Burfict

gregcook68

Little bit of a non-update update on Burfict.

http://espn.go.com/b...ue-juggling-act

Given that the Bengals are usually eager to tout good rehab news at this time of year (so-and-so is "ahead of schedule," etc.) this only increases my fears that we may never see the guy on the field again. Or if we do, he'll be a shadow of his former self.

Perhaps it's just too early to tell?? (I know nothing of the procedure or recovery regime in such instances)

IF it was bad news then the Bengals would be very well aware of it and would have pursued LB more fervently in Free Agency (other than AJ Hawk) ??

I guess only time will tell but an indication will be what happens in the rest of FA and the importance of the pick up of a LB in the draft. Although Marvin has said he hopes no draftee has to make an impact this year .... perhaps that's a positive indication of Burficts recovery or perhaps Marv will have to eat his words.

??????

I would love to be wrong on this, but even the few minutes he did play last year, he was just a shell. I expect that to be the case this year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be wrong on this, but even the few minutes he did play last year, he was just a shell. I expect that to be the case this year.

Concussions suck and that was the bigger part of his play hurting last season.

My larger concern at this point is the knee.

If he doesn't play (which is still up in the air) or doesn't play as well, it will be because of the knee.

Vonteze needs to learn how to tackle! I don't remembr him doing that his first year, but last year when he played he lead with his helmut all the time.

I agree Vonteze last year when he played was not the same player he was his first year, weather or not it's because he was not right remains to be seen.