Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

HoosierCat

Dude, Peko comes to play every game and is never hurt nor does he take any plays off!!

I understand why y'all feel the way you do, so I won't spend a great deal of energy speaking to the contrary. It's hard to feel any positivity about a team that just got shut out.

But I don't think the season is over. Not yet.

Of course it's not over and of course we're all still fans. The biggest problem I have with the injury excuse is that it's so, so, so easy to use in football for manipulating what is a realistic picture. I hope that if this season tanks, which I think anything less than the playoffs is...that the FO can objectively look at moves that need to be made. Simply, so this doesn't happen again next season.

I like Peko. I like Hall. But they are not starters. I could go on and on for some of the other dead weight.

But if this team gets gashed AGAIN next week...with healthy players, then what?

I didn't say that. What I'm saying is he's not very good.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were so many things wrong in the last few games, it is easy to be overwhelmed. An x-NFL player once told me that the pros see the league in three game stretches. When NE destroyed us in game 4, that tells you the Pats coaches and players found the recipe to defeat the Bengals game plan. That Pats cooked it up and served it out. Now, you see the next two teams taking a page out of that recipe book. I expect the Bengals to make adjustments and come out with a 2-1 or 3-0 record in the next three games. Could they be 0-3? Sure. Especially considering how decimated their number 1s are on offense and defense.

There were so many things wrong in the last few games, it is easy to be overwhelmed. An x-NFL player once told me that the pros see the league in three game stretches. When NE destroyed us in game 4, that tells you the Pats coaches and players found the recipe to defeat the Bengals game plan. That Pats cooked it up and served it out. Now, you see the next two teams taking a page out of that recipe book. I expect the Bengals to make adjustments and come out with a 2-1 or 3-0 record in the next three games. Could they be 0-3? Sure. Especially considering how decimated their number 1s are on offense and defense.

Ironically, the Bengals will probably find themselves in the position of being either being in first place with a win next week, or in last place with a loss.

The game this week against the Ravens is HUGE. With a win, the stage is set to come out of this stretch at 6-2-1 with the next games at home against Jax and Cleveland.

Just as in the first game against the Ravens, this next game will be telling going forward.

I don't expect them to win this Sunday. I expect them to get pounded. However, I've been wrong in the past and I hope I'm wrong again.

On the Offensive injuries:

Ryan Hewitt does not equal Alex Mack in run blocking

Sanu does not equal AJ Green in talent or skill

Tate does not equal Sanu in talent or skill

Gresham does not equal Tyler Eifert in speed

An Injured Zeitler does not equal a Healthy Zeitler

VET Day Rest Boling is simply STUPID

--------

Defensive Issues and Injuries:

Obviously Atkins is not Atkins

No Left Tackle in the league fears a Robert Geather pass rush

Devon Still played his best game of his career against the Colts but it wasn`t good enough.

Now we know why Rey Maulaluga is so important to the LB core... everyone else sucks behind him.

The secondary can`t expect to defend every possible receiver for 5 seconds every play.

I only saw Taylor Mays involved in two plays. So much for the "next man up".

One more thing about Robert Geathers... He is keeping Margus Hunt and Will Clark from getting into the game. What does that tell you about Margus Hunt and Will Clark???

Quite possibly the same thing that keeping Dennard behind Hall and Newman has shown. All is not what it seems.

I suggest if you have NFL game rewind to go watch some of the effort givin by some guys. Sure injuries are killing this team, but so is the effort by some guys playing today. Even with key guys out no way should a team look this bad if they are all giving 100%. The o-line was a joke I have not seen them look this bad ever, if Andre Smith actually tried blocking someone today maybe Andy would have time to throw. If the bengals once maybe tried to cover a RB in the flat, or got off there blocks, or actually tried pushing back they could stop somebody.

No way every player on this team gave 100%, and it shows. Guys get injured all the time other guys though need to step up, and bengals proved today they didnt. This team is not that bad, but today they should be embarrassed with the amount of effort put in this game!

I suggest if you have NFL game rewind to go watch some of the effort givin by some guys. Sure injuries are killing this team, but so is the effort by some guys playing today. Even with key guys out no way should a team look this bad if they are all giving 100%. The o-line was a joke I have not seen them look this bad ever, if Andre Smith actually tried blocking someone today maybe Andy would have time to throw. If the bengals once maybe tried to cover a RB in the flat, or got off there blocks, or actually tried pushing back they could stop somebody.

