Bengals @ Saints Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no being pissed off .

I wonder if the "loyalty" clause in the contracts has anything to do with players not coming out publicly in fits of outrage. After all, once you start saying "we were sh1t" to the media tthen the media a're gonna ask "who was sh1t in particular?" which could be divisive in the locker room. Or if the play calling is criticised then it could call the coaching into disrepute.

just a thought ....

This game's actually winnable, out of the ones they have left, along with Pitt at home, if nothing else because it's a "bounce back" game against a mediocre team.

But I would not be surprised to see the Bengals' go 2-5 or 0-7 to finish the season, at all. And if they do, I pray it means the end of Marvin ball, and that they get a chance to draft Dalton's replacement next year in the top 10 of the draft.

In fact, I don't see, if that happens, how they can do anything else. They won't sell tickets unless they make some major changes.

This game's actually winnable, out of the ones they have left, along with Pitt at home, if nothing else because it's a "bounce back" game against a mediocre team.

But I would not be surprised to see the Bengals' go 2-5 or 0-7 to finish the season, at all. And if they do, I pray it means the end of Marvin ball, and that they get a chance to draft Dalton's replacement next year in the top 10 of the draft.

In fact, I don't see, if that happens, how they can do anything else. They won't sell tickets unless they make some major changes.

Come on man! I don't care how bad it gets, the fans will show up. Using your philosophy, the Browns stadium would have strated emptying out in 2001.

No the fans won't. They've shown it in the past and is, in my opinion, one of the biggest reasons they went to the 85% rule to avoid blackouts.

Outside of the government now staying out of the mandatory blackout business, I wonder how many games would have been blacked out if not for the change in the front office's stance at the beginning of the season? I think they knew they had just gone one and done for the 3rd straight season and fans wouldn't look at that as a positive, but rather a reason to stay away.

If they were to shit the bed for the rest of the season, the fans will almost certainly stay away in 2015. The 85% won't help them.

I think it would spell the end of Marvin, but not Dalton. They might draft another QB, but I doubt they even do that.

Then again, I could be wrong...

No the fans won't. They've shown it in the past and is, in my opinion, one of the biggest reasons they went to the 85% rule to avoid blackouts.

Outside of the government now staying out of the mandatory blackout business, I wonder how many games would have been blacked out if not for the change in the front office's stance at the beginning of the season? I think they knew they had just gone one and done for the 3rd straight season and fans wouldn't look at that as a positive, but rather a reason to stay away.

If they were to shit the bed for the rest of the season, the fans will almost certainly stay away in 2015. The 85% won't help them.

I think it would spell the end of Marvin, but not Dalton. They might draft another QB, but I doubt they even do that.

Then again, I could be wrong...

There will always be enough fans coming Army, just like in Cleveland.

's

IF it digs into MB's pocket then it may make a difference.

Didn't Palmer issue an ultimatum to Brown that either Lewis goes, or he retires?

You saw what happened there.

Look, for anyone to compare the fanbase of the Bengals and Browns is crazy.

The Browns fans will continue to come back and continue to come back.

Bengals fans ?? Not so much. They've proven it time and time again.

It's not to say there won't be fans that show up for the games, but certainly not what you see in other organizations and certainly not enough where I feel they even hit that 85% mark if they meltdown the rest of this season. It won't happen. Hell, they've needed time to hit the 85% mark THIS year right after the 3 game win streak to start the season.

Yah, looks like the mini-bye didn't help much:

Bernard went to the rehab field for the second straight day as he nurses his hip and shoulder injuries, indicating he won’t play Sunday. Burfict (knee) didn’t surface on the field, so he’ll likely miss his third straight game since he had arthroscopic surgery.

Starting cornerback Terence Newman (knee) didn’t work for the second straight day and starting right tackle Andre Smith (ankle) didn’t work after being limited Wednesday. He was wearing a boot before Thursday’s practice. Three players that didn’t work Wednesday went Thursday in tight end Jermaine Gresham (thigh), safety Taylor Mays (foot) and backup guard Mike Pollak (knee). It appeared that left tackle Andrew Whitworth (knee) had his veteran’s day off.

