Bengals @ Saints Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early word on Palmer is a torn ACL. He'll have tests to confirm, but it sounds like he's done for the year. Tough, tough break.

Tough that it means he won't play. Not tough that it comes just days after he signs a sizeable extension.

It was a freak injury, phantom in fact.

I have zero respect for Palmer, quitter azz punk. that he has a knee boo boo upon someone giving the quitter azz another azz ton of millions I just have to laugh.

Sucks about Palmer. Hated how he went about leaving here, but don't wish that kind of stuff on anyone.

Hope they continue to get good play from their backup.

Saints ?? Yeah, they still beat the Bengals this coming Sunday.

There backup seems pretty good, better then some starters out there. Will see if he can continue

When thinking about how miserable and completely f*cktastic Dalton was Thursday night, at least he's not Cutler.

When thinking about Cutler's contract and Dalton's contract, at least we aren't Bears fans.

Good God that was terrible.

Odd season we are seeing this year.

Normally I would say, at least we are still sitting close in second place, but I take little comfort in that fact this year.

That was the first game the Saints lost at home this year and I hope that continues, but I don't think it will.

The season isn't done yet. I don't want them to blow things up (minus Marvin and Gresham). They could still surprise me.

I'll be rooting all the way, just less upset when if it goes the way I think it will.

I haven't heard much on the guys who have been busted up and what we are looking like on the injury front for Sunday.

The few extra days rest can't be a bad thing.

When thinking about how miserable and completely f*cktastic Dalton was Thursday night, at least he's not Cutler.

When thinking about Cutler's contract and Dalton's contract, at least we aren't Bears fans.

Good God that was terrible.

Odd season we are seeing this year.

Normally I would say, at least we are still sitting close in second place, but I take little comfort in that fact this year.

That was the first game the Saints lost at home this year and I hope that continues, but I don't think it will.

The season isn't done yet. I don't want them to blow things up (minus Marvin and Gresham). They could still surprise me.

I'll be rooting all the way, just less upset when if it goes the way I think it will.

I haven't heard much on the guys who have been busted up and what we are looking like on the injury front for Sunday.

The few extra days rest can't be a bad thing.

I'm going to tick everyone off, and that's okay. I have no current loyalty to the Browns. Yes, I was a fan before the Bengals came to town, when Frank Ryan, Leroy Kelly, and Paul Warfield were there.

BUT...............IF the Bengals get eliminated from the playoffs, and the Browns are still in the hunt, with the Steelers and Ravens, in that scenario, I will ALWAYS pull for the Browns over the Steelers or Ravens.

Boomer weighed in with comments regarding the Cleveland game on SB Nation.

What was interesting, is that I knew about Anderson's 2.8 first half rating in the Seattle game in 1981, but I had forgotten a stat that SB Nation had pointed out.

Anderson had 18 games under QBR of 41. Boomer had 21.

Dalton has one. Now we all know Dalton's one game was 2.0 and the Kenny and Boomer have gone on to play in SBs.

I guess my surprise was, when I think back to Boomer and Kenny, I just picture steady, consistent, tough QBs, that never had bad games.

I don't think that will irritate most fans, especially the ones from Ohio who rooted for the Browns before the Bengals came to town.

I would root for the Browns to do better than the Steelers or Ravens any day of the week and rather enjoy seeing them in first and the Ravens in last.

I would rather the Bengals be in first, but it is what it is.

If the Bengals want to, they could try to change that by winning in New Orleans this coming Sunday.

This coming weekend we see Baltimore on the bye, Pittsburgh travel to Tennessee, Cleveland entertain Houston .... it's not impossible for Cincinnati to win in New Orleans against the 4-5 Saints who have lost a home game already this season and are 3-2 over the last 5 games compared to Cincys 2-2-1

If the team gets it's collective ass in gear and turns up and plays, and the stars align favourably, then it's possible we could be back in 1st place in the AFCN come the final whistle of the weekends games.

Hope springing eternally thumbsup3.gif

If the Bengals end up beating the Saints and the Texans beat the Browns...I'm done. This season has been like that hot girlfriend who breaks up with you then keeps on coming around on Friday nights.

On a side note: This is the FIRST time in 19 years that the Browns have had sole possession of first place. Whoa.

