Bengals Go From Joke to Model

HoosierCat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea read that Hoosier it was a great read. Just don't read some of the idiotic comments, who apparently don't understand the concept of this article.

Awesome about the Still Jerseys and a great thing the Saints team did for buying 100 of them. I have a friend who has had cancer from the age of 10 and is now 28, he has it off and on. It makes me proud and think there are some great people in this world when I read things like that. I'm really rooting for Still off and on the field, and I'm really hoping to see him on the field soon getting sacks.

Just as a point of reference I think the last time we played ATL at PBS was the Ocho Cinco coming out party and Mike Vick was still QB of the Falcons. They've made this team over after 2010 and did a great job doing it. They appear to have settled on a defensive scheme and are selecting guys that fit the system. On offense they have done a good job of finding role players and creating depth. They need to get credit for trusting their gut, dumping the jackasses and drafting true football players.

Sadly the dumb comments will continue. Today at PBS they ran out of hand towels in the mens room and someone made a remark about Mike Brown. I doubt that will ever change for many.

Just as a point of reference I think the last time we played ATL at PBS was 2006. It was the Ocho Cinco coming out party and Mike Vick was still QB of the Falcons. They've made this team over after 2010 and did a great job doing it. They appear to have settled on a defensive scheme and are selecting guys that fit the system. On offense they have done a good job of finding role players and creating depth. They need to get credit for trusting their gut, dumping the jackasses and drafting true football players.

Sadly the dumb comments will continue. Today at PBS they ran out of hand towels in the mens room and someone made a remark about Mike Brown. I doubt that will ever change for many.

Yeah, I saw they were out of hand towels as well and heard people bitching and moaning about it.

Right after that, the one guy drops his pizza, he carried in there with him, on the floor and then pick it up and eat it.

He's worried about not having hand towels ?? About a trip the hospital ??

He would probably blame it on food poisoning from the vendors and how Mike Brown must have hired the cheapest food company.

F*cking idiots.

Yeah, I saw they were out of hand towels as well and heard people bitching and moaning about it.

Right after that, the one guy drops his pizza, he carried in there with him, on the floor and then pick it up and eat it.

He would probably blame it on food poisoning from the vendors and how Mike Brown must have hired the cheapest food company.

F*cking idiots.

That pizza cost me thirty bucks, and no way was I wasting it.

F*cking idiots.

That pizza cost me thirty bucks, and no way was I wasting it.

:lol:/>:lol:/>:lol:/>

Dude, even my 7 year old son looked at me like, "Daddy WTF ?!?!"

I simply said, if you ever do something stupid like that expect Daddy to slap the hell out of you.

EDIT: I don't condone hitting your child or abuse of any kind. The above comment was meant to drive home a point and not something I would actually follow through on.

That is, unless they really had it coming. :ph34r:

The world's a funny place.

You hit the DNA jackpot, you're going to be a stud athlete because you're dad is Adrian Peterson. WAIT! The other side of the coin is you barely see your dad because he lives elsewhere and has various offspring scattered rather haphazardly about, and when you do see him he beats the living crap out of you.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about Zimmer.

They draft Bridgewater and have that hanging over them and now this with AP.

I wonder how ofter he talks to Marvin ??

In regards to AP, I don't understand a d*mn thing about how the Vikings front office makes their decisions.

After seeing those pics, I was sickened. That is far beyond simply disciplining your child.

Giving your kid a swat to the butt or raising your voice is one thing. Drawing blood after whiping them and seeing defensive wounds is another.

Like 31 other teams, the Vikings make decisions based on the Almighty Dollar. Over the past couple days you had Radisson suspend a sponsorship and sporting goods stores take AP jerseys off the shelf and lo and behold in the middle of last night they suspended him. :rolleyes: Now Anheuser-Bush is making disgruntled noises at the league too, and suddenly they hire some women to review their policies! But thanks to Rice's appeal things aren't going away. And pressure is building now to pull Greg Hardy.

Y'know, I could almost feel sorry for Goodell. Almost.

UPDATE 5:32 PM PT: Dwyer has been booked into the Maricopa County Jail. A list of the charges against him:

- 1 count of aggravated assault causing a fracture

- 1 count of aggravated assault involving a minor

- 2 counts of criminal damage

- 1 count of preventing the use of a phone in an emergency

- 1 count of simple assault

UPDATE 4:51 PM PT: According to the Phoenix PD release, Dwyer’s 18-month-old son was also a victim.

Consistent, black and white system would take the spotlight off Goodell. But it would deprive him of the discretion he so loves to wield, usually to favor his giants, steelers, ravens, and patriots.

That destruction of the Pats cheating evidence has to be one of the most arrogant, self-dealing, things I've ever seen in sports. Then the two games after I'm convinced he'd seen the tape but no one else ever would. I'd love to see him go.

What the hell is wrong with these guys. After all this crap going on, there are still guys out there beating women.

Many of these guys were raised in homes with domestic violence. It's a learned behavior.

This doesn't excuse anything, obviously, but their behavior isn't exactly surprising.

Yup. And ultimately, therein lies the solution. It's the same one Bengals fans shouted at our FO for years: quit drafting bums.

When did things here finally turn around? When they quit ignoring character. That's what Mikey was talking about when he said they went back to doing things the way Paul did.

If you don't want to deal with headlines about one of your players beating his wife, start by throwing out any prospect whose scouting report says he beat his girlfriend in college. It probably wont eliminate the problem, but at least you're trying to manage your risk. The more teams do that, the more the message filters down to the college and HS level that this kind of behavior will kill you chance of getting into the league.

Then combine that with funding for college and HS counseling, life skills and anger management programs. Attack the problem at its root. It will take years to percolate through the system but eventually you get a better candidate pool.