Injury Update from Lap

gregcook68

Lance McAlister @LanceMcAlister

I forgot Lap on Brandon Thompson: Knee.....probably miss at least a month #Bengals

Lap: Alex Smith done for year...torn bicep tendon @holygrailbanks #Bengals

Lap: Zeitler torn calf muscle...expects him to miss at least month. "He was playing at a Pro Bowl level" @holygrailbanks #Bengals

Lap: sitting AJ this week, to add to bye week of rest, has to be under consideration. @holygrailbanks #Bengals

Lap downplayed adding Orson Charles from Titans practice squad. #Bengals

Anyone heard anything on Burfict?

These injuries are really concerning.

If the thought is that you try to take advantage of the placement of the bye week to get these guys healthy, that's fine.

However, to think any team can simply sit a player or more because they think the Titans suck that bad is probably a bad thought process.

Any given Sunday right ??

I think you make the call in sitting these guys and giving them the extra week, but I hope things go well Sunday.

I don't want to lose a home game to the Titans.

You can argue either side and be right on this one.

The big thought for me is, you get the chance to let guys heal up and take advantage of the bye week.

They won't have that chance again this season, so take your chances on the outcome Sunday.

I would put this back on the coordinators and tell them to make it happen.

They got by the majority of the game without Green and Burfict and "should" be able to do it again against the Titans.

Pollak handled the RG spot with little to no concern, so that is not a worry for me.

DT is another story, but they have plenty of DE's that have moved inside, so who knows ??

They are VERY thin at TE and I don't have faith that Gresham will be consistent from week to week.

We've seen him occasionally have a day where he can take sh*t over and then the next you don't know he even played.

I see two TE's on our practice squad:

Kevin Greene, the 6'4 TE/LB from USC (rookie)

Ryan Otten, the 6'6 TE from San Diego St. (2nd year)

Can't find much on Greene, but saw this about Otten:
/>http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/ryan-otten?id=2539302

While I can't say as either would be a great option, I think options at the TE spot are few and far between.

With the concerns with putting TD's on the board instead of FG's while in the redzone, that 6'6 target couldn't hurt.

Comment made by Lap and casual fan question:

I was on the website viewing the 'Radio Guys' video and Lap made an interesting point.

He said that, being an offensive lineman himself, that when a team gets a successful run game going, it's light years easier to pass block.

I was curious as to why?

My limited knowledgeable guess would be the defensive line is on their heels expecting a run?

Anyone care to enlighten me, please?

If you get the run game going, it prevents the defense from pinning their ears back and coming after the QB because they have to watch for the run. It also means that if you have a decent play-action QB, he can "freeze" defenses for a second while they try to figure out if it's a pass or run play. Esiason was the master of this, he had the best play-action fake I've ever seen.

If you get the run game going, it prevents the defense from pinning their ears back and coming after the QB because they have to watch for the run. It also means that if you have a decent play-action QB, he can "freeze" defenses for a second while they try to figure out if it's a pass or run play. Esiason was the master of this, he had the best play-action fake I've ever seen.

It seems to me like that is the kind of offense they want to run here. They have there James Brooks and ickey Woods, I've seen more screens then ever before, they are getting the ball out quick, like they did back then. Makes me wonder if they are taking a page from back in the day.

It seems to me like that is the kind of offense they want to run here. They have there James Brooks and ickey Woods, I've seen more screens then ever before, they are getting the ball out quick, like they did back then. Makes me wonder if they are taking a page from back in the day.

Possibly, but I think the bottom line is that Hue understands how to sculpt a game plan around his talent. Play to your strengths and all that...

I thought the same thing on Sunday when Gio and Hill were on the field at the same time. Somewhere in SC, Sam Wyche is smiling.