Gresham on the Block?

HoosierCat

So says Ian Rapoport.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/10/19/7002911/report-bengals-jermaine-gresham-nfl-trade-deadline

I'm thinking the Bengals could get at least three plugged nickels for him...maybe even a six of near beer from some really desperate team.

I don't like Gresham all that much (as a player and no I don't think he's a villian) but the timing of this is idiotic.

If Eifert is full go and they had another decent TE to backfill, then take a look at what you could get.

However, that's not the case. Eifert hasn't played since the elbow injury and they have what else after him?

I guess this is there way of letting him know that one way or another he won't be coming back to the Bengals.

Can't say as I will think twice about that either.

I don't like Gresham all that much (as a player and no I don't think he's a villian) but the timing of this is idiotic.

If Eifert is full go and they had another decent TE to backfill,..........

It's going to take Eifert a game or two to get back to full match fitness, ...plus without Eifert he'd be the only credible TE threat we'd have so easier for opposing D's to scheme to negate his effectiveness.

Also with the Bengals luck this year they'd trade Gresham and then Eifert would get re-injured in his return game ... some sort of season ending testicular injury incurred in the locker room just before kick-off

Eifert is at the moment looking like another incarnation of Chrissy Perry, Brandon Ghee, or Sean Porter

if a player can't stay healthy, he cant help the team, no matter how talented he is

If they choose to keep Eifert around, they will always have to sacrifice an extra roster spot to TE to have an "insurance" TE for when (not if) Eifert goes down

You can't trade away a your only experienced TE when he's out (which appears to be most of the time)

Doesnt help that Alex Smith also got hurt

Colin Cochart, anyone?

With the trade deadline a week away, i'm interested to see what happens with this or anything else for that matter.

I was looking at our unrestricted FA's for next year to see if there was someone else that stood out in a possible move, but there's not much.

Gresham

Maualuga

Newman

Boling

Campbell

Nugent

Sanzenbacher

Peerman

Tate

Newhouse

Mays

Alex Smith

and Greg Little

Gresham is the only one of those that might garner some attention, but I still can't say as it would be the smartest move to let him go now.

Unless someone is offering a 4th or better (yeah right) let him play the season out and walk. Look for the 2016 comp pick at that point.

I just don't see trading him now, hurting the TE spot, and getting a late round (6 or 7) pick next year as helping them win.

They would be better off trying to trade one of the MANY unrestricted FA's in 2016.

I'm still wondering how they plan on paying all of the WR's coming due ??

Green is still waiting and probably will continue to do so.

Sanzenbacher and Tate are both up next year, but not the biggest of concerns.

However, both Sanu and Marvin Jones are up the following year with a ton of other starters.

I see the WR spot as one of those "you can't pay them all" positions.

I know the cap will continue to rise, but not so much to be able to justify that kind of money at the position.

Injuries are killing them at that spot right now and makes it impossible to move anyone, but i'm just saying is all...

With the trade deadline a week away, i'm interested to see what happens with this or anything else for that matter.

I was looking at our unrestricted FA's for next year to see if there was someone else that stood out in a possible move, but there's not much.

Gresham

Maualuga

Newman

Boling

Campbell

Nugent

Sanzenbacher

Peerman

Tate

Newhouse

Mays

Alex Smith

and Greg Little

Gresham is the only one of those that might garner some attention, but I still can't say as it would be the smartest move to let him go now.

Unless someone is offering a 4th or better (yeah right) let him play the season out and walk. Look for the 2016 comp pick at that point.

I just don't see trading him now, hurting the TE spot, and getting a late round (6 or 7) pick next year as helping them win.

They would be better off trying to trade one of the MANY unrestricted FA's in 2016.

Sanzenbacher performs when they play him; they just never play him. I'd rather see him returning punts then Tate! I had the same thoughts for Hawkins when he was here. Most fans wanted him gone. Well he's gone and doing well in Cleveland; he'd be a great asset for us now! Instead, we're stuck with Little! I said it before the season started and I'll say it again. we did nothing in Free Agency to help our cause and now it's hurting us. We lost Johnson and now we could be using him! If Dalton goes down, we're totally screwed! I'm still a Peko follower, he's always been and still is a run stopper. The guy comes to play every game and never takes plays off or gets hurt. Peko has 13 tackles and 1 sack so far. Burfict 14 tackles zero sacks, Atkins 3 tackles half a sack, Maualuga 9 takles, zero sacks, Nelson 28 tackles and 1.5 sacks. So those of you Peko haters, get off his jock!!!