Jets @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

The Jets fly into town next Saturday. Don't be surprised if the Bengals QBs light them up. The Jets' secondary appears to be a train wreck.

In a desperation move, the Jets moved safety Antonio Allen to cornerback to help fill the void created by the injuries to starter Dee Milliner (sprained ankle) and rookie Dexter McDougle (torn ACL), both of whom were hurt in Sunday's practice.

The Jets aren't sure if Milliner will be back for the season opener. His ankle is so swollen that he hasn't been able to take an MRI exam, so they claim they don't know whether it's a high- or low-ankle sprain. Either way, it's severe. Milliner, in a walking boot, said he was "in a lot of pain" at the time of the injury.

On Monday, Allen worked with the starting unit, making two interceptions in practice, but he's never played cornerback before. The Jets will audition free agents, but they're inclined to stay with the current personnel, according to general manager John Idzik.

Cornerback was a suspect position at the start of camp, and now four of the 10 corners are battling injuries. The other key injured player is Dimitri Patterson, a projected starter who isn't practicing due to a variety of minor ailments.

They also signed CFL and NFL journeyman corner LeQuan Lewis for depth today.

On the offensive side of the ball, running backs Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory and wide receiver Eric Decker didn't practice yesterday, per ESPN. Don't know what is up with the backs but Decker has a quad injury.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking for more of the same in an opening drive and solid play from the starters for a few series.

After that, i'll really be watching the WR battle now that Jones is out for a few games.

Then it's nothing more than seeing the 2nd and 3rd stringers make an effort to make the team.

EDIT: No injuries please.

From what I've read about thus far in training camp, injuries are really the only thing I believe that can keep them from succeeding.

Turnovers will happen, as I saw last night when Brady threw is first pick six, in his first full quarter of play, but I believe they will keep them to a minimum.

Praying that injuries are to a minimum as we already lost Marvin Jones for a few games!

Speaking of interceptions and pick sixes, I don't think you will see the forum meltdown here that will happen elsewhere when Andy throws is first pick six or interception, and he WILL throw interceptions and possibly pick sixes as even the best do.