Ravens @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just the anti-Dalton thought process or those that feel he's the next best thing.

It's the constant adding of him to any conversation.

Want to know why passing TD's are down and rushing TD's are up ??

Simple, take a look at who's injured and who's not.

Green, Jones, and Eifert being out would be devastating to most teams.

Damn you Dalton.

Look, i've said all along that he has things to improve upon heading into this season. The biggest knock on him was that huge write up about him being one of the worst under pressure. He sure hasn't looked like a QB that wilts with players in his face to this point. Improvement, no ?? He needed to cut down on interceptions as well right ?? He's only thrown 4 to this point and it could be argued that at least two had nothing to do with him. I like to see things going better with that. I made the comment myself that I wanted to see him run the ball more and thanks to last week, he has two rushing TD's. Look how many starting running backs only have 2 or 3. I'm happy with that as well.

What about our defense ?? No outrage there ?? We are talking about a healthy unit that game up 33 TOTAL points in the first three games, resulting in wins. We get hit with injuries to Thompson and the entire linebacking corps and they proceed to give up 107 TOTAL points in the next three games, resulting in a 0-2-1 record. No thoughts to a defense that can't get off the field affecting things ??

The way I see it is this is a team, despite the injuries many would rather not acknowledge, that has overcome challenges and is still in first place in the division (2-0 in the division). They have had to adjust how they go about doing things on both sides of the ball and while there are obvious downgrades to some of those players, they have held it together to this point.

If someone wishes to place this all on Dalton from either a good or poor perspective, then that's fine. You're just wrong.

I don't think anyone is putting anything on just Dalton. I simply was saying that it's crazy how he only has 6 TDs so far when last year he was breaking records. I personally could care less how they score TDs. The guys who complain about Dalton are the ones who have since day one, but who cares it's there opinion on him and I respect what people say. Go look at Twitter if you want to see Dalton bashing, it's actually very mild in here compared to what certain guys on twitter have to say. Either way not complaining just think it's crazy that's all.

I wasn't putting that to any one person or another, just a general statement so no issues.

I also agree that it's far worse in other places than here at Bengalszone.

According to some here, there IS no Dalton bashing anywhere else, including the media. The only 'bashing' that goes on is the deserving truth about him.

Yeah I know opinions are like hind ends, everyone has one, and I'll respect anyone's right to believe anything they want, (example; 2+2=5), but I'm not going to respect what (2+2=5) they believe if it's not true.