Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see them playing down to the Jags. Then a huge prime time game against the Browns, maybe the first one since 1990.

The Bengals need to be sitting at 6-2-1 going into the back stretch that has them playing 5 of 7 on the road. At NO, at Houston, at Cleveland, and at Pitt with Denver at home in there. If they can go 4-3 in that stretch, they should win the AFCN.

I said this team was dead last week and luckily they're making my prediction look silly. Good.

Let's get Green and Eifert back and see what they can do.

I anticipate a gradual recovery from the 0-2-1 stretch we just emerged from, which is to say I think this game will be closer than it should be. I think this defense can have a pick-me-up game against a talent-deprived Jags offense (though Bortles and a couple decent receivers should be taken seriously). I worry about the offense every week though with the injuries. Getting AJ back would certainly be nice, more to free up Sanu and Little/Tate/Sanzenbacher than anything else. Dalton has had to throw every ball into tight coverage since separation is hard to come by with three big receivers gone.

Maybe Bernard can have a big day.

AJ is saying he's playing against the Jags, but we will see what happens.

I don't want to see him come back early and then be out against a Browns team that is going to play us tough.

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the league and haven't won a game on the road this season.

Bortles (while I think he will be good) has thrown 12 picks so far and wasn't starting at the beginning of the season.

I simply think this is a game the Bengals dominate at home, but they can't go into it thinking that way.

I think they need to make Bortles beat them plain and simple.

Jumping out in front of them is always a good thing as well.

If that happens, they blow them out.

Don't know what the numbers are, but in my experience, the Bengals record against rookies is absolutely sub-par. I hope they're dissecting all the film they can get on Bortles. He's got a great arm and is hugely talented. Of course there are the frequent comparisons to Big Ben, who we know can give us fits. I had them losing this one in my preseason prediction, but will call a win now. Bortles and the Jags have had some very rough games the past few weeks...

Jags defense is still pretty good. Force Bortles into making mistakes early and often and they will win. Give Bortles all day to throw I'm sure he will pick apart the secondary like other teams have. Just don't sleep on the Jags, it's the NFL you never know, so just go out and win!

I'm not half as concerned about Bortles as I am about RB Denard Robinson. The Bengals run defense has been abysmal and Robinson has been en fuego the last two weeks: 40 attempts, 235 yards. That's 5.9 yards a run. If he gets going it could be a long day. Fortunately the Jags' defense isn't that formidable...but neither is ours. Don't be surprised if this becomes a shootout.

Jags secondary takes another hit: CB Will Blackmon out indefinitely after breaking a finger.

Already without veteran Alan Ball because of a bicep injury, the team announced today that Will Blackmon, the team's nickel cornerback, sustained a broken index finger in Sunday's loss to Miami and is out indefinitely.

Blackmon, who turned 30 today, said surgery remains a consideration and "hopefully" the injury isn't a four-week deal. The Jaguars play at Indianapolis in 27 days following games against Cincinnati and Dallas and the bye week.

If Ball stays on the sideline with Blackmon, the Jaguars' top three cornerbacks would all be second-year players: Demetrius McCray, Dwayne Gratz and Jeremy Harris.

/>http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-10-27/jaguars-cb-will-blackmon-out-broken-finger

Jags place CB Alan Ball on IR, sign ex-Titan Tommy Campbell.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/jaguars-sign-tommie-campbell-place-alan-ball-on-injured-reserve/

If the oline can keep the Jags' pass-rush off of Dalton, he ought to have a field day.

I'm just worried about the LB core now. Last year Vinny Rey looked good this year, he just looks bad. They need a leader out there, and so far not sure if they have that. From what I've seen these guys can't get off blocks or make a tackle. Hopefully it does not hurt them the next couple weeks, but I want to see the back ups step up there game. I wouldn't mind seeing Nico Johnson on more plays then just goaline, just want to see if he can get off blocks, and tackle someone.