Burfict

gregcook68

If they suspend Burfict, it will be overkill.

I don't like it and want it cleaned up, but it's not like he's the first or last player to do this.

Like I said, take the fine and clean it up. Move on and get pumped up for the Colts.

There's a guy on the Monday Night pregame show that made a career out of that stuff. And the NFL idolized him for it.

As for Burfict, it seems like something has changed with him. As if he has reverted to the pre-draft guy that everyone stayed away from. It has me puzzled and concerned.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, I think Burfict simply hated being out of the lineup with the concussion and came back overly amped up to play.

I think he went overboard with his play and he and the team paid the price.

Much of this wouldn't be scrutinized as much had Nugget not missed the game winner.

Enforcer and intimidator quickly turn to cheat when games go this way.

I'm not concerned right now.

I subscribe to Bengal updates and this just came in. I know most could care less about PPF, but they had Burfict allowing 6 pass receptions and one missed tackle.

He is their best tackler and he definitely wasn't on top of his game yesterday.

Also, if you took away the avoidable penalties and all the missed tackles, despite the other defensive woes and the 2 picks, I think the Bengals win in

regulation.

As for Burfict, it seems like something has changed with him. As if he has reverted to the pre-draft guy that everyone stayed away from. It has me puzzled and concerned.

It seems like something has changed with him because something has changed with him. His surrogate father is coaching the Vikings, and Burfict has regressed to the undisciplined flag machine he was in college. Guenther can run the same scheme, have the same guy making the same reads, doesn't matter, he's not Mike Zimmer. That's not to put him down, no one else is Zimmer either.

In all honesty, I think Burfict simply hated being out of the lineup with the concussion and came back overly amped up to play.

That's pretty much what Marvin said. I think Burfict will be fine, assuming his skull stays in one piece.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't go lumping me in with the worstest coach in the whole wide world.

Both sides are right on this one.

A lot of people do things like this. And yes, Burfict IS being targeted by officials. I can't count how many personal fouls have been called on him that were absolute jokes.

On the other side of it, Burfict needs to get it through his thick skull that he's being watched like a hawk. Knock this stuff off and do it now.

A lot of people do things like this. And yes, Burfict IS being targeted by officials. I can't count how many personal fouls have been called on him that were absolute jokes.

On the other side of it, Burfict needs to get it through his thick skull that he's being watched like a hawk. Knock this stuff off and do it now.

Burfict obviously needs some leadership to drive these points home. Michael Johnson had a voice that seemed to guide the personality of the D, sad he's futzing in TB...

Burfict obviously needs some leadership to drive these points home. Michael Johnson had a voice that seemed to guide the personality of the D, sad he's futzing in TB...

Burfict is the leader of the defense.

Even when Burfict was on the field yesterday you could tell he was not right. He was not getting off blocks, getting pushed around just didnt seem himself. I hope he gets better, but maybe it's time to shut him down this year. Once again he really needs to learn to tackle without leading with his head

Even when Burfict was on the field yesterday you could tell he was not right. He was not getting off blocks, getting pushed around just didnt seem himself. I hope he gets better, but maybe it's time to shut him down this year. Once again he really needs to learn to tackle without leading with his head

I agree with this.

dont f around when it comes to these brain injuries. we have some decent LBs who can play... it would be a loss but not any moreso than losing Gino was last year.

• 2 months later...

Saw Coley had a little more detail on what happened in one of his blogs...

Adamant about wanting to play the rest of the season through the pain, Burfict was talked down by doctors and coaches who told him it was best for his career that he shut himself down for a few weeks. Get arthroscopic surgery and have the knee cleaned out, they suggested. If he let the debris settle into his knee, he could be causing himself more harm than good.

So, for the first time in his life, Burfict went under the knife.

The procedure was supposed to only keep him out about two or three weeks, but setbacks occurred. The knee didn't take to the procedure like expected. For three weeks after the surgery Burfict tried to rehab the knee, but it didn't work. When he tested the knee in rehab work before the Week 13 game at Tampa Bay, five weeks after the initial injury, Burfict could barely make it through without limping. He had little explosion and didn't look ready for live action.

Not long after, he was shut down for the season, placed on injured reserve.

That really doesn't sound promising. I'm getting bad flashbacks to Peter Warrick.

Saw Coley had a little more detail on what happened in one of his blogs...

Adamant about wanting to play the rest of the season through the pain, Burfict was talked down by doctors and coaches who told him it was best for his career that he shut himself down for a few weeks. Get arthroscopic surgery and have the knee cleaned out, they suggested. If he let the debris settle into his knee, he could be causing himself more harm than good.

So, for the first time in his life, Burfict went under the knife.

The procedure was supposed to only keep him out about two or three weeks, but setbacks occurred. The knee didn't take to the procedure like expected. For three weeks after the surgery Burfict tried to rehab the knee, but it didn't work. When he tested the knee in rehab work before the Week 13 game at Tampa Bay, five weeks after the initial injury, Burfict could barely make it through without limping. He had little explosion and didn't look ready for live action.

Not long after, he was shut down for the season, placed on injured reserve.

That really doesn't sound promising. I'm getting bad flashbacks to Peter Warrick.

Sounds like memiscus tear. As long as they don't rush, it should heal and he will be fine.

Dehner had a mention recently that further surgery was still under consideration. He seemed to feel that it was more likely to happen than not. If Coley's report is true, I wonder if it isn't Burfict resisting more advice from the team after the first round backfired.

Every time I start to think that the days of our (on) crack med staff are over, something like this pops up.