2015 Coaching Carousel Begins to Spin

HoosierCat

Early start this year. Four weeks in and the Raiders job is open...

@AdamSchefter: There it is. RT @APtcollins: My sources tell me that @RAIDERS HC Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday.

Somewhere tonight Hue is laughing his ass off.

ETA update:

@AdamSchefter: And now, @APtcollins has deleted his tweet that Dennis Allen is fired as Raiders HC.

Let the Dennis Allen death watch begin!

• 2 months later...

I thought they were going to give Trestman another year, but after that Cutler fiasco, you knew something had to give.

Rex is no surprise and Smith being gone in Atlanta shouldn't really surprise anyone either.

Pick up Rex as the DC and see what he can do with the talent here. I know it wont happen, but it would be awesome.

I don't see any compelling reason to dump Gunther. Yes, the D took a step back this year but IMO that's due to personnel issues more than anything else.

I wasn't saying fire Gunther, but if Mike Smith can't find a job, I'm sure Marvin can find work for him on the defensive staff somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

So Marrone quits as HC of the Bills and lands in Jacksonville as an assistant HC.

Well, at least the weather is better...

I don't know what to think about that Marrone situation in Buffalo.

On one hand, I think he's a quitter. On the other hand, why the hell did the Bills put the option for him to walk away with pockets full of cash, regardless of working for another team in 2015 in his contract ?? Considering the current situation with the Bills, I can't say as I blame him all that much.

I'm not saying i'm losing sleep over that, but it's odd.