Marshall Newhouse

Scottishbengal

I was pretty concerned when the Bengals picked up Newhouse, the GB fans forum where ecstatic that he'd gone and a lot of posts were saying how much of a liability he was. It had me fearing that AC's replacement was going to be an albatross for us.

Well, he's been here a while now and we've gotten through 3 pre-season games so I was wondering what folk thought of him (I haven't managed to see any of the pre-season games) - is he THAT bad (as GB fans were saying), is he just adequate, or does he show some potential ???

He played right tackle with the ones against Arizona. That's a top notch Dline. Our running game was pisspoor but passing held up. All in all he played as well as any other guy on the line. That being said, if we run the ball like that, or set up screens like we did, we'll have our asses handed to is in Week 1 .

or set up screens like we did

They haven't been able to execute a screen in years. I don't know why, but they just suck at it. Every once in a while they'll get one right, but most of the time there's already a defender cutting through the screen before the runner even secures the ball. It's like those freaking reverses and end-arounds they used to run all the time that gained 20 yards east-west and two yards north-south. Rip it out of the playbook, throw it away, do something else.