No way every player on this team gave 100%, and it shows. Guys get injured all the time other guys though need to step up, and bengals proved today they didnt. This team is not that bad, but today they should be embarrassed with the amount of effort put in this game!

^^^^this

Wrong guy is coaching this team if you want accountability for poor effort on the field.

marvin excuses such things.

Team saw that once again when Nugent kept his job.

I am sure we will hear today from Marvin how they just didn't "execute" as if there was somehow an acceptable gameplan in place.

They got blown off the ball on both LOS all day. That isn't scheme. That is effort. And that is emblematic of a team where the players in key positions have gotten comfortable and don't fear for their jobs.

Marvin Lewis is not doing his job.

Yea I agree Marvin needs to do something show some kind of power that this shit is not going to stand.

It shows look at that clip that Shula posted of Newman not even trying to tackle a guy.

Watch Andre Smith not even moving when the ball is snapped half the time, and just whiffing on blocks.

The tape will tell not everyone is giving there complete effort, and guys like that should be benched for players who want to play. At least yesterday, he should have sat some of these guys for there pathetic play.

This is Marvin's wheelhouse. Playing as the underdog. The team will probably respond more than likely. What Marvin doesn't do well is sustain success. That's his weak point.

I do agree that players weren't giving a full effort. There was a lot of lazy pathetic play yesterday. As of now this team had taken a nose dive into mediocrity. I'm looking at 7-8-1 with the schedule coming up.

Planned on a DVR record and watch after getting housework done and came to find that I failed to record the game.

It was a bonus of some sorts. I got a ton of work done around the house and didn't have to waste my time watching what I knew was going to happen.

As I was coming up from the basement for a break, I happened to catch a series in the 2nd quarter I think.

It consisted of seeing Gio almost get killed and then come back on the field only to get blasted again.

I have no idea how he's doing, but it he HAS to be hurting today.

That was all I saw and it was enough.

I was thinking the Bengals would take this loss and get some guys back to help coming back home next week against the Ravens.

Sadly, I think they take a beating at home Sunday. This team simply has too many injuries and from what i've read, no heart.

Can we lobby the league for another bye week ??

They're just not that good. I spent the whole offseason saying this bit about them being this super bowl caliber squad being held back by QB play was BS. They have a lot of issues and injuries are making them worse.

Ah! Boarding time...

They're just not that good. I spent the whole offseason saying this bit about them being this super bowl caliber squad being held back by QB play was BS. They have a lot of issues and injuries are making them worse.

Ah! Boarding time...

Well, the coaches certainly believed they were being held back by quarterback play. The revamped the offense to compensate for our QB's shortcomings. Super quick reads, get the ball out fast, don't leave him under pressure to go through downfield progressions. In fact Andy's number 1 in the league in how quick the ball comes out.

They basically took what he was good at, and tried to eliminate what he wasn't good at. So what's the problem? The stuff he was good at worked, in part, because of the threat of the other stuff. Now we changed the offense, our two best receivers get hurt, and the defenses are sitting on the run game, tight end throws, and those screens. The results are not pretty.

Dalton supporters can roll out his stat sheets or whatever all they want. I have eyes. The Bengals coaches have eyes. Trying to gameplan around the things Dalton can't do are making it very difficult for Dalton to do the things he can do. If you have an incomplete player at a key position like quarterback, this league is pretty efficient at exploiting that.

Hue Jackson has a huge challenge ahead with our smashed-up receiver corps, our offense that he himself put the training wheels on, and most of all, an o-line that can't seem to make reads (handed the center job to a rookie) or block. I almost couldn't believe the number of defenders that seemed to go wherever they wanted on the field yesterday. Our back or TE would catch a pass, turn, and get trucked. Time, after time, after time.

Hue Jackson said I should have run the ball more, yes Hue you should have. Not sure the difference it would have made since your o-line can't seem to push guys off the ball. Only way they can win at this point is by running the ball and keeping the defense on the sideline.

Hue Jackson said I should have run the ball more, yes Hue you should have. Not sure the difference it would have made since your o-line can't seem to push guys off the ball. Only way they can win at this point is by running the ball and keeping the defense on the sideline.

The Ravens will stack the box Sunday until Dalton can loosen them up. Still, the running game should be top priority this week. Getting Green back will help.

First, sorry doesn't typos but these hazmat suits make typing on a phone a real bear. COB, they aren't getting the ball out quick because of dalton, they're doing that because the oline sucks donkey balls. As for doing something other than throwing short, all our downfield threats are hurt. They tried to make sanu that guy against Indy and all they did was take him away from the slot where he plays best.