Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Wow.

About to be 24-3 in the 3rd quarter. And that my friends, is the game.

Folks, we've been through worse as Bengals fans, so it probably comes as no surprise that this season is OVAH!!!

Injuries, improved division, tough schedule. It's not happening this season. And that's ok. This is a team with a good core of players. This isn't the 90's. This is a hiccup season. Not the norm.

I'm glad it "isn't the 90's." That makes me feel so much better.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

About to be 24-3 in the 3rd quarter. And that my friends, is the game.

Folks, we've been through worse as Bengals fans, so it probably comes as no surprise that this season is OVAH!!!

Injuries, improved division, tough schedule. It's not happening this season. And that's ok. This is a team with a good core of players. This isn't the 90's. This is a hiccup season. Not the norm.

I'm glad it "isn't the 90's." That makes me feel so much better.

Oh, it sucks, make no mistake. I'm actually glad to see this in some regard because it should force more significant changes in the offseason.

My dad and I converted from Browns to Bengals fans when PB brought them to town in 1968.

I'm going to bed and seriously sleep on the idea of waking up tomorrow converting back!

That's the frustration talking, but I will say this, once the Bengals are officially eliminated from the playoffs and the Browns are still in the mix, I will pull for the Browns against the Steelers all day long!

We've all followed this team long enough to know that the radical changes required will never, ever happen. Don't try to console yourselves with what amounts to no more than wishful thinking

If radical changes mean Marvin getting fired and MB stepping down, then no, they're won't be any major changes.

I do think the roster needs some serious shaking up. The core players are solid. QB play is suspect. Need to be more active in FA and have a great draft. Not impossible.

We've all followed this team long enough to know that the radical changes required will never, ever happen. Don't try to console yourselves with what amounts to no more than wishful thinking

If radical changes mean Marvin getting fired and MB stepping down, then no, they're won't be any major changes.

I do think the roster needs some serious shaking up. The core players are solid. QB play is suspect. Need to be more active in FA and have a great draft. Not impossible.

It's impossible with Lewis and Brown in situ

It's impossible with Lewis and Brown in situ

I agree. I do think that we're seeing the sun setting on Marvin Lewis. It can't last forever and we've seen all that Marvin can do. Attendance and patience with the fans is dwindling. It's coming to an end. Don't expect it for this season or next, though. Maybe 2016. Hopefully, the window won't have closed on this team with all of the talent they have. Sad, really.

Well, looks like I didn't miss much. Usual prime time follies. Andy sucks, Hill fumbles, Newhouse is a penalty machine, oline can't pass protect, dline getting blown off the ball, Huber shanks one, Green tosses in a drop or two, gameplan forgets about Sanu, refs are horrible and coaching has no answers. SSDY. I guess there are benefits to being stuck at a work event on game night after all. See you in the morning.

1. Dalton was only sacked twice

2. His QB rating was 2.0. That's literally a "2"

THAT was one of the worst QB performances I've ever seen in an NFL game, in my lifetime. That was quite possibly the worst. Worse than any Akili Smith performance.

It has to rank up there as one of the all-time statistically bad games in the modern era at least.

I think the QB from one of our local High Schools could have made better decisions last night. He was throwing into triples coverage, throwing the ball after he was two yards past the line of scrimmage, just was horrible! Marvin was on Seris radio yesterday morning talking about how many hours the coaches put in to prepare for these short weeks; didn't seem like they did anything at all. I just don't understand how one week this team can come out and play a great game and then next week they look like it's the first week of training camp. How do players forget the basic fundamentals of tackling, catching blocking, etc. in one week? We're down by 21 points and there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency to get back to the lice of scrimmage to run the next off play! Instead players want to spike the ball because they gained a yard or two and talk trash or beat their chest. Dude you're down by three TD's shut your flippin mouth, jog back to the line of scrimmage and get ready to run the next play.