Now, the Browns don't have a cake schedule in the last 7 games. There are some tough road games for them. Of which 4 of the last 7 are on the road. I expect them to stumble a bit. Going 9-7 isn't unlikely. If they can squeek out a couple on the road, they can get to 10-6 which might win the division. Games against the Bengals at home and the Ravens in Baltimore are going to be crucial.

It's cliche, I know, but it all comes down to winning in the trenches. If our lines get dominated the same way they did against Cleveland it will be another long, embarrassing rout. I'm sure that after watching film of that game Rob Ryan can't wait to throw the kitchen sink at Dalton. Defensively, I would love pressure on Brees but would be happy if they can just keep Ingram in check.

I'm not holding out a lot of hope but you would hope they are a little pissed off and fired up after last Thursday's mess.

It's cliche, I know, but it all comes down to winning in the trenches. If our lines get dominated the same way they did against Cleveland it will be another long, embarrassing rout. I'm sure that after watching film of that game Rob Ryan can't wait to throw the kitchen sink at Dalton. Defensively, I would love pressure on Brees but would be happy if they can just keep Ingram in check.

I'm not holding out a lot of hope but you would hope they are a little pissed off and fired up after last Thursday's mess.

As far as this team's issue of NOT being pissed off and motivated, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't more of an issue with the players personalities as opposed to coaches responsibilities, or lack thereof.

I just put myself in their shoes and after the NE, Indy, and Cleveland games, being a grown man, and not a kid, I wouldn't need a coach to fire me up, get me pissed, or motivate me.

I look on the field and see players personalities that can pump up a team as the game goes on and Burfict is one of those guys.

It's a shame he hasn't been right all year, because when he is, it infects both the defense and the offense.

If we are talking about THIS team getting motivated, I question any and all of it.

With everything they had on the line Thursday night, they flat out sucked.

They sucked on epic proportions. That game defined SUCK.

If they couldn't get motivated for that game at that point in time, I have no earthly idea what WOULD motivate them.

None. I can't even begin to fathom what the hell is running through their heads.

I will never again this season say how they should be fired up because of this or that.

My 3 year old appeared more motivated to get out of his wet diaper this morning than the Bengals did Thursday night.

I mean that little joker wasn't waiting another d*mned second and looked like he was ready to kill if need be.

"JUST GET ME OUT OF THIS GODD*MNED DIAPER NOOOOOOOOOW !!!"

The Bengals could learn alot from my 3 year old at this point in time.

An added bonus is that he thinks he's a dinosaur. That's some tough sh*t right there.

"JUST GET ME OUT OF THIS GODD*MNED DIAPER NOOOOOOOOOW !!!"

That's exactly where the Bengals find themselves at the moment - encased in the sh1t of their own making and needing a favour from someone else to get them out of it

As far as this team's issue of NOT being pissed off and motivated, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't more of an issue with the players personalities as opposed to coaches responsibilities, or lack thereof.

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines yesterday afternoon: this team has no personality. Part of it is injuries; guys who might set the tone like Atkins or Burfict are hurt or out. But still, no one else is stepping up to set a tone.

Say what you want about Chad and Housh, but you always knew they were coming to town. Chad in particular might have set the wrong tone at least as much as he set the right one, but his checklists and Pepto and endzone celebrations usually added some fire. At least before he went off the rails.

Never thought I'd say this but maybe this team could use a couple of attention whores these days.

Never thought I'd say this but maybe this team could use a couple of attention whores these days.

They sure as hell are flat. You don't hear anything out of them and then you get little in game fire.

Every now and then Gresham gets fired up, but it's useless and usually followed by a penalty.

There's no one else. A bunch of dejected little kids is what I saw when watching the game Thursday and why I turned it off.

They've been punched in the mouth and had their milk money taken. They appear to have no desire to get their money back.

Where's the grrrr and sh*t ??

I don't think anything has changed with this team. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same defense we seen all preseason. Our depth sucked goat balls on defense then, and that hasn't changed. Dalton did well the first 3 games this season but has been so so to downright terrible since then. So goes the oline, so goes dalton. I expect a loss next weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them win, even dominate that game. That's the thing with this team lately, when expectations are riding high they flop, when everyone expects this team to flop they pull off a win and we wonder where that team was all along.