Bengals @ Saints Game Thread

HoosierCat

I don't think anyone can figure this team out. One thing we know is they are so inconsistent, but what a win this week just awesome.

I love it when Dalton is on he is as good as anyone.

Rey M wow what a difference, now get Burfict back!

Let Still sit the rest of the way and worry about his daughter, activate Clarke.

Just hope we see this team every week

Maybe Dalton would be better on a dome team, like Brees. It was like he couldn't even grip the ball last week in the cold (purely guessing/wondering).

And of course the problem is you can't have "bad Andy" show-up in a playoff game, or you lose and you're done, no "comeback weeks" to lean on.

He was money today, go figure. I don't question his talent or even his arm, it's his head that seems to be missing something.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone can figure this team out. One thing we know is they are so inconsistent, but what a win this week just awesome.

Let Still sit the rest of the way and worry about his daughter, activate Clarke.

Maybe Dalton would be better on a dome team, like Brees. It was like he couldn't even grip the ball last week in the cold (purely guessing/wondering).

And of course the problem is you can't have "bad Andy" show-up in a playoff game, or you lose and you're done, no "comeback weeks" to lean on.

He was money today, go figure. I don't question his talent or even his arm, it's his head that seems to be missing something.

He looked pretty 'headless' today that's for sure!

And finally, gone unnoticed, but the defense didn't give up a 100 yard rusher today (or even 100 yards rushing) after Ingram just had 3 straight 100 yard games (I believe).

Being up by 2-3 scores most of the game helps with that of course, but they did a better job and getting Rey back really helps.

Jeremy Hill is the real deal, best RB we've had since Dillon.

He looked pretty 'headless' today that's for sure!

Mmm k?

And finally, gone unnoticed, but the defense didn't give up a 100 yard rusher today (or even 100 yards rushing) after Ingram just had 3 straight 100 yard games (I believe).

Being up by 2-3 scores most of the game helps with that of course, but they did a better job and getting Rey back really helps.

Jeremy Hill is the real deal, best RB we've had since Dillon.

I hope they change it up with him and Gio like they did with Jones and Tate on returns, but I doubt it will happen. Use Gio as a receiver out of the backfield.

Today's fun fact, via Hobs:

It took 46 years to do it, but running back Jeremy Hill did it. With his 152 yards on 27 carries coming two weeks after he went for 154 against Jacksonville, Hill became the first rookie to have two 150-yard games since Paul Robinson did it for the 1968 inaugural Bengals .

Not bad. Not bad at all.

This from Mike Tanier got a chuckle out of me this morning:

Dalton threw three touchdowns and looked sharp all afternoon, as he often does in the afternoon. He's like a lame educational superhero who teaches children about the importance of proper sleep and maintaining a healthy schedule: Lunchtime Man, whose only weakness is evening.

I got up early and had family photos taken (Thanks honey) and then had lunch (Famous Dave's).

When I walked in the door the wife said she wasn't going to do anything, but lay around.

I looked at the clock, 12:55PM. I turned on the game and watch the whole thing.

Who would have known Rey Maualuga could make such a huge difference on the defensive side of the ball ??

Seriously, the Saints had absolutely no run game and they held that offense to 10 points.

That's certainly not the norm for a Drew Brees led team.

Andy Dalton. What the hell? Love the "Lunchtime Man" comment.

He was absolutely on fire and the placement of the throws was something worth going back to watch again.

Follows one of his worst with one of his best. Nice bounce back and good seeing him shake things off, but d*mn.

Gresham ?? Please tell me why he was doing a little dance after fumbling, then kicking the ball into the endzone, and getting lucky enough to fall on it for a touchdown. That was quite possibly the stupidest thing i've seen from him and that is truly saying something. Never knew I could dislike a player that scored two TD's in a game more.

You simply have to give the team a lot of credit for the win yesterday.

While I still think they have a long way to go over the next few weeks, it was a nice first step after the Browns game for sure.

Green, Hill, the o-line, everyone. Very nice. Even Dennard and Clarke got in the mix.

Here's hoping it continues !!!

Who would have known Rey Maualuga could make such a huge difference on the defensive side of the ball ??

That was probably both the most encouraging and most aggravating thing about yesterday for me. On the one hand, I'm all for anything that improves this putrid defense. On the other...Lapham mentioned several times how amped up Peko was to have Rey back and how it was motivating him to play lights-out ball. Really? You might think that big fat extension he got would get him going, but apparently not given that he's been playing like he was on skates all year. But give the Skipper his Little Buddy back and it's go time.

Gresham ?? Please tell me why he was doing a little dance after fumbling, then kicking the ball into the endzone, and getting lucky enough to fall on it for a touchdown. That was quite possibly the stupidest thing i've seen from him and that is truly saying something.

I watched the highlights and my jaw just dropped at that play. I mean he isn't even near the goal line and he's waving the ball around in the air like a frigging idiot. He should just be forbidden from doing anything after a catch other than falling down and curling up around the ball. I don't care if there's no one within 20 yards of him, just fall down.

FWIW it seems to be like this all around the league this year. How does St. Louis beat Denver yesterday? One week Big Jen is throwing 247 TDs, next week he's losing to Tampa or the Jets. The Bengals are having what might be best described as violent mood swings week to week. Baltimore can beat everyone except us. A month ago Tom Brady was done and the Pats were over. Last night they routed the Colts in their own house. Said Colts being world beaters after trouncing the Bengals. Are the Seahawks any good? How about the Chiefs? San Diego was the hot team for a while then they went to Miami and got annihilated. Now it looks like Green Bay is the new king...don't like that, just wait until next week.

This may be the nuttiest, least predictable year I've ever seen. But it's entertaining, that's for sure.

FWIW it seems to be like this all around the league this year. How does St. Louis beat Denver yesterday? One week Big Jen is throwing 247 TDs, next week he's losing to Tampa or the Jets. The Bengals are having what might be best described as violent mood swings week to week. Baltimore can beat everyone except us. A month ago Tom Brady was done and the Pats were over. Last night they routed the Colts in their own house. Said Colts being world beaters after trouncing the Bengals. Are the Seahawks any good? How about the Chiefs? San Diego was the hot team for a while then they went to Miami and got annihilated. Now it looks like Green Bay is the new king...don't like that, just wait until next week.

This may be the nuttiest, least predictable year I've ever seen. But it's entertaining, that's for sure.

Agree with the above for sure. Waiting to see who the Raiders knock off for their first win of the season.

It would be fitting for it to be Denver on the road in the last game of the season to keep from going 0-16.

It would be more entertaining if the Bengals didn't have those "Violent mood swings" as you mentioned.