Ravens @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

going to go another angle on this metal splurge..... instrumental only.

so, as you consider the finer intricacies of whether the Bengals D can withstand the Ravens offense, I present for your unabated consumption, Karma to Burn:

/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QGFc9QdNh8

and

/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGVy_tmOoE

sample many more, as all their songs are numbers, and there are no messy lyrics to get in the way of enjoying the delicious metal therein.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injury report looking up. Only DNP's were Green and Whit, and Whit was just getting his usual day off. Gio, Hall and Boling were limited but Boling was just rested. Everyone else was full go, including Burfict, Lamur and Thompson. Only definite out for Sunday so far is FNR.

Also notable: the Bengals have announced a sellout. Isn't it funny how now that the feds have removed the cover of "it's the FCC's rule!" the games are suddenly getting sold out without the usual "sky is falling" act from Hobs? :lol:

Red Fang still dominating all it surveys. I'm countering with Amon Amarth's Cry of the Blackbirds set to a Lord of the Rings battle. Get your nerd on!

Oh please. If you want to get your nerd on baby, nothing beats

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYUtTTPXPm0

Soundgarden- Slaves and Bulldozers

I'm pulling out the big guns. I don't know if I could even counter after this.

/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEM-1kKcg7g

/>http://youtu.be/iFca32_7YUU

Roll with that, then bounce through the others....

Keeping on topic, bengals win this game 23-21. Jeremy Hill breaks out with 150 total yards, as Gio nurses his ribs.

Soundgarden- Slaves and Bulldozers

I'm pulling out the big guns. I don't know if I could even counter after this.

Well, if we are going to go back to 1991, allow me to counter with a little known thrash band favorite of mine.

Once I left Germany, this is the direction I was going with my musical tastes.

While I was a hair band junkie (FOR REAL) I had moved in a heavier and faster direction.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDD3GuYpeqE

Still think the Bengals lose regardless of how much the music contained in this thread pumps me up.

Science teaches us that if you listen to some heavy kick ass rock you will be held in high regard by your colleagues, and your NFL team will arise from the ashes and smite jackass wife beating idiots from Maryland. Caution! Sasquatch is a band not to be trifled with. If you bail 40 seconds into this thing, they will come to your house and steal your aluminum siding and gutters, take it all to the recycling center, then spend all that sweet cash on frivolous beads, trinkets, and lighters with their favorite NASCAR drivers on them. If, on the other hand, you carry your balls around in a wheelbarrow and you make it through this whole song, you will ascend to Mt. Olympus where you will be feted by the Gods and asked to give a speech explaining how a mere mortal like yourself came to be such a complete carnivorous savage.

Sir, I see Sasquatch heavy groove and raise you.... to a level that will require your willful submission to the dominant bass line and epic storytelling contained herein. I present Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog

/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk

be frightened not

I knew there was a reason I liked you guys.

"Hey Gandolf, nice dress !!!"

Loved the video. It reminded me of being a private in the Army when I was stationed in Germany at age 19 with no drinking age.

Good times !!!

If I were stationed in Germany at the same time you were, I suspect we would have done some damage. Early Army days, work hard, play hard. Later Army days, power point hard, catch up on sleep in free time.

I loved those times in Germany.

19 years old, no drinking age, single, no bills and buddies in the same situation. We pooled our money together and felt like oil tycoons.

Rent the luxury BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's and so forth and take trips all over Europe. Get out on the autobahn prior to speed limits and simply tear shit up all over Europe. It was really maddening when looking back at it. I still can't believe none of died in all the shit we got into. Red light district in Nurnberg, Octoberfest in Munich, trips to Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy. Pure chaos with a bunch of young kids with money to burn, no drinking age, and legalized prostitution.

In regards to that music video? Yeah, watched it a few times now.

I have a wife, kids, and responsibilities in life, but I don't think i'll ever grow up.

Dick and fart jokes still make me laugh and having an 8 and 3 year old boys don't help.

BEST pregame chatter thread ever !!!

Go Bengals !!!

Epic!!!

Science teaches us that if you listen to some heavy kick ass rock you will be held in high regard by your colleagues, and your NFL team will arise from the ashes and smite jackass wife beating idiots from Maryland. Caution! Sasquatch is a band not to be trifled with. If you bail 40 seconds into this thing, they will come to your house and steal your aluminum siding and gutters, take it all to the recycling center, then spend all that sweet cash on frivolous beads, trinkets, and lighters with their favorite NASCAR drivers on them. If, on the other hand, you carry your balls around in a wheelbarrow and you make it through this whole song, you will ascend to Mt. Olympus where you will be feted by the Gods and asked to give a speech explaining how a mere mortal like yourself came to be such a complete carnivorous savage.

