HoosierCat

Here's the injury report for Weds from Bengals.com

Out:

Marivin Jones (foot)

Did Not Practice:

Geno (feet)

Burfict (concussion)

Burkhead (knee)

Eifert (elbow ... not listed as being "out" for Sundays game as yet ??)

Pollak (knee)

Porter (hamstring)

Limited Practice:

Dunlap (hamstring)

AJ Green (foot)

Moobs (shoulder)

Full Practice:

Dennard (hip)

Margus Hunt (ribs)

James Wright (concussion)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Eifert out, what about having Gio line up in the slot, with Hill in the backfield? Just go with one TE for a while. Sometimes they could have Gio move from the slot, into the backfield (or vice versa). That gives Andy plenty of targets, but still with a decent running option.

Sanu is a player I was thinking about as being a big player in this game with Eifert being out.

I like moving Gio around to keep the defense guessing as we saw in the Ravens game.

I think we are going to see some jump balls thrown to the WR's as well when looking at our height advantage against their secondary.

Still hoping Hill has a larger (see punishing) role in this weeks game.

Also saw where Matthews is dealing with an ankle injury which would result in Gabe Carimi getting the start at LT.

I like how that would work out for our defense in ensuring we get pressure on Ryan.

Also saw where Matthews is dealing with an ankle injury which would result in Gabe Carimi getting the start at LT.

I like how that would work out for our defense in ensuring we get pressure on Ryan.

Word just came down a few minutes ago that Matthews has been ruled out for the game. So yeah, pressure would be nice...

If Geno's feet are feeling better, I would expect a bigger game from him this week as well.

If the starters get about 3-4 quarters of play through the preseason, and seeing how Geno played all of the last game, this should be like week 1 for him. Well, after being out for an extended period of time that is. I still expect improvement there.

So Burfict is questionable should find out tomorrow. Green, Newman and the rest we were worried about are probable.

So lets hope all is good with Burfict.

I think he has to be listed as questionable because of the amount of practice he missed. Also he has to pass concussion protocol?

I'll be shocked if Burfict doesn't play. He's the toughest player on the defense.

Here you go.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/80805/health-may-not-be-a-big-issue-for-bengals

He has to pass protocol on Saturday. If he does, he'll play. He passed it today and was a full go. He's likely to play Sunday, but the terminology of the injury reporting rule states he's "questionable".

from the .com injury report

OUT:

Marvin Jones & Tyler Eifert .... no surprises there

DOUBTFUL:

Rex Burkhead & Sean Porter ...good to see they're making some progress with recovery

QUESTIONABLE:

Taze .... hoping he's good to go

PROBABLE:

Atkins, Dennard, Dunlap, AJ, Hunt, Pollack, Moobs, James Wright .....glad to see these guys in the mix for the game

Hoping to see Dennard get "some" time, but can't say Ryan and that receiving corps would be a good situation to throw the rookie in his first game.

Anyone else a little curious about James Wright more than just special teams ??

I'm interested to see what he does if he's active for the game.

Two things for this game in my opinion:

Put a lot of pressure on Ryan with Carimi as their starting LT.

Run the hell out of the ball with Hill getting a larger role.

If I have to add a third, throw no injuries in there for me.

God knows that would be nice.

I mentioned it before but I also wonder how much Hue might be thinking about taking his shots downfield with the height advantage the Bengals have ??

Hoping to see Dennard get "some" time, but can't say Ryan and that receiving corps would be a good situation to throw the rookie in his first game.

Anyone else a little curious about James Wright more than just special teams ??

I'm interested to see what he does if he's active for the game.

Two things for this game in my opinion:

Put a lot of pressure on Ryan with Carimi as their starting LT.

Run the hell out of the ball with Hill getting a larger role.

If I have to add a third, throw no injuries in there for me.

God knows that would be nice.

I mentioned it before but I also wonder how much Hue might be thinking about taking his shots downfield with the height advantage the Bengals have ??

Where is Dane Sansenbacher at? What I want to see is less of Tate running routes.

OK it's gameday ! I'm all geared up and ready to rock - just waiting for the clock to tick round to 6:00pm here.

What''s folks perception of what is the key battle of the game day?

Will our D be able to handle their O and Atlanta's passing game?

Is our secondary strong enough to cope?

Can our O beat their D and outscore Atlanta?

Will Hue call a clock-management game and will Gio and Hill be able to rack up yardage on the ground?

Can Gresham and Alex Smith step up and play as a No. 1 and No. 2 TE ??

Will it be down to ST's dictating starting field position?

Can we give Dalton short fields to work with and do the opposite for Matt Ryan??

Could it be a very close game decided by a late turnover??

I really don't know if this game is likely to be nip and tuck all the way or whether one team will get blown out.