So, Gio and Burfict are out. Moobs probably after going back into the boot. Newman doesn't sound promising and that's a big loss facing Brees.

Just not our year.

Paul Dehner Tweet: "Cold Dre Kirkpatrick walks in from practice and tells us to write, tweet, do whatever to get team an indoor facility. Uh, yeah, bad news, Dre."

Meanwhile the Saints are doing everything they want in a cozy indoor practice facility (hint: you can always go outside in windy 34 degree weather to practice if you need to here).

The Bengals' are always at a disadvantage. You wonder why they can't win a playoff game and never seem prepared, just part of the reason.

We are all spelling it out well here. For the record, the draft this year was great for filling out the roster. The big mistake was not going after free agents at wide receiver and offensive line. Whit has been average for the last three years. He should have been moved to guard. I'm ok with Bodine but I find Boling to be a piss-poor run blocker. I hoped Dalton could improve behind a run first offense. Seems like we forgot to do that, though. Why? Probably because the coaching staff has little faith in our line's ability to do so. The front office refused to improve it through free agency,, by doing so they hung Hue Jackson out to dry.

I've never done this before but I'm not watching nor am I going to record the game. I have no desire, to see them get another ass beating. We're going into this game without key players again, against a hungry team that will have our number. Dalton coming off of his worse performance ever.... He is just not a leader and not our future. Dalton has had his opportunity to prove himself and he's failed. Three playoff appearances and he's failed! Prime time games, and he's failed to perform.

I just may take the wife out shopping. OMG, football season is over for me. Guess it's time to start planning for March Madness.

Yea there are times I don't feel like watching this team either but I still will. At the end of the day win or lose its just a game we have no effect on. I used to get so frustrated with this team, so mad I wouldn't talk, I would be grumpy the rest of the day, and then I had kids lol. Now I want to see them win like crazy, sure I get mad when they suck, but in the end who cares it's just a game.

So tomorrow ill be here watching the game chasing my 7 month old around because he gets into everything, and watching over my daughter who is sick this weekend. Either way here's hoping for a win!!!

Yea there are times I don't feel like watching this team either but I still will. At the end of the day win or lose its just a game we have no effect on. I used to get so frustrated with this team, so mad I wouldn't talk, I would be grumpy the rest of the day, and then I had kids lol. Now I want to see them win like crazy, sure I get mad when they suck, but in the end who cares it's just a game.

So tomorrow ill be here watching the game chasing my 7 month old around because he gets into everything, and watching over my daughter who is sick this weekend. Either way here's hoping for a win!!!

This sounds like me talking. Just take away the 7 month old child and replace it with my son's 7 month old Beagle, which we watch on Sundays while my son works at church.

Since the wife is an Eagles fan, from PA, I get to root for them after the Bengals game.

This sounds like me talking. Just take away the 7 month old child and replace it with my son's 7 month old Beagle, which we watch on Sundays while my son works at church.

Since the wife is an Eagles fan, from PA, I get to root for them after the Bengals game.

Yea I live in PA so I root for the Eagles as well when there not playing each other.

Yea I live in PA so I root for the Eagles as well when there not playing each other.

Same here. Told my wife and son, that when they go head to head, I'm Bengals all the way!! :sure:

Same here. Told my wife and son, that when they go head to head, I'm Bengals all the way!! :sure:/>

My brother is a huge eagles fan. I don't follow them like I do the bengals, so I don't know every player, but when there on TV I will root for them, or when the bengals don't make the playoffs ill root for them.

@ColeyHarvey: Giovani Bernard is in the #Bengals' WR line. Cutting well. Moving well,too. He's out for this week, but promising sign he'll be back next wk

@ProFootballDoc: @ColeyHarvey Went back and looked at GIO injury. Looked like posterior hip subluxation/bone bruise. Worry might be long term blood flow.