. And first 3 games of the season said we did

Dalton isn't the QB of the future and won't get us any where! Lewis must go! Agree, neither Dalton nor Lewis are good enough

I say promote him to GM and bring in a coach that can get us over that hump! NEVER gonna happen on Mike Browns watch - let's just get used to that fact.

Injuries have killed us as well. Perhaps improvement will start whenw e get some bodies back and the guys who have been injured (Hall, Atkins) start playing at their pre-injury standard

I'm tired of getting my hopes up to see a JV high school like team show up to play ball. Agree - we never seem prepared for prime-time games

When we have a four year pro QB take two steps pass the line of scrimmage and throw the ball - come on man - that's just stupid. He's making horrible decisions, not protecting the ball, I say put the rookie in now Can't see that happening

.... Even AJ was dropping balls that were placed in his hands. You can't blame the QB for that, nor for Greshams stop on the route that led to the interception, nor on Newhouses numerous penalties

This team just doesn't want to win and or wasn't prepared to play. I can't understand why ...it's not that they don't WIN in prime-time games, it's just that habitually they don't COMPETE

Now you all can bash me all you want... Bottom line, we aren't getting into the playoff this season!! Whilst I'll continue to root until it's mathematically impossible not to make the post-season I again agree with you here

bash me all you want

no bashing from me.

this team started out looking like champions, but faded very very quickly

They should not have let the two linemen get away, and they definitely should have locked up that FA runstopping DT from Denver

Draft has to be linemen heavy....I know we need help almost everywhere, but we need to start by controlling the line of scrimmage

They need to start getting the youngsters onto the field for meaningful snaps - Hunt, Dennard, Kilpatrick, Flowers, Williams, Hawkinson, Clarke, Burkhead, and McCarron

Couldn't agree more with putting the young guys in, they need to play especially the young CBs. They probably won't be great out of the start, but neither were Joseph and Hall.

I personally thought there was more talent on this team, but I was wrong, and a lot of guys we really counted on this year are failing this team big time.

O-line needs help big time, I'm just not impressed so far with them. Big name guys like Smith, Whit, Zeitler when he is playing. Guys need to really start stepping up!

No not time to blow it up, but some young guys need to play. I wouldn't mind seeing the young CBs playing some.

All I heard Thursday night was about how they had to make changes on defense make it easier, why? If they bring in backups they should be good enough to play the defense that is hear, otherwise why are they here. Right now they are not good enough to get to the QB, Paul in the start of the season were blitzing and doing good with that, and now we hardly see blitzing at all. They need to pressure the QB, that's what will make them better.