A. Jones to Return?

gregcook68

The issue with Jones returning is that he's arguably our best CB right now and they don't want to risk him getting hurt.

The counter-argument is that the coaching staff favors vets over rookies and younger players too much, and they've got both Dre and Dennard languishing around on teams. They need to quit babying them, and let Jones return because he's way better at it than Tate.

I can see both sides but am beginning to lean toward the latter argument. They aren't going to win without taking some chances.

Just let Jones take his shots and see where the chips fall.

If he gets dinged doing it, put Dennard in there and let him make it happen.

Two first round CB's with little or no production.

I know we have vets, but still.

I even heard a report about blockers trying harder when they know Adam is back there.

I was like, for real ?? Kind of shitty and good at the same time.

Just let Jones take his shots and see where the chips fall.

If he gets dinged doing it, put Dennard in there and let him make it happen.

Two first round CB's with little or no production.

I know we have vets, but still.

I even heard a report about blockers trying harder when they know Adam is back there.

I was like, for real ?? Kind of shitty and good at the same time.

Actually Army, from a 'mental' standpoint, I think it's right on point. I think, under ordinary circumstances, teams tend to 'step up' and motivate when certain players are on the field.

I think we normally see that when Burfict is on the field, and has his head right, although Sunday was definitely an exception to that.

The fact that he is not back there all of the time is pathetic.

At the least every other return. Hopefully, Dennard will be getting more snaps and that will free up Pacman as the return guy.

Jones isn't the 'starting' CB is he? I thought it was Newman and Hall?

That's what I thought too.

Jones is the starting nickel corner, and the nickel is pretty much the base D now in Cincy. Through week 6 he's played about 68% of defensive snaps.

The fact that he is not back there all of the time is pathetic.

At the least every other return. Hopefully, Dennard will be getting more snaps and that will free up Pacman as the return guy.

Jones isn't the 'starting' CB is he? I thought it was Newman and Hall?

That's what I thought too.

Jones is the starting nickel corner, and the nickel is pretty much the base D now in Cincy. Through week 6 he's played about 68% of defensive snaps.

So that means he should be returning kicks at least 32% of the time.