Sir, I see Sasquatch heavy groove and raise you.... to a level that will require your willful submission to the dominant bass line and epic storytelling contained herein. I present Red Fang - Prehistoric Dog

/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk

be frightened not

I knew there was a reason I liked you guys.

"Hey Gandolf, nice dress !!!"

Loved the video. It reminded me of being a private in the Army when I was stationed in Germany at age 19 with no drinking age.

Good times !!!

If I were stationed in Germany at the same time you were, I suspect we would have done some damage. Early Army days, work hard, play hard. Later Army days, power point hard, catch up on sleep in free time.

I loved those times in Germany.

19 years old, no drinking age, single, no bills and buddies in the same situation. We pooled our money together and felt like oil tycoons.

Rent the luxury BMW's, Mercedes, Audi's and so forth and take trips all over Europe. Get out on the autobahn prior to speed limits and simply tear shit up all over Europe. It was really maddening when looking back at it. I still can't believe none of died in all the shit we got into. Red light district in Nurnberg, Octoberfest in Munich, trips to Portugal, Spain, France, and Italy. Pure chaos with a bunch of young kids with money to burn, no drinking age, and legalized prostitution.

In regards to that music video? Yeah, watched it a few times now.

I have a wife, kids, and responsibilities in life, but I don't think i'll ever grow up.

Dick and fart jokes still make me laugh and having an 8 and 3 year old boys don't help.

BEST pregame chatter thread ever !!!

Go Bengals !!!

Epic!!!

I could write a book brother. I'm one of those people that can say that if I died right now, i've lived a full life.

I pulled my 3 year old out of the bath last night and he farted real loud and then just started laughing saying, "Did you hear that Daddy ??".

My wife just shook her head while I was laughing endlessly. Nope, never going to grow up.

never going to grow up.

as my brother and I say ......"we may be getting older but we just refuse to grow up!"

Yea if dosnt see many snaps or is inactivate, the Ravens will play close to the line just waiting for the runs and screens

I expect them to do that anyhow. Even if Green is out there he won't be 100% and they know that. The key for the offense will be to execute, something they didn't do last week. I've watched a good number of plays thanks to all the vines getting thrown up on twitter and they actually had some good plays called. They just flubbed getting it done. Two examples that stood out for me:

One is a run by Gio over RG/RT. Moobs and Gresham are lined up on the right side. At the snap, Moobs is supposed to chip the DE, who then becomes Gresham's responsibility to block, and move into the gap Gio is going to run through and take on the linebacker. Ball is snapped, Smith chips his man, Gresham takes over -- but as Smith disengages the DE gives him a shove and Moobs just faceplants into the turf. He makes a feeble grab as the LB literally runs over him to fill the hole and Bernard is tackled for no gain. If Smith stays on his feet and just makes solid contact with his man, Gio has a big hole in the middle to run through and plenty of green in front of him.

Then there was a second run. Gio is lined up as the lone back in the backfield to Dalton's right. The play is a run to the left. At the snap, the entire line is going to block left. However, lined up at the extreme right is a Colts defender that no one blocks at the snap. He comes around free and is basically a step behind Bernard when he gets the handoff from Andy and is immediately tackled in the backfield. Either someone on the oline blew an assignment or Andy misread the D and should have audibled to a different play.

If they get their heads screwed on straight, they'll be fine. But they can't afford the mistakes they made on the field last week.

Oh yeah, Red Fang throws it down. Very few bands today appeal to me but they strike the proper tone and theme to how they rock that gets my attention.

The music is solid and the videos are hysterical.

Agree there isn't much today that appeals to me either.

Every here and there something hits, but it's usually just a song or two without much else after that.

It all sounds like something i've heard before. Even Sasquatch (while I like it) sounds a lot like Soundgarden to me.

I think it's rare to see a band with a unique sound these days and there haven't been many that struck that chord with me.

I remember when Pantera came out and absolutely destroyed everything. Saw them open for Priest in 1991 and it was just sick.

Another band that hit me that way was Rage Against the Machine. Caught them a couple of times and it was always just ridiculous.

You know what else would be ridiculous ?? Seeing the Bengals win this Sunday. I think if they draw from their inner Red Fang, they could pull off the win.

Granted, i'm not expecting that outcome, but I would be going apeshit crazy watching it happen !!!

Just coming up for air having immersed myself in K2B, thanks to Willy for tipping me to that band, loving it. Army, re Pantera, I know the guy who shot the guy who shot Dimebag during that Damageplan attack at the Alrosa in Comumbus, just a horrific scene. My buddy is a Cols police officer and walked in on a horrific scene.

Unfortunately LNR has pretty much sucked donkey balls this year. FNR has his own problems but he's been the better player.

LNR has shown me more that FNR despite far fewer game snaps

More snaps = more experience = better LNR

That said, pretty much the entire defense has sucked giant bloated zombie donkey balls of late. we went from feast to famine REAL quick