Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea and it's prime time, I'm not really looking forward to it.

This whole team is a mess, all these penalties suck, sure defense is hurting, but it might help if they could tackle. Dalton is a mess he makes such stupid mistakes at the worst times.

Hopefully it goes better then I feel

Early but it's a short week!

Lets not forget it's a short week for Cleveland as well .... and we're at home ...... let's keep the positives flying guys as the next step towards the post-season starts here!thumbsup3.gif

Needless to say though -- it's extremely important that the Bengals win this game somehow. The division isn't getting any less competitive, and the following three games are all on the road.

We have a season finale of 5 from the last 7 games on the road. We have a great record at PBS and this is a short week for both teams, no doubt it will be a hard, brutal. ugly game of pounding football - great stuff thumbsup3.gif

Bengals can easily win this, as well as easily lose this. We need to tighten up - reduce the penalties and keep hold of those interceptions when they come our way.

I'm booking the day off of work Friday ..... come home from darts at half past midnight, raid the fridge, grab the drams, enjoy the game which is set to kick off at 1:25am here Friday morning .... if the kids stay up then it's a day off of school for them Friday ..... being a Bengals fan is a life-time choice way above education in my book !!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODEY !!!!

Hall must still be suffering from his case of "SUCK" he was dealing with yesterday.

The Bengals "should" win this game at home, but i've learned that kind of stuff goes out the window when it comes to Browns games.

I don't even know what to say more than that about Thursday night. They really need to win. A loss will be devastating in more ways than one.

Hope guys get healthy sooner rather than later.

The Bengals "should" win this game at home, but i've learned that kind of stuff goes out the window when it comes to Browns games.

I don't even know what to say more than that about Thursday night. They really need to win. A loss will be devastating in more ways than one.

And of course it's one of the dreaded "prime time" games in which the team tends to melt down. Just for fun, I looked up the Bengals' Thursday night record on PFR:

5-4 overall

2-0 at home

2-3 in the Lewis era

1-2 in the Dalton era

1-2 in November Thursday games (all in Lewis era)

3-2 vs. AFCN (1-1 in Lewis era)

1-1 vs. Cleveland (both games in the 80s)

The Bengals have not played a Thursday night home game since 2006. The only other Thursday night home game was in 1997. Their last Thursday night game was the 22-20 OT loss to Miami last year.

Edited by HoosierCat
edited to fix afcn numbers

And of course it's one of the dreaded "prime time" games in which the team tends to melt down. Just for fun, I looked up the Bengals' Thursday night record on PFR:

5-4 overall

2-0 at home

2-3 in the Lewis era

1-2 in the Dalton era

1-2 in November Thursday games (all in Lewis era)

3-2 vs. AFCN (1-1 in Lewis era)

1-1 vs. Cleveland (both games in the 80s)

The Bengals have not played a Thursday night home game since 2006. The only other Thursday night home game was in 1997. Their last Thursday night game was the 22-20 OT loss to Miami last year.

Like I said, being at home, at least they have a chance to win it.

On the other hand, the Browns come into the game having lost 17 straight divisional road games.

/>http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_browns_look_to_end_l.html#incart_story_package

Their last AFCN road win was against us, of course, in 2008.

Again, the Bengals should win this game. I don't just give them a chance in it, they should win it.

At home, away, primetime or not, this Bengals team should beat this Browns team.

My only point to that is, this series has always reminded me that "should" tends to go out the window and the games are always tough.

Play sound defense (see making tackles) and control the ball without as many stupid penalties and mistakes and they handle business.

This isn't a Browns team (regardless of thinking we "should" win the game) that you can't make stupid mistakes against.

They have until Thursday to get ready to play a primetime division game at home. DON'T SUCK !!!

So, do the Browns miss Alex Mack?

/>https://vine.co/v/OOUIdXij9gX

OUCH !!!

Hope Geno can have the same type of impact !!!

That was brutality. I'm not sure Geno has that kind of explosion or power yet. One thing is for sure, the Browns C is a massive weak spot, and thus should be savagely attacked.

@ColeyHarvey: #Bengals injury report: OUT: Burfict. DNP: Bernard, Hall, Maualuga, Andre Smith. LIMITED: Dennard, Geathers, Newman. FULL: Zeitler.

@ColeyHarvey: Andrew Hawkins and Jordan Cameron didn't practice for the Browns today.

@FSOhio_KGoheen: #Bengals going thru walkthrough today but RT Andre Smith did have walking boot on left foot and CB Leon Hall is under concussion protocol.