Bengals @ Saints Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anything has changed with this team. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same defense we seen all preseason.

I don't think you can just wave away Maualuga, Burfict and Thompson missing a combined 13 games (so far). That's the heart of the run defense and IMHO a big reason why the D has been atrocious overall.

That said, they have also missed a lot of opportunities thanks to dropped interceptions and piss-poor tackling. We've seen them do the same thing in spurts in previous years. For some reason the fundamentals seem to slip away from this squad from time to time, and that has to be put on the coaches.

I'm actually not too down on Hue, Paul and Marvin. But I think there's a lot of dead weight on the staff. Alexander obviously. The next TE Jonathan Hayes develops will be the first. I think we all know why David Lippencott has a job (same reason Marcus Lewis does). And I don't believe any of us know why Ken Zampese has a job.

The Bengals have four assistants with "quality control" in their titles. They should have all been terminated with extreme prejudice last Friday.

I know it's looking ahead, but if they lose to Tampa Bay, i'm going to lose my d*mn mind.

I was thinking I might get excited about their chances if they go on a 5 game win streak starting this Sunday.

Minus that, I don't think it matters much at all.

Keep in mind 2 facts Army.

Tampa is the only team Lewis hasn't beaten.

Steelers lost to them at home.

RIP Orlando Thomas.

/>http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/10/minnesota-vikings-orlando-thomas-dies-als-age-42

ALS sucks.

Entertaining in the nursing homes brings me across many illnesses. My family has a history of Hunington's. I've seen an uncle and aunt deteriorate.

I've seen numerous people, in the homes deteriorate from Parkinson's as well.

There was one man who had ALS, which is the least common, but the most destructive and difficult to watch, let alone have.

Some historical stuff:

Cincy vs. NO

6-6 overall

3-2 in NO

3-1 in last 4 games (back to 96)

1-1 in Lewis era (1 win in NO in 2006)

Last game: 34-30 loss at PBS in 2010

Notable: one of only two wins in woeful 2002 campaign was against NO

Brees vs. Cincy

2-1 versus Bengals

1-0 in NO

1-1 in Cincinnati

Stat line: 76/111/983/6/4

Notable: then with SD, Brees annihilated the Bengals 34-6 in woeful 2002 campaign.

Bleah.

@LanceMcAlister: Lap thinks Maualuga is 50/50 for Sunday, does not think Burfict goes. Thinks Gio will practice and see. Hall a go. #Bengals Line

Lap also said that Eifert went in for a "procedure." He still believes he won't play again this season.

No word I've seen on whether Moobs is out of the boot yet.

They are really going to have to play perfect football Sunday.

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA !!!!

How about beating them in the head with a fish until they bleed ??

:fish:

I just like that smilie, but think both have about the same chance of happening.

Playing perfect is a real stretch and I know you didn't give them a prayer of beating Baltimore after the Colts debacle, but they did have the home streak on their side, until Thursday night.

Technically they still have the unbeaten non-prime time game home streak in tact, because their last 2 home losses were prime time! (SD playoff game and Thursday night)