Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts are going to kick the crap out of the Bengals next week.

If the Bengals somehow find a way to win that game I will be more surprised than watching Nugget shank the game winner Sunday.

Seriously though, for how mad I am at Nugget, he's the least of this team's concerns at this point in time.

Injuries + no defense = bad news.

Colts- 45

Bengals- 17

The Colts are going to kick the crap out of the Bengals next week.

If the Bengals somehow find a way to win that game I will be more surprised than watching Nugget shank the game winner Sunday.

Seriously though, for how mad I am at Nugget, he's the least of this team's concerns at this point in time.

Injuries + no defense = bad news.

Colts- 45

Bengals- 17

Yea defense giving up over 1000 yards in two weeks, yep ill say Nugent is the least of there worries.

The way I figure it is this: it's a great opportunity to let it all hang out.

I haven't looked at the line on the game but I'm sure the Colts will be favored. No one will expect the Bengals to win, not the way their D has been "playing" the last couple weeks. And even though the Bengals put up 37 last weekend, no one will have any confidence is Andy Dalton successfully trading touchdowns with Andrew Luck, especially with AJ Green on the sidelines.

So the Bengals get the underdog role, in which they always seem to play better. Losing Maualuga and Lamur doesn't really phase me. I've seen people say that losing First Name Rey will hurt our run defense, to which my reply is, what run defense? We're 28th in the league. Put in Last Name Rey. Put in DiManche. Rush the passer all day long. Not like we will be able to stop the Indy running game anyhow so may as well beat the crap out of the golden neckbeard child.

On offense, fuggit, time to go back to the Gruden/Bratkowsi game plan: throw it 50, 60 70 times! Like up five wide and everyone go long. Andy will throw 5 TDs and 5 picks and we'll lose by 30 but at least it'll be a fun game.

Yeah, it would be nice to get Zeitler back, the run game is better with him in there. But he practiced last week too and didn't end up active.

I don't think anyone is expecting a win this weekend. All confidence in the defense has completely collapsed. The last two weeks, they have looked like they lack horses on the field and savvy on the sideline. Not a good combination.

Hard to have any confidence in a defense that needed to make one stop to win a game and they couldn't. Ill be very suprised if they can stop the colts at all

I agree. The one thing about Sunday that did suprise me about the Pathers was them allowing Cam to option as much as he did. I wasn't expecting him to run. It didn't look like the Bengals were either.

Shame on you guys. What has happened that you've lost all faith? Dalton is a stud. We can run the ball, and play keep away. Luck is phenomenal, but does turn it over. The fans have the same problem as the team. We have to learn to deal with an excellent team. We should have won last week. 100%. Atkins will get healthier each week. Then the D will get better.

Bengals 20

Colts 10

Don't get me wrong, I haven't lost faith in this team and fully expect them to make the playoffs yet again.

I simply think the combination of recent poor play, injuries, and a very good Colts team at home will prove too much to handle.

If they weren't so banged up, I might give it more thought, but that's not the situation.

I'll say it like this, if they can't get a good pass rush on Luck, it's going to be a very long day.

I'm still hoping for the best, but can't even commit to watching the game live.

I will DVR it, get some work done around the house before it gets cold and watch later while zooming through commercials.

Go Bengals, don't lose.

If the defense can find a way to play like they did before ill have more faith, but it's tough to have faith in them when they can't make one stop for a win.

Defense dosnt play well it seems they don't win, so I'm just hoping they get back to playing tough defense and running the ball.

This is kind of neat: tracking the playoff implications of every game:

/>http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-playoff-implications-of-every-game-for-every-nfl-team/

Right now, the Bengals have a 71.4% chance of making the playoffs. If they win, that goes up 11.3 points. If they lose, it goes down 7.5.

Obviously we're rooting for Jax and Atlanta.

A Cincy win also increases Houston's chances of making the playoffs and reduces KC and SD's.