Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's today's number: 96.4.

That's Blake Bortles' rating yesterday. And yes, it's a career best.

I know screaming at guys isn't Paulie G's thing, but he might want to give it a go.

Watching the way the Steelers offense has been playing in contrast with the Bengals defense, gives reason to think they might be the favorites to win the AFCN. At least at this point in the season.

The 3 game stretch of road games after Cleveland is crucial. There is a good chance that Arian Foster won't be playing in a few weeks, so that's good. They need to go at least 2-1 in that stretch.

THIS. DEFENSE. BLOWS.

I have been quick to acknowledge the injuries this team has suffered, especially at LB, but holy hell.

Even backups should be expected to understand the fundamentals of tackling. It really looks bad out there.

Couple that with the hands of stone syndrome that struck the defense yesterday and they are lucky.

Other side now. What the f*ck was that throw by Dalton that hit Whit (I think) ?? I didn't hear an explanation for that.

I just assumed the explaination would consist of silence and shaking of heads when asked.

That being said, he's still not the largest problem facing this team and some of those throws were things of beauty.

I need to see more beauty and less ugly. It's frustrating seeing those amazing throws followed by flying abortions.

Jeremy Hill was very good yesterday. I would complain about Burkhead not getting more touches, but Hill had a great day.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but had AJ not lined up offsides, that's 3 passing TD's on the day for Andy.

Couple that with the inability to catch a ball that hits the defense in the hands and this is another game that should have been a blowout.

This team makes too many freakin' mistakes and I can only hope that as people start to get healthy, this figures itself out.

Other side now. What the f*ck was that throw by Dalton that hit Whit (I think) ?? I didn't hear an explanation for that.

I just assumed the explaination would consist of silence and shaking of heads when asked.

The play was a screen to Rex but he got tackled before the ball was thrown (and that probably should have been a penalty on Jax). Dalton was just throwing the ball away but didn't get it over Whit. Good decision, poor execution. Luckily Hill bailed him out with that big run.

The play was a screen to Rex but he got tackled before the ball was thrown (and that probably should have been a penalty on Jax). Dalton was just throwing the ball away but didn't get it over Whit. Good decision, poor execution. Luckily Hill bailed him out with that big run.

There has to be a better way to throw it away than that. Seriously, that was just ridiculous and the kind of sh*t that always keeps heat on him.

You simply can't do things like that and expect to win week in and week out. A play like that is a difference maker most weeks.

I keep hoping to see less of that kind of stuff.

8 games left to play. The Bengals need to win at least 5 of them to have a chance to win the AFCN.

Cleveland

@ New Orleans

@ Houston

@ Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

@ Cleveland

Denver

@ Pittsburgh

I see 5 wins as a doable thing, but it's going to be tough.

If they can manage that or maybe another, they will deserve the AFC North considering that schedule.

Win the games they should and go from there.

There's also an equal shot of totally melting down the last half. Seeing them go 6-2 or as poor as 3-5 wouldn't really surprise me.

Hoping for the upside on that one obviously.

8 games left to play. The Bengals need to win at least 5 of them to have a chance to win the AFCN.

Cleveland

@ New Orleans

@ Houston

@ Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

@ Cleveland

Denver

@ Pittsburgh

I see 5 wins as a doable thing, but it's going to be tough.

If they can manage that or maybe another, they will deserve the AFC North considering that schedule.

Win the games they should and go from there.

There's also an equal shot of totally melting down the last half. Seeing them go 6-2 or as poor as 3-5 wouldn't really surprise me.

Hoping for the upside on that one obviously.

Something as seemingly simple as getting Eifert back into the mix could really shift this entire team. Add that with a consistent Burfict on the defense.

We'll see what happens. As of right now, I see the Steelers as the favorites. Hate to say it, but...

This team makes too many freakin' mistakes and I can only hope that as people start to get healthy, this figures itself out.

Bending but not breaking ....... they're still managing to win so HOPEFULLY they will click soon and stop the penalties, drops, bad plays etc etc and be competitive against the teams they need to be in order to win the AFCN.......and this starts Thurs with Cleveland !!!

Here's today's number: 96.4.

That's Blake Bortles' rating yesterday. And yes, it's a career best.

I know screaming at guys isn't Paulie G's thing, but he might want to give it a go.

He did do that after, I believe the Colts game, and yeah anything is worth a try!

However, I really believe this Jacksonville team will be a force to be reckoned with in the very near future. This HC Bradley is a great defensive mind, and they finally have a QB that seems to be a keeper, and a very young and talented team.

The fact that they were ranked up there on red zone defense, and had only given up 4 TDs in the last 3 games, speaks well, to the Bengals offense yesterday, despite the blunders.

The opposing team is trying to do everything they can to counteract everything the opponent is doing. Maybe more credit to Bortles?

After all, when Dalton has a great rating we don't usually blame a bad defense, on the opponent. Many at twitter and Jungle Noise will credit the team around him or say his rating wasn't good enough, but very seldom blame a bad defense.

Just saying.

Too me the same guys on defense last year that made them good are struggling big time. Last year there tackling was great never let the other team get by, this time there tackling is awful I see guys not wrapping up they are just bouncing off guys. It's so frustrating to watch this team, as they went from too 5 defense, to what they are today. This defense needs to find a way to be great, for them to go anywhere.

Is it too early to mention that if the Bengals do by chance make it to the big dance, it looks like it'll be........Dalton versus the guy traitor he replaced?

or if Dalton is injured.........the guy whose injury made the Palmer trade theft of Raider's draft picks possible vs Palmer?

*disney's "its a small world after all" plays on continuous loop in the background*

The opposing team is trying to do everything they can to counteract everything the opponent is doing. Maybe more credit to Bortles?

I would give more credit to Bortles if his day hadn't been helped tremendously by Newman and Lamur. Together they should have picked him three or four times. If they do that this game is a rout and Bortles' rating is about 2. But no, as is too often the case, the Bengals have to make a rookie QB look like a Hall of Famer and as a result the game is way closer than it needed to be. If not for the one pick they did get, they might have lost.

Bottom line IMO is that guys have to get back to making plays. They were doing that in the first few weeks but now they are literally allowing opportunities to slip through their fingers.

I would give more credit to Bortles if his day hadn't been helped tremendously by Newman and Lamur. Together they should have picked him three or four times. If they do that this game is a rout and Bortles' rating is about 2. But no, as is too often the case, the Bengals have to make a rookie QB look like a Hall of Famer and as a result the game is way closer than it needed to be. If not for the one pick they did get, they might have lost.

Bottom line IMO is that guys have to get back to making plays. They were doing that in the first few weeks but now they are literally allowing opportunities to slip through their fingers.

They seem to have a handle on the penalties, that only leaves fundamental tackling, turnovers and getting the take aways like you mentioned.

If they can keep penalties in check, tackle, and get give aways and take aways in line, I think they can make a run, despite the injuries and blunders.