You're the Head Coach

combatbengal

Year after year, our (we the fans) expectations of a great season run extremely high, then we get into preseason and we like certain things and go crazy over others. Then the season hits and there are times when we cheer and there are times when we just scratch our heads and say really, or WTF... So, if you were the Head Coach for the Bengals, or even one of the coordinators, what would you do to improve this team?

- I'd work on conditioning and a sense of urgency. I hate when we're on offense and players walk or take their time getting back to the huddle or line of scrimmage after a ply has ended. If they were in shape, motivated, and really want to win, they'd be jogging back and getting ready for the next play. Plus it gives our play caller a few extra seconds to get the play in and our QB a few extra seconds to make adjustments, read the defense, etc.

- I'd play players that perform! Dane Sanzenbacher performs well, but they never use him. Why? Why use Tate when all he does is drop balls, fumbles and makes bad decisions?

- I'd focus on basic fundamentals like tackling.

- Play calling would also be a focus. I love the run game but dude, when its 2nd and 18 or 3rd and 15, throw the pass, call a screen, go down and out... Running the ball up the middle is like giving up on the series. Oh and at the end of the quarter, half or game, no matter if I'm up or down (in points) I do not go to prevent. I play to win!

You are just setting this up for another COB response and i'm hoping it comes.

Me personally??

I would encourage the front office to be a little more aggressive in moving around in the draft.

I kind of understand why they haven't done that in the past, but I think this team is in new territory these days.

I can't see the point of having 9-10 draft picks when there is almost zero chance of most of them getting playing time.

I get wanting to have depth, but we are there as well with this team.

At some point, I don't think the team takes a hit from a depth perspective to give up 2-3 picks in order to move up and get a guy that has a better chance of not only playing, but starting. The Vikings gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder to move up 8 spots into the bottom of the first. Things like that. I simply don't see the team hurting from a move of that nature from this point on.

So more aggressiveness in the draft.

I would institute the use of electric shocks as a corrective measure. Dalton throws a pick? Tazed. Pick-six? Tazed in the nuts.

I would then institute a sweepstakes ($50 per entry) to select a new Tazer Boy every week.

Finally, I would use the money on throwback jerseys, bought from some internet site with bad language skills and slave labor.

Tazed in the nuts.

fear.gif

I would institute the use of electric shocks as a corrective measure. Dalton throws a pick? Tazed. Pick-six? Tazed in the nuts.

I would then institute a sweepstakes ($50 per entry) to select a new Tazer Boy every week.

Finally, I would use the money on throwback jerseys, bought from some internet site with bad language skills and slave labor.

How did COB get ahold of Joisey's password?