Panthers @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been impressed by Cam and Carolina's ground game is hurting. So there's that much. And based on my FF results Kelvin Benjamin is a complete waste of a roster spot. If Andy can avoid turning the ball over three times like Cutler did yesterday, the Bengals can win this (assuming the wideouts also hold onto the ball and Gresham isn't expected to contribute anything more than $20 to the teams' Hue Jackson Christmas present fund).

Grrrrrrr and stuff will probably be the prevailing wisdom this week, and I always find that meaningless -- even after what happened in Foxboro last night.

Gameplan, practice, and execute or the Panthers will beat us. Emotions can't overcome ineptitude. That said I do think the Bengals are a better team than the Panthers, so the proper narrative is "take care of business".

Injury updates for today:

Paul Dehner Jr. retweeted

Richard Skinner @nkyskinner · 1h 1 hour ago

Kevin Zeitler not going after limited yesterday. I would guess rest day as he returns from calf injury

Whitworth and Boling getting vet day off. It's been every week for them

Marvin jones in sweats again. No sign of AJ green. Vinny Rey and Pollak back at practice today

IR for the day:

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 8m 8 minutes ago

#Bengals injury report: Limited - Iloka (ab), Maualuga (shoulder), V. Rey (calf). Full: Burfict (concussion), Pollak (knee).

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 9m 9 minutes ago

#Bengals injury report today: DNP - Boling (vet day), Green (toe), M. Jones (ankle), Thompson (knee), Whitworth (vet day), Zeitler (calf)

I wonder if Kirkpatrick gets vet days off...? :lol:

Looks like the final injury tally is in:

Doubtful for Sunday: Thompson, Zeitler.

Questionable: Green, Marvin Jones. As Dehner notes, and I agree, this a BS since they didn't practice a bit. Consider them out.

Probable: Burfict, Iloka, Maualuga, Pollack, Rey

He did a little work on the sideline for the first time this week, so that's a hopeful sign, but it doesn't look like he's coming back any time soon

That's still good news.

I realistically don't see this team being any less than 5-3 at the halfway point. Getting pretty much everyone who is currently out back for Cleveland and beyond. They're in a good position going forward.

The one saving grace is that the Panthers are an injury train wreck too.

Out:

CB Bene Benwikere – Ankle

CB Josh Norman – Concussion

RB DeAngelo Williams – Ankle

Doubtful:

None

Questionable:

DE Charles Johnson – Hip

TE Greg Olsen – Ankle

RB Jonathan Stewart

Probable:

T Byron Bell – Toe

DT Colin Cole – Non-Injury

LB Thomas Davis – Elbow

DT Dwan Edwards – Non-Injury

S Roman Harper – Non-Injury

RB Darrin Reaves – Hip

I'd love to see Green on the field but I also know we can win this game without him. Sanu has proven he can get the job done. Sanzenbacker can get the job done! Our two RB's can get the job done! So, we should win this game if our coaches come up with a good game plan.

Def contains Cam and we win!!! Now that we took our two week Bye weeks, it's time to get back on track. That's right, I said it, we used last week as a bye week too. Because we totally forgot how to prepare and play football. First three games of the season we looked great. Last week, we forgot how to tackle, how to catch, how to hold on to the rock... No excuses this week because this team has proven that it can be done, so just go out and do it!! Win the game...

Who knows, with Burfict back, the defense could blow them up, or the offense struggles mightly with no Green downfield and the Panther's tough d-line, and it's close or they lose another one.

If it were a top 3-5 team in the league, I'd say they'd lose - they need AJ/Marvin, Zeitler (a good Burfict) and Eifert back on offense if they want to compete with those types of teams, but maybe the butt-hurt defense and embarrassment of Sunday night fires them up enough to play a good game, but am not sure about that happening, after they got "hit in the mouth" finally, and have a lot of injuries to key players.

I've been feeling gradually worse about this game as the week has progressed. Hope I'm wrong but I anticipate a loss.

To me they need this game and have to win, not because the Panthers are a push over they are far from that, but for the bengals to get back on track. They need to prove that the defense is not that horrible, and the offense can move the ball without there too guy. The coaches need to get back on what they did before the Pats game.

Is it a must win, no I guess not but if they look just as bad against the Panthers then I'm not sure what to make of this team. If they bounce back then maybe the Pats game was just a fluke. Guess will see what this team is made of.