Roster Moves

HoosierCat

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that Outhouse takes over as the starter. Boling is apparently next man up at RT if he goes down, so that likely means that Hawkinson will be active so he can take over on the left side if needed. There are a couple of OL guys, Cleary and France, on the PS who could be brought up.

My guess is that Outhouse takes over as the starter. Boling is apparently next man up at RT if he goes down, so that likely means that Hawkinson will be active so he can take over on the left side if needed. There are a couple of OL guys, Cleary and France, on the PS who could be brought up.

Maybe, just maybe the battle with Watt will give him the confidence needed to step up.

Smith officially placed on IR. Meet your newest Bengal:

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 14m 14 minutes ago

The #Bengals signed OT Jamon Meredith. He's in his sixth season, most recently with Green Bay.

GB signed him briefly earlier this month, obviously been released since:

/>http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/packers-sign-ot-meredith-to-active-roster-put-wr-dorsey-on-ir-110814

The Packers signed Meredith -- who was drafted by Green Bay with the 162nd overall pick in 2009 -- to the active roster Saturday. Meredith takes the roster spot that belonged to wide receiver Kevin Dorsey, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Dorsey suffered what head coach Mike McCarthy described as a "significant" foot injury in Thursday's practice.

Meredith, listed at 6-foot-5 and 312 pounds, was originally only with the Packers for a few months because the Buffalo Bills signed him off Green Bay's practice squad in 2009. Meredith has since spent time with the Detroit Lions, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Indianapolis Colts. He has started 24 games in his career.

Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey

17 minutes ago

RT @Bengals #Bengals make following moves:

-LB Justin Jackson released from practice squad

-LB Terrell Manning signed to practice squad

/>http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/terrell-manning?id=2533055
/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrell_Manning

so long, Manning

/>http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-make-roster-moves-sign-LB-Terrell-Manning/b380ca34-e4a4-46ef-a72d-110e084d04d5

no word on if the Bengals picked up a new taxi squad player

Aside from the need for a rent-a-OT in Flesh Zeppelin's absence, Meredith may have been picked up specifically because of his time in (and therefore knowledge of) Tampa - specifically, 20 of his 24 career starts were in Tampa, with some of those as recently as last year

Otherwise I would have figured they'd promote one of the two PS guys, since they know the system/playbook by now far better than a street FA would absorb it in a week

DiManche gone for the year.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 23m 23 minutes ago

DiManche been a huge contributor on special teams. Was taking about 80% of ST snaps at this point.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr · 25m 25 minutes ago

#Bengals place LB Jayson DiManche on IR. Suffered a broken forearm yesterday. Had played in every game this season.

OT Jamon Meridith, LB JK Schaffer (was on IR) waived.

Meridith was waived because of Winston, obviously

Now Shaffer - I am willing to bet today's lunch money (which I already spent, so good luck collecting if I am wrong) that this move is necessary in order to resign him to the regular roster

I don't know where to go look this up, but I'm thinking that a player on IR can't be signed/re-signed, but a player waived form IR can go through waivers and if not claimed, can be re-signed

Shaffer knows the system and is somewhat proven in it, so if this is what is transpiring I am all for it

Obviously there is a risk of him being claimed but in that case, we're back to what we'd have to do anyway - try out street free agents and sign one of them

I bet they wish they'd kept Collins now.

dash.gif

dash.gif

Yep,

And what does it say about the viability of Kirkpatrick, that he can't beat out a guy with two blown/repaired achilles? Assuming we give Dennard a pass this season while he gets up to speed. My Football Management 101 desk guide would say that Kirkpatrick is a B-U-S-T. If Hall, with his fixed Achilles, is still more viable than DreKirk, why even keep DreKirk and draft Dennard? Seems a mess to me.

That they felt that keeping Hall, with two young r1 Corners on the roster, was more important than keeping AC and evolving the line so he could be the LT going forward, with Whit moving inside to LG (as they were when they played their best last year) is a baffling thing.

Moobs has been decently durable, as has Whit but with no real quality OT in the wings, the whole decision process for the salary cap, and contracts seems like they F'd up.

dash.gif

Yep,

And what does it say about the viability of Kirkpatrick, that he can't beat out a guy with two blown/repaired achilles? Assuming we give Dennard a pass this season while he gets up to speed. My Football Management 101 desk guide would say that Kirkpatrick is a B-U-S-T. If Hall, with his fixed Achilles, is still more viable than DreKirk, why even keep DreKirk and draft Dennard? Seems a mess to me.

That they felt that keeping Hall, with two young r1 Corners on the roster, was more important than keeping AC and evolving the line so he could be the LT going forward, with Whit moving inside to LG (as they were when they played their best last year) is a baffling thing.

Moobs has been decently durable, as has Whit but with no real quality OT in the wings, the whole decision process for the salary cap, and contracts seems like they F'd up.

They were never going to replace Hall they love him to much and feel he is there best corner. I wouldn't call Dre a bust you really can't call somebody that if you never seen him play yet. When he has played he has been pretty good. For some reason Marvin is always afraid to play the young guys, he will always play the older guy. I'm very suprised Wright is getting playing time.

AC is horrible this year, not sure if it's because he moved on but he is one of the worst tackles this season. I was hoping they resigned him, because I still think Whit is a better guard, but they made the choice, and with how AC is playing maybe it was not a bad idea, but who knows.

All that said, though I too wanted to keep AC around, I do like the fact that AC's departure almost ensures we get a r3 comp pick in the upcoming draft.

How about an OLT with that pick?

I think Kirkpatrick is a special teams coverage unit star (a poor man's Reggie, perhaps) at this point, so there is that....and.....I see his CB snapcounts are generally trending higher, so while I'd have liked to have had more contribution from him earlier, like we got from Zeitler, I honestly think he moves a little further from bust with each passing week