Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Gio a mess. Rib, hip and shoulder issues.

whats the situation on Peerman and Bukhead ?? I know neither are at the same caliber as Gio but we need a RB to compliment Hill or even just for a breather now and again.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee scope. Out a couple weeks.

Be nice if Shawn Williams could step up too.

From the vine, it looks like a slight hyper extension, which can cause small meniscus tears, hence the scope to clean it up.... all making sense now.

Gio a mess. Rib, hip and shoulder issues.

They're running him into the ground. It's ridiculous. His quickness and elusiveness will be destroyed if they keep using him between the tackles. They surely know this, so I'm not sure what the plan is.

Yeah, I agree. On top of that the interior line's run blocking sucks because they're trying to compensate for Bodine's iffy run blocking without a lot of success. More runs outside would help all around.

Nothing to say about Burfict other than I hope this season is not the norm. I also think the defense struggles without him again, and they get blown out by good teams until he gets back (their LB's are just not talented outside of him). It makes me worry about the Cleveland and Pitt games coming up.

I almost wonder if the order to make a Gio a starter and 3-down back came from SOP, I have no idea what they're doing with him this year - but at this rate he's not going to be around if they make it to the playoffs.

Gotta win this game Sunday right now, can't afford to lose it.

It makes me worry about the Cleveland and Pitt games coming up.

Lets focus on the Jags game before anything else. Worry about the next game when it IS the next game and right now the next game is Jax

Yeah, I mentioned them not overlooking the Jags with the Browns coming in for another primetime game as well.

That being said, I am concerned about the Browns game with Burfict not being in the middle of the defense.

I'll wait for the Browns pregame thread to go further with that thought though.

As much as I had a good feeling going into last week's game, I have a bad feeling going into this one. By all rights the Bengals ought to run away with this game. But they're beat up and wildly inconsistent. Jacksonville comes in with nothing to lose, a defense that, like Indy's, has been playing above its weight and a rookie QB -- which should be an advantage but as we know with this team, might not be.

I hope they win but this feels like an "egg" game.

http://www.bengals.com/team/injuryreport.html

we're looking pretty dinged-up again, but I won't worry too much until Fridays report as these lists tend to fluctuate as the week rolls on

They should run Burkhead. You never know what these guys are going to turn into until you put them in a game enough to get into a flow. I can remember several years back when injuries forced them to use a bunch of unproven guys, and they really played well. Could experience the same thing now!

Maybe see some Rex Burkhead as well

Yup. Hobs seems pretty down on Gio's chances and thinks he may be a scratch for Thursday too. Hill's going to get a baptism of fire: lead back in two games four days apart, one against a division rival.

Seems like Zeitler and Dennard will be inactive Sunday as well.

Maybe see some Rex Burkhead as well

Yup. Hobs seems pretty down on Gio's chances and thinks he may be a scratch for Thursday too. Hill's going to get a baptism of fire: lead back in two games four days apart, one against a division rival.

Seems like Zeitler and Dennard will be inactive Sunday as well.

What happened to Dennard?